“Best Boutique Hotel in Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Palm Gallery Hotel

and 1 more site!
Palm Gallery Hotel
Ranked #22 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Provo, Utah
“Best Boutique Hotel in Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to Rome was our wise decision to stay at the Palm Gallery. It is a charming boutique hotel in a wonderful residential neighborhood only 1 block from the bus stop. Upon your arrival you are escorted to a small but welcoming lobby and served refreshments and a drink while they take your bags up to your room. A very nice way to unwind. Everyone there quickly becomes family and does all they can to help you navigate around the city. The room was charming with the stone wall, classic windows with shutters, white glove clean, and a very good bed. There is a cozy reading room on the second floor for an early morning or late night escape with a good book. The arched brick ceiling of the restaurant is in the walkout basement. It oozes with character and personality. The personal attention, service and food presentation was top class.We accidentally left some prints in our room and the honest staff and owner mailed them to us. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for something out of the ordinary that will truly add to a memorable stay in Rome. Heck, I was even telling people at the airport as we were leaving that next time they should stay at the Palm Gallery!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jelsonejay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent three and a half weeks touring southern Europe this summer, and began and ended our adventures in Rome. I booked the Palm Gallery Hotel exclusively from reviews on Trip Advisor because there are just too many hotels in Rome to choose from. Trip Advisor not only did not disappoint with the reviews, but this hotel far exceeded my expectations.

I'll first begin my review with addressing the location. While others have complained about the distance from Rome's city center, I can tell you with 100% certainty (having traveled to Rome a number of times before) that unless you want crowds of tourists, noise and high hotel prices, you do not want to be in the center of Rome. If you're looking for something truly and authentically Italian where you eat with locals at the neighborhood restaurants and shop at the market next to area residents, then this hotel is for you. If you want to be shoved around by tourists, hassled by street vendors selling their trinkets and ripped off with picture menus at restaurants catering to English-speaking Americans, then by all means, stay in the city center. Not once did we feel inconvenienced by the distance between this hotel and the hustle and bustle of the city. In fact, it was a welcome reprieve to be separated from it as it felt almost like a retreat from the chaos.

It took us no more than twenty minutes using the subway when we decided to venture in. This is because Rome's metro stops are few and far between due to the nature of the historical preservation policies and the amount of time it takes them to create metro lines. Were it a city more like London or Rome, you'd probably be in the city in half the amount of time because the distance of the hotel from Rome's center is actually not that far. When we decided to use a cab our fare was around 10 EUR each way. We'd stay in the city all day to sightsee, then come back to our neighborhood for dinner and an evening stroll. I loved it.

Now, onto the best part of this hotel: The staff. Never once have I been met at the gate with my luggage by an attendant who ushered me to the porch to relax with a drink and snacks while they checked me in. Vincenzo immediately greeted us and treated us like we were VIP guests. He took our luggage, brought us drinks and snacks on the porch and encouraged us to rest while he got all of our papers ready and processed our reservation. He took the time to sit with us and go over our location, area restaurants, all transportation options, shops near our hotel and then showed us to our room when we were finished. He was so friendly and always seemed happy to see us whenever we ran into him in the hotel!

We met Luisa the next morning who immediately knew who we were-- she really makes it a priority to know her guests staying at her hotel and for this we are grateful. The breakfast was phenomenal and we loved nothing more than sauntering downstairs after our sleep and being greeted by either Daniel or Vincenzo with a fresh cappuccino. It was heaven!! The breakfasts at this hotel are so wonderful-- fresh cheese and meat from the market, fresh fruits and pastries and fresh juices and bottled water to take with you. The breakfast alone was worth it at this hotel, and it was just an added bonus of staying here.

The rooms were decently sized for Europe's standards, which many people forget or don't know if they have not traveled to Europe before. The furnishings were a mixture of traditional and modern and all rooms have beautiful large windows and shutters to open up for sights and sounds of the neighborhood. We slept comfortably, the rooms were immaculate, the bathrooms were great (no clogged drains or slow water systems) and the only thing I would maybe say is keep families with children on the same floor. The walls are thin (to be expected for a building such as this) and we could hear kids yelling and crying in the hallway next to us for a period of time and they were very loud. They left the next day so it didn't bother us for our trip, but perhaps separating couples from families could be good (if at all possible).

I was so sad when our trip was over because staying at this hotel made me want to move to Rome! I hope that we will be back soon, and I am telling everyone I know who is visiting Rome to stay at the Palm Gallery Hotel during their trip.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mlove17
Erbil, Iraq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

After finding out that a room booked a month and a half in advance at a B&B in Rome, was not actually available (due to booking.com error), we had to find a place to stay in busy Rome,for 4 nights, including NYE. To our luck and surprise, we found Palm Gallery Hotel, in a very nice and quiet area of Rome, not far from metro and bus/tram stations. The staff was extremely helpful for such a last-minute check-in. The hotel is very beautiful and chic, the staff is amazing and the overall atmosphere is relaxed. I felt extremely pampered when the staff did their best to accommodate my gluten intolerance - gluten free pancakes for breakfast and even for a late evening snak and gluten free beer as a welcome drink. This place is a clear celiac/ gluten free friendly hotel.
The room was spacious, warm, clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was clean and equipped with high-end toiletries. There are also several places whre you can relax - my personal fav, was a lovely porch.
Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My sister booked Palm Gallery because it looked and sounded so good on TripAdvisor. Our experience was even better than we could have imagined.

We booked for five nights and arrived very late, after 11pm. The owner, Luisa, arranged for us to be picked up at the airport. Heaven, after having been traveling for 17 hours, and worth every penny. We were treated like we were family upon arrival, even though it was midnight. We had a nice corner room on the main floor with two big windows, a window seat, couch area, desk. Not huge, but really an okay size for 2. What I learned my first night is windows tend to not have screens. I, unfortunately, could not sleep with the windows open because after about an hour I had 12 mosquito bites. Thankfully they had air conditioning that worked really well, and even better bug spray. WiFi in our room was sketchy, but it worked perfectly in the lobby and patio area, so we used it there quite often. The bathroom was small but nicely decorated and appointed, and the shower worked well.

Breakfast was very nice. Lots of juices, fruit, breads, cheeses, meats, plus they did eggs/omelets if you wanted, which we did. We had a very early morning tour one day, and Tony even arranged an early breakfast for us and came in to set it up for us. Service above and beyond, and truly appreciated.

The grounds of the hotel are quite beautiful, and the patio area was welcoming and comfortable. We had snacks and beverages late afternoon a couple of times, and it was so nice to feel part of Roman life in this quaint residential area. The hotel is out of the fray of central Rome, which we actually really appreciated because it was quiet, but if you wanted a taxi they would phone for one and it would arrive within 5 minutes. And several bus lines are close enough to walk to and easy to find.

Luisa and staff (Daniel, Tony, Vincenzo) were simply top notch! We felt so welcomed and so cared for throughout the entire stay. Whatever we needed, they provided. It was our first time in Rome, and they spent a lot of time with us explaining how to get around and what to see and do. We were going to Cinque Terre from Rome and had not booked our train tickets. Vincenzo spent what had to have been an hour or more with us online helping us book our tickets on a less than user friendly TranItalia website. I swear, without him, we would have ended up in Bucharest. Daniel sent us to incredible restaurants and gave us impeccable walking directions. He also helped me find an electronics store to buy a USB cable for my tablet after finding out I had packed the wrong one. And I'm not sure, but I think Tony's job title is "I do everything," because we saw him cooking, serving, working at reception, and construction on a new room for the hotel. And he offered to give us a ride to the train station when we left because there was a bus strike and taxi's were swamped and he wanted to make sure we wouldn't miss our train. Really, I cannot stress enough how wonderful it was working with Luisa and her staff. Simply perfection. My sister and I are forever grateful.

I don't know when the next time is I'll be in Rome, but I wouldn't hesitate to book another stay at Palm Gallery. Really an amazing experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Erin D
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were back in Rome for my wife's birthday. On arrival we were given a drink and welcomed like family. The rooms are very comfortable, the staff superb, breakfast was ok but not what I was expecting based on the reviews. The location was good and the area pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter H
GOOROOLBA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was in Rome for the first time in a business trip and someone told me about this nice boutique hotel. I stayed here and I was not disappointed. I stayed in a panoramico room, it was a great room, nicely decorated, with style and taste. The staff is amazing, the hotel is very clean and well maintained! Recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joseph M
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We arrived early (9am) on a Saturday morning and we were most pleasantly greeted by Marius. As SPG Gold members he explained that we were eligible for an upgrade and that we could get a room immediately, but if we didn't mind waiting until noon, he had a very nice suite with balcony. We did not mind waiting so he

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends