“Compassionate management make the difference”
Review of Relais Maddalena

Relais Maddalena
Ranked #79 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Everything you've read or heard about the Relais Maddalena is true. Yes, the location is excellent. Yes, the rooms are large and immaculately kept. Yes, the breakfast is substantial and varied. Yes to everything else, as well. Where the Relais Maddalena truly excels in is the one area that many properties ignore. THEY CARE ABOUT YOU. Francesco and his attentive staff enjoy going the extra mile to make sure that you have as fine a time in Rome as you possibly can. Francesco is happy..eager, even, to assist in whatever way he is able to, and with his vast knowledge of his city he is an impressive reservoir of information. The personal touch at the Relais Maddalena made all the difference to my wife and me, and our friends from England who met us there. Do not miss this gem in the Centro Storico.

Room Tip: Finest bed I've ever slept in in Europe
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank biff000

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I and our two good friends have just returned from a wonderful 3 day break. We absolutely loved Rome and we were so pleased We chose to stay in The Relais Maddelena, a small intimate hotel situated in a lovely atmospheric part of Rome right in the centre of everything.
We had a lovely room overlooking the piazza. The room was spacious and well designed with everything we could want for and more. It was beautifully clean and was a real pleasure to return to after a full day out.
We enjoyed the breakfast. The fruit was delicious, so ripe and sweet and the prosciutto and cheese were lovely.
Relais Maddelena is in such a perfect location. We walked everywhere! No need to use transport for any of the sights.
We had a delicious lunch at a restaurant near Campo Di Fiori called 'Cul de Sac' which We would highly recommend and 'Gusto' with a more contemporary feel for a lovely evening meal. Need to book as they are both busy!
Thanks to all the staff at Relais Maddelena for a wonderful few days. Would have liked to have stayed longer! Hope we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy868
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Our family of 4 stayed in 2 rooms for 4 days in March at Relais Maddalena and everyone was pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is located just a short walk from the Pantheon, in a charming piazza and close to many good restaurants. The rooms were good size and clean. We didn't need the air conditioner or furnace (March) so no comment there but everything else was first class. If we should find our way back to Rome, we would hope to stay Relais Maddalena again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are on the 2nd level up from the ground floor. We did not have any problem with...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellie S
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We spent 3 nights at this boutique hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. They gave us some wine to celebrate our honeymoon to start with, not to mention the free items in the mini-bar. They were very helpful with directions and recommendations as well. The Piazza that it is located on is frequented by many people, but not too big. We heard music at times and people dining beneath our window. Such a great sound when reading or getting ready for the evening. We had a very private room (on the second story), and when the window shut, it was dead quiet. The breakfast was great, as they provided lots of food, such as meats, breads, and pastries. The distance to things was like no other, right in the middle of everything. I was hesitant to walk everywhere as I thought it would be too much, but the location could not have been more perfect. All in all, a wonderful place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends who want to have a wonderful stay in Rome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My family and I just spent a week in Rome staying at Relais Maddalena. While we have been to Italy before, this was our first trip to Rome. We had high expectations of Relais Maddalena from the reviews we read and our communication with Francesco before we left the States. Once we arrived, the quality of the rooms, the location (the Pantheon is literally steps away) and the friendliness of the staff exceeded our expectations. We are already looking forward to our next visit. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to experience the best in Rome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave46439
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel would be impossible to find if you didn't know it was there, but it is in possibly the best location of any hotel in Rome. Unlike most 'central' hotels this one is next to the Pantheon - what I consider the real centre. You can walk anywhere from here. The hosts were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Great breakfasts too - and the complimentary prosecco in the minibar every day was wonderful! I got the best rate by booking direct with them through their website. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My girlfriend and I recently visited Rome and found this place on trip advisor, it didn't disappoint, its located in the square next to the Pantheon with the enterance opposite the most beautiful church. There are only six rooms of which we had the cheapest, it comprised of a large comfy bed, complimentary mini bar which was re-filled and a lovely walk in waterfall shower. The court yard view was just that, a functional court yard hence the stain glass windows. I chanced a glance of one of the main bedrooms and this was right over the square and the church, amazing! Being a family run business the lady of the house was very freindly and helpful giving us a map and tips on where to visit for food and where the italian locals eat rather than the tourist traps. At the end of our two night stay they kept our cases in their family run ice cream parlour on the square so we could enjoy the sights and come back for them, this cost 320 euros which I can tell you after being to Rome before was a bargain. I will be suggesting this place to my mum and partner too, money well spent.

Room Tip: From the rooms I saw all were well decorated, it depends on the budget, we had the cheapest and it w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple