“Fantastic all round”
Review of Palm Gallery Hotel

Palm Gallery Hotel
Ranked #20 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This is a great hotel. All the staff, especially its owner Louisa, are fantastic. Best hotel service in Europe in my travels in 15 years. Due to our late booking (i.e. our fault, not their's) we stayed in three rooms - all were fantastic. Gardens and flowers were gorgeous, rooms clean and lovely. Breakfast and drinks all fab. Have already made plans to go back with friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank womantravelling
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 17 July 2011

A lovely spot for a few summer days in Roma with two children. Escape the noise and bustle & enjoy the unique hospitality - Luisa, Stefano, Vincenzo & the whole staff. It is an elegant building in a nice tranquil area, close enough to everything but so nice to enjoy a little quiet and relaxation as well.

The room was excellent: elegant and spacious with two windows, air and nice bathroom. Breakfast in the morning in the garden area, and we had pizza outside in the garden at night with a great local beer. Enjoy the lovely breakfast outside beneath the large sun umbrellas. Two good internet access points to have connectivity on any floor. A small room filled with magazines, and comfortable inside easting area and television. They make you feel comfortable, at home, and the kids enjoyed it. I feel lucky to have found this spot and will enjoy returning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ParisAtlas
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I cannot say enough about this hotel and all that work there. I would love to revisit Rome just so that I could stay here again. All of my trip stories to family and friends have included stories about my time at the Palm Gallery. The rooms were very tidy and very comfortable. The patio was relaxing with drinks, food and lots of conversation with other guests and staff. Lorenzo went out of his way to research Maria Montesssori for me when I asked about the location of the first Montessori school. He went above and beyond. He also makes a great cocktail!

Reviewed 15 July 2011

In June, I took a trip to Rome with my 3 best friends. We saw numerous attractions (the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, etc.), but when asked about my trip, the one thing that I cannot stop talking about is the Palm Gallery Hotel. From start to finish, this place does it right.
When I wrote to Luisa, the hotel's owner, back in December to inquire about rates and availability, she sent me not only a description of each room option, but also a synopsis of the hotel's neighbourhood, options for pick up at either the airport or train station, and a link to a website showing bus routes to points of interest.
The fabulous service continued throughout our stay. Luisa has put together a great staff in Daniel, Lorenzo, Vincenzo, Farukh and others. They are all friendly, personable and outgoing, and honestly, cannot do enough for you. These guys really go over and above in terms of service, hunting down English-language newspapers for guests, making restaurant recommendations, playing host, bartender, concierge and chauffeur all in one. They make staying here really feel like home.
The rooms at the Palm Gallery are lovely too. Very clean, nicely appointed and with very comfortable beds (which for Europe, can be a stretch). I loved the hotel's location; residential but well within striking distance of all major attractions either on foot (Borghese Gallery), by bus (Pantheon, Vatican) or metro (Colosseum is only 4 stops away).
Do yourselves a favour and stay at this hotel. After a long, hot day of sightseeing, you will love relaxing on the front deck with a beer or a glass of Friuli, a bowl full of olives and caper berries and great conversation and laughs with the staff and fellow travellers.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

An absolutely wonderful place to stay. Luisa and her staff couldn't have been more welcoming and gracious. The location is in a quiet area of the embassy district, close to bus transportation, good restaurants and a beautiful park. Daniel was available to pick us from the train and deliver us each day to wherever we needed to go which was so helpful.The staff were all so friendly and willing to grant every wish.
Rome is such a busy city and it was so nice to come "home" each day to a welcome, friendly, peaceful setting. My good friend, her daughter and I shared a corner room. It was very nice and there was plenty of space for the three of us. I would highly recommend this location to anyone visiting Rome..

Reviewed 12 July 2011

it was our first trip to Italy and we were concerned about finding our way around Rome. We arrived by rail and were greeted at coach side by Daniel, Palm Gallery right hand man, who quickly took us to his waiting vehicle and took us to the hotel. The hotel was located in a beautiful,quiet neighborhood with embacies just down the street and two large, lovely parks nearby. The location was perfect as it was close to everything, but just far enough away to be relaxing and peaceful. We were greeted at the hotel by Louisa, who was amazing, helpful, and charming. Our luggage was carried to our rooms while we were treated to wine and appetizers. I asked for iced tea and they didn't have any so they quickly brewed some for me and made sure I had a fresh pitcher each morning in the frig. Each day Daniel delivered us to our tour locations, made sure we found our tour leader, and showed us how to go to another spot by taxi, bus, or metro reminding us that he would be happy to help us leaving a card with each of us. The breakfast on the terrace were wonderful, highlighted by fresh fruit, warm crescent rolls, great coffee choices and many other entrees. Rome was hot and harried and we loved it, but we relished going back to The Palm Galley to freshen up and have a quiet drink on the terrace to cool down before embarking on another adventure. Louisa, Daniel, and the staff were informative, helpful and utterly charming. We could not have asked for more. The room was spacious and spotless and the neighborhood offered so many opportunities for dining. We were able to see Italians with their families away from the tourist crowds. The title says Hotel, but it is much more like a bed and breakfast. I travel a lot and I have never been so impressed and pleased with my accommodations. We felt like family. They truly spoiled us for the rest of our hotels on the trip. I highly recommend Palm Gallery if you are traveling to Rome.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

My three best friends and I celebrated a milestone birthday by traveling to Rome this summer and the Palm Gallery Hotel was by far one of the best elements of the trip thanks to the owner Luisa and her wonderful staff including Daniel, Lorenzo, Feruq (sorry if I misspelt the name!) and Vinceso! It was a second home for us and the hotel was beautifully situated so that we were close to all ammenities so everything was extremely easy to get to for sight seeing, adventuring, etc. The rooms were lovely and very comfy! I truly loved everything about this hotel and its people and highly recommend this as the best hotel in Rome. Luisa and her staff treated us as old friends and were truly wonderful and very accomodating. I can't wait to go back and stay there and visit with my new friends! Ciao!

1  Thank MargaretWB