“Excellent hotel”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #20 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 August 2010

An excellent hotel, friendly knowledgeable staff, spotless rooms, great location and great price.

An interesting concept for a hotel; but I don't care that a city centre hotel doesn't have room service or serve anything other than a breakfast. It has free wi-fi and beer and bottles of wine can be purchases from vending machines on every floor.

I highly recommend a stay here.

1  Thank Graeme75

Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed at the hotel for three nights during our honeymoon road trip through Europe. We stayed at over 20 hotels on our honeymoon and this hotel was one of our favorites. It was centrally located and just 1km from the train station. The roof top garden was a nice touch and with the hotel being brand new, everything was very clean and tidy. They have coin operated laundry which was useful and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I'm not sure how we stumbled into such a great little hotel during our stay in Rome, but what a fabulous find. We were immediately impressed with the quality not only of the hotel, room, decor etc. but also with the superb staff! The front desk staff were always friendly and willing to be as helpful as possible. The location was excellent, within walking distance (less than 10 min) to Termini, and 5 min walk to the Metro, Republicca. Located just off of Via Nazionale (major road with shops etc) the street was very quiet, and away from a lot of the hustle and bustle. We found that not many people (taxi drivers etc.) knew about the hotel yet, but we would just mention the Opera and they would immediately know where. The breakfast, though not included 10 euros, was excellent and we were sure to stock up on the fresh fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice to help us start our day. The rooftop patio was a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing, and the very reasonable vending machines provided everything from water (50 cents!) to full bottles of wine, beer, coolers. The mini-fridge was also a great convenience to have in the room, as we went to the little grocery store behind the hotel and stocked up on snacks. IQ Hotel Roma was built with convenience, and self-service in mind. With laundry machines, free business centre/wifi, workout room, rooftop patio, ice machine, vending machines all available. We were in a double room, which was spacious enough, had a easy to use safe, flat screen tv, comfortable bed/duvet, and very clean and modern decor. The only problem with the IQ Hotel Roma is that when I recommended it to my parents for their upcoming visit to Rome- it was fully booked!! Word is definitely spreading about this fabulous little hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrea22_10
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at the IQ hotel while we were in Rome for 3 nights. I could not be happier with the room, the quality of service, and especially the value. During August which is the height of the tourist season, we got our room for such a low price that I don't even feel right disclosing it. Then on top of that, the hotel staff were so nice to give us a free upgraded room. Our room was very large, very well accommodated, and our glass doors/windows opened right out to overlook Teatro Del Opera De Roma from a small balcony.

Our breakfast, though not included in the price of the stay, was delicious. They have everything from cereal to eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, fruit, deli meats and cheeses. They also offer a very nice selection of fresh juice. We loved the red orange juice. On top of that they have an amazing coffee machine which will make anything from an espresso to American coffee, to a cappucinno, and more. Very tasty as well. They do not have room service or a restaurant or a bar on site (they do have an easy bar), but they do have some well stocked vending machines. My favorite of course was the vending machine with all of the beer and wine. You can buy a full sized 6 euro bottle of some great tasting wine (Castelli Romani), or you can buy several other wines and beers. The hotel also features a roof top terrace which is really nice for hanging out with friends or reading a book any time of day. There isn't a view from there though.

The location was pretty perfect. Very close to the train station which will take you to the Vatican and several other attractions. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Colosseum, and is close to restaurants and other attractions while being just far enough away to enjoy some peace and quiet. I can't think of the name of the restaurant off of the top of my head, but if you cross the street from Teatro Del Opera and walk away from the hotel, the first restaurant on the corner is pretty delicious. I had my doubts, but my wife convinced me to eat there, and they had the best pizza I tasted in all of my stay in Italy.

I would suggest getting a Roma Pass, and seeing all of the sights on foot without a tour guide. The tours tend to rush you through areas you'd prefer to spend more time in, or spend too much time in areas that seem of little importance. Plus it's immensely cheaper if you do it on your own. The Roma Pass doesn't cover the Vatican though. I suggest buying a "skip the line" ticket in advance online. Again, I wouldn't suggest taking the tours. Just be sure to see the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. If you have several days in Rome, I would recommend dedicating at least one entire day, if not two, to the Vatican. Also, be sure to get the panoramic view of all of Rome via the glass elevator. I forget the name of the Palace that has it, but the hotel staff can help you find it.

In conclusion, I absolutely loved this hotel, and I would certainly recommend it to anyone I know or don't know for that matter. Enjoy your stay, and enjoy beautiful Rome!

2  Thank BrandonNewton
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We were on our honeymoon so it was important the hotel was great. We are not fans of fancy hotels that provide facilities you never use, so IQ Roma seemed to fit the bill as we simply wanted a good, clean room at a fair price to use as our base for sightseeing.

Frankly, however, we were delighted with all aspects of the hotel. Friendly, multi-lingual staff. Excellent cleaning of the room. Lovely 24 hour roof terrace with a self-service bar that offers great selection at unbeatable value. Rome is very expensive and this hotel breaks the mould for value.

I never thought I'd write such a glowing review - if you want no-hassle, clean, modern hotel which leaves money in your pocket for the important sightseeing/eating out, this is the place!

2  Thank TheDragonBroker
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. It was the cheapest hotel during our whole european stay ($93 AUD p/nite) and it was the best hotel we stayed in! We booked the hotel on its first opening week and did have some doubts then because we couldn't find any reviews ~ boy were we surprised to find this plush gem!

Booked a small double room and it really is not that small - normal good size. Lovely modern furnishings and with great aircon throughout the whole establishment. Great concept of the vending machines as well ~ and good prices (especially the ice-tea!). Great facilities, gym, wifi, breakky, vending machines, upper terrace area, smokers courtyard and even free ice! (although probably best to provide ice buckets next time). The bed was cleand and comfy, shower had great pressure and staff were very helpful.
Location is superb - The entrance is actually facing the opera; just around the corner from busy Nazionale (great street for shopping and theres a supermarket too), restaurants nearby, metro repubblica about 5 min walk but yet also quiet because its on a small street.
Would highly highly recommend this hotel for Rome stays!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shez12
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Very conveniently located near the Termini railway station. The front desk staff was very cooperative and helpful. The hotel was also very clean and neat. The first day the air-conditioning was a bit defective but this was fixed subsequently. Overall, the hotel is very good value for money. For those who want something more than the vending machines in the hotel can dispense, there is the Carrefor Express ( supermarket) just behind the hotel. There is also another supermarket, Despar, which is also a few metres away. The terrace is a great place to relax after a tiring day. The business centre on the ground floor has quite a few PCs and also a printer. We found the internet connectivity good here throughout our stay. There is also a washing machine/dryer/iron for those who wish to launder their clothes quickly spending only a couple of Euros. Gym is small but serves the purpose. Would recommend this hotel 100% to anyone who is looking for convenience and a clean place without unwanted frills.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family