If I were rating Domus Valeria purely on the criteria of a hotel, it wouldn't get a five star rating. Don't expect a traditional five star hotel when you are coming here. However the experience of staying at Domus Valeria far exceeded those at much "higher quality" hotels and B&B's. Domus Valeria is about the people and thats what I enjoy most about travel. We stayed in a much posher B&B while in Rome as well and I will book DV as my first choice when I come back for my next visit.
1. This is a proudly gay owned B&B and we felt totally welcomed the moment we arrived. Over the week we were there there were several other guests staying, both gay and straight, and it made for a very fun and comfortable mix.
2. Marco helped us out with all our little issues and problems, even when we didn't ask. He printed maps, gave great recommendations, helped us with online reservations, and chatted with us as if we were part of his family. There is a very genuine, caring feeling to this place.
3. The location is awesome, breakfast every morning on the rooftop was a treat, and even though you share common areas and bathrooms, we were never disturbed or felt a loss of privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Domus Valeria is my cozy Attic-Floor Apartment (with lift) for gays, lesbians and hetero friends, located in central Rome.The apartment, with two doubles and one single room, is on the attic floor of Palazzo Saulini, one of the most prestigious historical buildings of Via del Babuino, built in the eighteenth century. The roof garden of about 100 square meters, overlooking the Spanish Steps and the Academy of France, is completely available to all guests.The period decor and the comfortable lounge area make Domus Valeria the perfect place to stay for a visit in the Eternal City, for business or leisure. Wi-Fi Internet access, the collection of films and books and a large terrace overlooking Rome will make your stay a unique experience, whether it is for a few days or several weeks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Domus Valeria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.