“Excellent location; very friendly staff”

Amor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #176 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This B&B is very close to the metro and the Vatican. It is really clean, comfortable, safe and the staff were amazing, going out of their way to ensure we got everything we asked for.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 February 2012

B&B Amor is an excellent choice to stay in Rome. Its just 300 meters from Vatican. The Ottaviano Metro station is 30 meters. Who likes walking can take via Giulio Cesare ahead and fastly gets in Piazza del Popolo. The staffs are very nice. George is great guy who helped to make our stay there the best. Michelle helped us with museums bookings and she was amazing too. The rooms are very beautiful, cleans and safe. The neighborhood is very peaceful too. As soon as possible I will return to Rome to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I spent a month looking for the best place to stay in Rome. My primary concern was the cleanliness and ofcourse the budget since you will spend most of your time outside. I didn't regret anything about Amor, infact I loved it especially when I found out that it is managed by Filipinos. No wonder it was very very clean. Thanks Michelle although I wasn't able to meet you, to George who was very helpful to my husband's inquiries and to their hard-working son!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Amor B & B. I booked it because of the price and the stylish rooms, and I was definitely not disappointed.

My room was Claudia, and it was really neat! Check out the photos I took of my room. My room overlooked the busy street below, and I could not hear a thing! When I opened my window to look outside, I was shocked at how loud it was after I opened the window. It was so quiet when the window was shut- I slept like a baby.

A few great things about this B & B are the location, breakfast and the owners, The doorstep is maybe 20 steps from the Ottaviano metro stop and maybe a 5-10 minute walk depending on how slow you walk- from the Vatican. The breakfast is also great. It consisted of a sweet croissant, 2 pieces of toast, yogurt, fruit, cheese, meat, a selection of jam, honey, nutella and butter as well as coffee to order, a bottle of water for the day and a cup of fresh squeezed juice.

Michelle and George were also great, giving suggestions for places to go and eat. They were so helpful. Will stay here again if I return to Rome.

Room Tip: Claudia is really pretty, but is close to the entrance and kitchen. It may bother some, but I never...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this B&B. Firstly, Michelle organised airport transfers for us, which was a blessing after a long flight from Australia. Although we had organised many of the activities prior to our trip, Michelle helped us fine-tune our itinerary and offered further assistance in terms of reservations, transportation, etc. The location of this property is perfect for exploring the main attractions of the city via the nearby Ottaviano subway station, although many of these can be reached by foot. Also, the B&B is located adjoining the Vatican. George was very kind to take breakfast every morning to our room, and the breakfast was huge! The rooms are clean and of adequate size for our needs. Overall, we would certainly recommend this B&B, which is of excellent value in Rome.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leo_R554
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We have really enjoyed our stay in this B&B. It has a very strategic position if you intend to visit Rome in a short period of time, since you can walk to most of the main sites. The rooms are very clean. George and Michelle are very kind and helpful. The breakfast is great and served at the time we want in our room. We miss George knocking at the door to bring our breakfast… We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meryem M
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Firstly, I have to say that the location of Amor is perfect - moments away from Ottiaviano metro station and a short walk from the Vatican. The rooms were immaculately clean and were a good size. The bathrooms were also a decent size - and the shower was huge. Breakfast served to us by George was delcious, and was included in the price of our room. George and Michelle were potentially the most polite and helpful hotel staff I have ever come accross - from the moment I booked the room until the moment that we left the hotel.
As soon as I booked Amor on lastminute.com, I received an email from Michelle at Amor, thanking me for my booking, and asking if I required any further asistance. Seeing as this was my first trip to Rome, I asked her to help me to book airport transfers, and if there were any restaurants she could recommend for us to visit to celebrate a friends birthday. She replied to me quickly with a choice of restaurants to choose from, and with an agreed price for the airport transfers, which we then booked. On arrival at the restaurant she recommended, we were given a private dining room, as she had asked the restaurant staff to look after us as we were celebrating a birthday. On my next visit to Rome I will be staying at Amor, and will be visiting the restaurant suggested by Michelle. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone staying in Rome - It was perfect, as we were the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left hand side have a view of the main road Via Guilio Cesare as opposed to rooms on th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends