Highly recommended: fantastic friendly and helpful service, relatively inexpensive option in Rome, and convenient location.
- Very close to Ottaviano metro (linea A) station, it was about 6 stops from Rome Termini (where the airport train comes in and where you would most likely get the train from if you are travelling intercity). You can also change metro lines at Termini if you want to catch the metro to the Colosseum and Roman Forum. The one ticket will work till your end destination, just don't get out of the station.
- The B&B is located within a 5 story terrace on a main road with plenty of restaurants (both casual pizza take away joints to high brow dining) around the area. There's also lots of shops (clothes and shoes mainly) in the area. It's more of a 'modern' cosmopolitan area rather than the traditional old cobblestone streets. Although located on the main road, the soundproofing is amazing.
- About 15 min walk to the Vatican. Follow the signs (and the tourists), you can't miss it.
- Fantastic service! Michelle spoke excellent English and always had a smile. She gave us some guidance on where to eat, what to see, and can also book tickets to various events for you.
- Funky rooms with cool modern decor. I'm not a fan of "traditional" rooms so i appreciate a new renovated room. The rooms were minimalist in design but still functional and comfortable.
- There's a lift which you'll probably need going up 5 floors with all your luggage.
- Breakfast was served in the room at the time you specify. It's the usual continental style - cakes, toast, ham, cheese, yoghurt, coffee, tea etc...
- The beds were pretty hard but i think it's an italian thing, most places we stayed at had hard beds.
- Bathroom is beautiful but small and hot water took quite a while to heat up.
I would definitely stay in Prati if we went back to Rome. It's much cheaper and less over run with tourists but still has the convenience of being able to walk or catch the metro to the major tourist sites, plus have plenty of eating options around the area. It's also easy to get to Trastervere, and Campo dei firori. You can either get a bus or go for a nice stroll along the river for about 30 mins.
Re Amor B&B: definitely recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amor accomodates you in spacious and modern rooms with sky cable, free wifi connection, free minibar and a delicious breakfast served in your room on your preferable time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amor Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amor Bed & Breakfast Rome Hotel Rome
- Amor Bed And Breakfast Rome