“First time in Rome, won't be the last!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Gallery Hotel

Palm Gallery Hotel
Ranked #20 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
“First time in Rome, won't be the last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I visited with my mother in August. We were treated like royalty and with genuine consideration. Although the hotel isn't central to the city itself, public transport is made very easy in how the staff explained and guided us through it. They were knowledgeable about the whole city and what it has to offer and were very good also, in working out our needs as tourists.
Before we even got there, Luisa furnished me with as much information as I requested in advance, which filled me confidence. They did not disappoint. It was a short trip to Rome, but I will be returning again with friends. I won't stay anywhere else. I just hope there will be vacancies as there are so many wonderful reviews on here and they are all true!! Thank you Palm Gallery.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Samantha M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Clifton Park, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Just back from Rome, and the Palm Gallery was the highlight of our trip. We booked it after reading the many favorable reviews on TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed. The service is just as described . . . personal and thoughtful, with the most helpful staff I have ever encountered at ANY type of hotel. From the welcoming Prosecco and orientation by Lorenzo to the warming tea and coffee prepared for us when we returned drenched from a rainy day of sightseeing, this hotel became our home away from home. We loved the feline greeters as well . . . Romeo and Peggy were very welcoming! We especially enjoyed living in a beautiful real neighborhood and experiencing the local restaurants recommended by the staff. Every one was a wonderful experience! We like to stay at bed and breakfasts in the US, and this was very much like a large B & B. Not for those who are looking for handicap access (many steps) or want to be in the middle of the tourist district (requires taking Metro/ bus/ or tram to reach center of Rome, which was a plus in our view!) The best decision you will make in planning your Rome trip! Thank you to Luisa, Lorenzo, Vincenzo, Daniel and entire staff for a great stay!

Room Tip: Large panoramic room in corner was spacious and light.
Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is more a thankyou than a review.

The hotel was fantastic but our trip was really made by the naturally friendly and helpful staff.

Luisa, Vincenzo, Lorenzo, Daniel and Tony all went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay and knowing it was my Birthday made sure I had a good time.

Thank you for making Esther and I feel at home and providing such a welcoming place to stay.

I hope we get to come back!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

My wife booked the hotel and the trip to Rome for my Birthday after researching the Internet and reading Trip Advisor reviews. After a little navigation we arrived at the Palm Gallery and found the most welcoming staff I have encountered anywhere on my travels. Lots of advice, a real friendly feel, nothing was too much trouble for any of them and a special mention to Daniel and Lorenzo who are a credit to the hotel. Daniel even went to the trouble of giving us and 4 other guests a short ride up to local restaurants in a huge thunderstorm , which was very kind.
The place is a small boutique style place is how I describe it and has a nice decking area on which to have a drink and plan your trips around the city. The room we had was one of the larger ones (S2) on the first floor and was spacious and really nice and a really, really comfortable bed ( firm).
The dining area was quite small but as its only used for breakfast buffet and most people ate outside it was not really an issue so don't let that put you off.
Overall this has a nice friendly feel to the place, its nicely decorated and appointed but its not large so don't expect large open hotel spaces.
My only small reservation and it is small, hence 4 stars and not 5, was the location its just that little bit further out , which also has its pros and cons. The walk to the nearest Metro is 15 mins and is a simple and great way to travel but the bus stop is just a the top of the street and if you know where you are going then its easy.
There are some good local restaurants close to the hotel and the staff gave some good advice on the food and who did what well.
Hope that helps ,the staff are brilliant, we enjoyed it and hope you will too.

Room Tip: We had S2 on the first floor which was spacious and really nice. I noticed that there are rooms on t...
3 Thank zafar1084
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was the perfect place for us to stay in a quiet neighbourhood just outside the main area of the city. It was easy to reach all of the sights by a short taxi ride which always arrived within five minutes of calling.

The rooms are comfortable with modern ensuites and the breakfast was excellent. A special mention for Daniel who looked after us especially well and made our stay a memorable one. I would have given 5 stars but one member of the staff was less than friendly to us and let the rest down but that is the only negative I could give and would still very much recommend staying here.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
palmgallery, Proprietario at Palm Gallery Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
We are pleased to serve our selection of wines, drinks and cocktails and our terrace/bar is a cozy&soft place to indulge and to be delighted, but not to spend the night cackling….
The one that you consider less than friendly is Vincenzo: a super-nice receptionist. Usually our guests love him (as many people write on the other reviews).
The night you have considered him less than friendly, you and your friends have been drinking on our terrace-bar. After 1am, as the shift of Vincenzo was over, I asked him “to shut down the terrace”, as the level of the alcohol was pretty sizeable.
He informed you that we were going to close the terrace-bar and not serve more drinks , but you could anyway continue to stay there longer if you liked to.
You had an over-reaction, really uncommon and, sorry, somewhat rude.
I think your perception of the simple message from Vincenzo has been affected by the alcohol level!
Usually when my staff are at the end of their shifts, I go down and continue to work, but that night, I didn’t feel comfortable …..
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

30th anniversary trip, had never been to Europe. My wife and I are not seasoned travellers. Wanted to see the some of the sites,with a touch of the day-to-day.Slightly less central than some, but tram/bus/metro to core easy to figure.

Staff were fantastic! Tony picked us up at Termini when we had Metro issues. Offered us a drink on their deck/patio, while luggage was taken to our room. A professional young man named Vincenzo let us relax a few minutes and then provided lists of bus routes, local recommended restaurants, maps. He and another helpful young man (whose name escapes me) arranged cabs,event tickets to Domus Valentini (a must see), and boarding passes.

This place walks that fine line of professional yet warm; private yet social. Room cosy, quiet & spotless.Very comfortable bed. Cool residential area.

Best, freshest, continental breakfast selection on our trip by a mile. Loved having an evening drink sequestered on their patio, surrounded by greenery and speaking with others
You want bling? Not for you. You want to see a little of the heart and soul of the Roman people?
Then book here. Palm Gallery unquestionably added to our wonderful stay in Rome and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Stayed in room SB? On main floor next to breakfast area. Mild preparation noise by 7AM. We are earl...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

It was one of our wild trips; just took the car and drove on.... So, we didn't really have early hotel bookings anywhere. 2 nights before we hit Rome, I realised that we just cannot hit a huge city and look for a place to crash in. So, close to midnight I quickly checked tripadvisor and was convinced about the Palm gallery hotel from the reviews that I read. I sent them an email and got a quick reply. We were lucky to have a room at such a short notice. The email exchanges were smooth; Right away, I had a feeling that it was going to be a good stay.
When we arrived there, it felt like we had entered a familiar zone. We were welcomed by Lorenzo (hope I got the name right) who was very pleasant and friendly. We loved our room and bathroom (to me, the state a bathroom is in says it all) - clean, tastefully done and just so cosy. Our 9 year old son loved the window that connects our room to the balcony. The fact that the balcony was at a higher level than our room excites him even more so as he had to climb up through the window. The hotel is located in what seemed to be an affluent part of Rome. This gave us an advantage of seeing part of the Roman life and yet enjoy being tourists. Our only challenge was to find a parking spot. However, we were offered their parking lot until we could find a solution. So, without much worries we straightaway hit the city sights.
Breakfast in Italy is not as famous as their lunches and dinner. But at the Palm gallery hotel, breakfast was fresh and good. You could even order eggs of your choice. They had a small dining area where space is well utilised. It was just so cute. Of course, you have the option of picking your breakfast and enjoying it in the verandah under the warm October sunshine.
Although we were there for just 2 nights, we had different rooms on both nights. And both didn't fail us. The toiletries is worth mentioning :) - L'Occitane products (a personal favourite brand). I highly recommend a stay here to anyone reading this. The city is accessible with good bus connections, the bus stop being 7-8 mins walk away from the hotel. Unless you consider that a pain, all else is good. Thanks Luisa and team for making our stay so warm and personal.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family