“Romantic and Welcoming”

Ranked #21 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Salzburg, Austria
“Romantic and Welcoming”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Our welcome was warm. The room was beautiful, tastefully furnished, comfortable beds.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were three people traveling to Rome and this place gave us much needed relief from Paris.
The owners were excellent, Louisa even woke early morning to make coffee for us on our day of departure to Paris. And Louisa's husband was waiting for us at the Rome airport when we landed which super awesome. This would be my go to place for my next visit to Rome!!!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The staff and service at the hotel is far and away the best that I have ever experienced. We arrived around 11 am and we were greeted by a member of the staff. He took our luggage and served us cappuccinos while we relaxed and planned out our first day in Rome. The staff even hurried up to clean our room so that we could get into it before heading into the city. Throughout our entire stay, the staff continuously went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us. We happened to be there on New Years Eve and the owner (Luisa) gave every guest a bottle of sparkling Italian wine and pieces of a traditional Italian New Years Cake. She even invited us up onto the roof for an amazing view of the fireworks while we ate cake, drank wine and rang in the new year. She acted as though we were friends of hers that were visiting rather than guests of the hotel.

They have a fantastic (and free) breakfast buffet that includes made to order omelets. The room was nice and a decent size for a European hotel. There is free internet access. Although it is not in the center of Rome, it was nice to be away from all the noise and people. Plus, it was easy to get into the main part of the city via bus or metro (and the staff was glad to help us find the right bus).

I won't even consider staying anywhere else the next time that I go back to Rome. Thanks for a great experience Luisa!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed in many hotels in Italy and this was by far the most expensive one. We asked for a big room and paid 20€ extra for it. It worked out to be a good idea since we stayed here for 3 days. The lobby, reception and the dining room is very tiny however very efficient. The rooms had high ceilings and they were very clean. We parked our car right in front of the hotel for the whole stay. The staff were all helpful and smiling. There were very little to complain about this hotel. One was the towels in our room were all like sand papers but clean. When I tried to tell the owner and she said she deliberately made them to be rock hard for health reasons. The other was the toilet didn't stop flushing and there were constant water flow if you forgot to tap it for the second time. I wouldn't normally write this sort of things on my reviews however the owner seemed to be happy with the way the toilet worked when I told her. So I guess you should now beforehand because the owner seems to think nothing is needed to be done to fix this. Overall this boutique hotel is a good stay, good breakfast, friendly staff and in a relaxing quite neighborhood. I would consider it very good but not excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Serbese
palmgallery, Proprietario at Palm Gallery Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
If we are told on time about problems or complains, we can react on time or, at least, try our best.

Just going out, with the luggage already out of the door, you told me the problems (toilet flush, towels). Sorry, how you can say that I am happy with service problems! 24H/day a worker is in the hotel, in charge for the maintenance and sometimes we have been able to fix also trappy problems in less than 15 minutes.
For 3 days, even if you were already using hard and uncomfortable towels and dealing with a flush toilet, you have been congratulating me for the excellent service, saying that the PalmGallery was no doubt the best on this long tour in Italy,… giving me also a fantastic present of Turkish jellies. Please, try to complain as you get the problem!
Even if cheaper rooms were available, you selected the best room of the hotel, suitable for 4 people, wide view, ... and we agreed about a discounted price of 140€.
About the towels, on request , we provide scented towels, washed by a professional laundry, added with softener.
The standard towels are washed and dried at the sun, no softener and perfumes added, according to our culture. This process is very clean, compliant to our environmental protection criteria, healthy for the skin and blood circulation and perfectly absorbent . It’s also more expensive than an external professional service: we spend a lot of hours managing it.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Hi all, my experience of the Palm Gallery Hotel was very good 1) The staff are very helpfull & knowledegable and will help you with, train and bus times, attractions worth visiting, retaruants,and pricing for all the above. 2) It is clean and simple, but nicely decorated and modern with all the needed facilities including a smoking room. 3) comfortable. 4) About a twenty minute walk from the Spanish steps, where you can take part in the New Rome Free tour, well worth doing,, and 2 minutes from a bus stop which will take you anywhere you want to go and about 10 minutes from a selection of resteruants. 5) Did not bother me but the hotel has several cats.6) We were made to feel really welcome and the staff bent over backwards to help. 7) Value for money, I thought very reasonably priced, I think it was about 440 euro for one 3 bed room for 3 nights, but we got a special deal. 8) To finish the best praise I can give it is if I were to go to Rome again I would not look anywhere else I would immediatley book there.

Room Tip: Corner room was very quiet,but I have to say the whole place was quiet, but it was winter, so I woul...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mark h
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The Palm Gallery Hotel was just what I was looking for in Rome - small, charming, very friendly and incredibly good value. Luisa was all about providing the best service available and she and her staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Our welcome was warm and inviting which set the pace for our short 2 night stay. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the very large 'panoramica' room with the 2 corner windows. I guess the view outside wasn't quite as beautiful as I had imagined but it was winter and still very nice. The room was stunning - clean, spacious and the bed was so comfortable. Loved the bathroom and the only gripe was that the towels were a little old looking and scratchy (just needed drying in the tumble dryer). Two of the breakfast highlights were the cappuccinos made with fresh milk from cows in the neighbouring mountains and the freshly squeezed orange juice. Luisa recommended a wonderful little Italian restaurant close by for dinner and it was so much better than the ones we tried in the centre of Rome. We felt welcome and were treated like one of the locals. Great wine selection too. The house and neighbourhood were very quiet and we did not have any noise issues whatsoever even though the villa is still being renovated. I love her style, energy and enthusiasm and will heartily recommend the hotel, especially in the low season, when we hope to go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenny M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice during my trip to Italy. The first time in the "Panoramica" room for 180Euro per night and and the second time in the Large Double room for 150Euro per night. First, the second room was just as nice as the first. The website says that the Panoramica room has a lovely view - but unfortunately at only 4 storeys high, and where all the surrounding buildings are 4 storeys high, all I saw was a wall. Both rooms were spacious, beautifully furnished and the washrooms equally so. So no need to spend money on the upgrade.

Overall the hotel is very nice - though I would consider it more a B&B. The deck is nice to relax on for breakfast - which is offered with great variety and made to order (pancakes, eggs, etc.). The hotel is out of the way, and in a city where buying bus tickets can be difficult, it can get a little frustrating. It takes about a 30-40 minute brisk walk to get to the more lively parts of Rome. The service is incredible. They are so warm and gracious. Offer you free drinks, water bottles, maps, instructions - whatever you could need. I doubt you would find greater staff.

Some complaints: The tap water in my first room smelled horrid. Construction was underway on the property and started early. There was a school nearby and if you desperately needed a nap during the day (if you end up going out after dinner which finishes at 11pm) - the kids are noisy. Sound travels through the hotel like the walls do not exist. You can hear everything on the floor above and below as well.

Some tips:
For a truly authentic dining experience go to Pizzeria Bruto, very close by. Menus and waitresses in Italian only - but was some fun!
Also, if you can, pay with cash. I saved 27 Euro by paying cash for 3 nights!

Room Tip: Do not upgrade to "Panoramica" there is no view at 4 storeys.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo