“What a pleasant stay. Thank you for making us feel like home!”
Review of Domus Valeria

Domus Valeria
Ranked #617 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed at Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast during our visit in Rome in September 2012. We were extremely pleased with our decision. Marco, the owner, was extremely friendly and helpful whenever we needed little things here and there. No matter what time we needed advice, he was willing to make our trip easy. His suggestions about places to go and eat were great. He also helped us book a few places where we could not communicate in Italian (including an early cab pickup to the airport in the rain). With his effort to make the stay enjoyable, we will definitely return to stay at the same place when we go back to Rome.

The room was comfortable and clean. Each room has an AC. His hospitality really made us feel like home. Sharing the bathroom was never an issue for us. The wifi password was provided free of charge. The breakfast was provided on the rooftop every morning. The place about a block from the Spanish Steps (and the subway). We cannot say enough great things about this place.

Room Tip: Discuss this with Marco. I basically think all the rooms are the same (quiet because they are on th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SeatTon
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Thanks for the nice review.

Hope to see you soon!

I also take this opportunity to wish you a very happy new year.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I'm so glad to have chosen Domus Valeria for my trip to Rome. It is wonderfully located, the hospitality outstanding and the breakfasts were wonderful. Marcus does a fantastic job hosting, his advice was invaluable. The room was very comfortable and remarkably quiet. We especially enjoyed the rooftop terrace when it wasn't raining. I've stayed at many B&Bs and this is one of the best!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DTown6964
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

thanks for the nice review ... and the name "terrific" ... you're too kind!

Hope to see you soon.

I send you a big hug and best wishes for the upcoming holidays

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Domus Valeria is located in the heart of Rome on a busy street, mere steps from the Spanish Steps and the Spagna metro stop. It was quite a pleasant surprise to discover how quiet and peaceful our room was! The beds were very comfortable, and Marco supplied two soft pillows on each of our beds. Our large window overlooked rooftops of the buildings lining the courtyard at back of the building.
Breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace, weather permitting. Marco supplied us a key for anytime access to the terrace, which also houses a small kitchenette. When the weather doesn't cooperate, breakfast is set up in the lovely dining room mere steps from the rooms.
We were impressed by the slippers and robes waiting for us in our room, and the plush towels Marco supplies. We also were very appreciative and grateful for Marco's hospitality that goes over and above that of any other place I've stayed in Italy (or ANYWHERE)! Our comfort is his utmost concern, and he makes sure we feel like we are at home there; and we DID feel very at home! He even went so far as to invite us to eat or drink anything in the fridge, the fruit on the table, etc, at any time; and if we wanted more of something to add it to the shopping list and he'd get it for us. WOW! What a gracious host he is!
Marco is very familiar with area restaurants, shops, etc and is very helpful in providing direction for anything we needed to buy from restaurants to greeting cards to cold medication as well as how to best get from point A to point B.
We most definitely will stay here again, and I recommend him to anyone staying in Rome!

Thank you, Marco, for your kindness, warmth, and hospitality! I enjoyed talking with you and staying in your home. The cold medication you recommended worked very well, and I had no problems on the airplane trip home. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank IoAmoItalia
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review!
It 'been a pleasure for me to have you in my house.
Hope to see you soon, I wish you a happy Christmas, but more a happy new year.

Marco

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Marco's bb for four nights. It was a great experience. The place felt very home-like. The room is spacious, clean, and comfy. The shared bath was never a issue for us. The roof terrace was amazing. It was literally a few steps from Spanish steps. The room was very quiet considering it is located at the heart of Roma. Marco was so personable and helpful. He great us many great advices that saved us some trouble. We would definitely come back again if we get to visit Rome again. can't wait to see how the terrace will look like after Marco's renovation.

Joy and David

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Qianjunyao
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Many thanks for your nice review and words. I wish you all the best and I hope to see you once again in the next near future.

With warm regards

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My wife and I spent three fantastic days at Domus Valeria in October. In our opinion, it's not only the best place to stay in Rome...it's the only place to stay. Marco welcomed us into his apartment and made us feel comfortable right from the start. He went the extra mile for us every day of our stay by offering advice and assistance, particularly when our flight back to the United States was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. Airline representatives told us it might take a week to get us on another flight. Marco used his skills and connections as a former travel agent to help us arrange a way home. He spent nearly four hours assisting us and personally ran over to the travel agency to pick up our tickets. We are grateful for the wonderful hospitality and care he offered during our stay. We look forward to returning to Rome and to Domus Valeria soon!

1  Thank Michael P

Thank you for your review. Beginning with the title you have chosen.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I would like to thank Marco for hosting us. We really enjoyed our stay at Domus Valeria.
Location was great - The hotel is just few steps from Spanish Stairs and 10-15 mins away from the most know places in Rome. The rooms are clear and comfortable. I would definetely rate the hotel as excellent.

1  Thank AnnaSwiss
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your nice review.

I hope to see you in the next near future.

Greetings from Rome

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We cannot say enough good things about this experience. The innkeeper, Marco was incredible: gracious, kind, helpful and a top notch host. His rooms are lovely and quiet and the breakfast was the best we had on our Italy trip. He and his partner, Erik, do an amazing job. We will be back when we visit Rome next time!

Room Tip: As for one of the rooms closest to the bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

thanks for the nice review, but above all for the nice words to me: I really wonder if I deserve all these compliments! The truth is that most of my guests during this 2012 were fantastic. Like you! Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.