“I wish there was 6 stars!”
Review of Villa Urbani

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Villa Urbani
Ranked #491 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here. We occupied the gold room and the single room. The gold room looks out to the front/side of the villa, a beautiful aspect from the bed and good for watching the world go by. Yes, it can be noisy with the sound of cars and bikes accelerating up the hill and the tall buildings bounce the sound into the room, but really, close the windows at night, turn the air con on and sleep well. The hostess, Laura, is friendly and gracious. She even introduced me to her cat when I expressed that I missed my cat and children (sorry for the tears, Laura). The guard dog added a layer of security, knowing when someone entered the property that he didn't know- he didn't bark otherwise.

A word on the location. It is on a hill above Trastevere, so be ready for either a long circuitous walk down to the town centre, or a quick trip down lots of stairs- that you have to walk back up again. Good for the legs and butt! The 75 bus is a stones throw from the villa and takes you straight to the Colloseum and Forum, and also Termini. And it saves a walk up the road/stairs!

I will be telling my friends about Villa Urbani, we will be back, one day..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed two nights in the Gold Room. The house itself is clean and elegant, and the host is very nice and accommodating. The location is great - just a short 15 minute walk into Trastevere. Our room was on the corner of the house facing two streets. Although it is a residential neighborhood, the very loud sounds of traffic gunning up the hill in front of the house did not make for a nice environment at any time of the day, and made sleep difficult. I expect the back rooms are quieter, so if noise is an issue for you, try to book one of those. There is also a loud, vicious-looking dog which stands at the back garden gate barking when you pass by. Also, some hooks in the bathroom to hang damp towels would be useful.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back of the hotel to avoid loud traffic noise.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeeCee66
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Villa Urbani while in Rome for my sisters wedding. Our stay was wonderful, the rooms are spacious and clean and the host Laura is very accommodating and made good recommendations for local restaurants. My sister also had pictures taken at the villa as she got ready for the wedding as the decor and sweeping staircase made for some beautiful shots. We would definitely return!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank foody_manc
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had a relaxing stay at Villa Urbani, it's a superb location in the Trastevere, and only a few minutes walk to the wonderful views from the Gianicolo. I walked to all of the major Roman sites from the villa, but there is also a bus line just down the street that will take you to Teatro Marcello or Piazza Venezia. I was travelling alone, so stayed in the single room most nights, it was very comfortable if you're on your own. I also spent a night in a double room which was very spacious and clean. Laura is a terrific host and the cat and dogs are lovely. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa Urbani at the beginning of January this year and we had a brilliant stay. Our room was clean, spacious and had a lovely view out onto the quiet street. It was a very pleasant trot down the hill into the gorgeous town of Trastevere. Laura was very accommodating and offered lots of tips for us on local places to eat and places to see. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Blair W
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Great little B&B on the hills of Trastevere near the Giancolo. My wife and I live in Italy and we come to Rome at least once a year because we love Rome. We stayed all over the place but we prefer the vibe of Trastevere. It feels like the real Rome and is near the center with great food and stores.

So, after searching I found Villa Urbani on a little website showing cool, interesting places to stay that are well priced. I must say, I wasn't disappointed. It feels like you're staying at someone's private villa in Rome. It's really well decorated with a modern/classic decor which fits the vibe of the hotel. It's also clean, quiet an spacious.

Breakfast is delicious and more than enough for us. We like it simple, a croissant and a cappuccino so it was perfect for me but they have other stuff like fruit and yogurt. They also had a Nespresso machine which is a huge bonus for me since we have one and we know the flavors.

Finally, there is Laura, the owner. She's great with excellent recommendations and a passion for music. She speaks Italian, English and French so you can communicate easily.

My suggestion, stay here if you want a cool experience for a great price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tftjr
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My mother, sister and I stayed for 3 nights at Villa Urbani leading up to Christmas day. Laura and her staff were very accommodating, friendly and helpful. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and clean, with towering ceilings. I would absolutely stay here again. Also, the car service recommended by Laura was very professional, timely and a 20% or so savings on local rates from the airport to the hotel.

One piece of advice that I would like to share would be that most guests will likely want to taxi to the Villa, as it is a considerable climb up the hill from the main part of the Trastevere neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family