“cozy, trendy and clean”

Ranked #180 of 3,758 Rome B&B and Inns
Madrid
“cozy, trendy and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

It was getting quite challenging to find a decent hotel for a reasonable price in Rome (we were looking for something under 50€) until we found a special offer in Hip Suites. We extended our stay and we payed a higher price for the last night, so it came out of our budget + there is a 2€ city tax per person for each day, but it was worth it.
The staff was very polite and helpful, the room was spacious and well-maintained with everything you need (safe, fridge, kettle, toiletries, towels...), perfectly clean, wi-fi and even a laptop in the room!
We got an exterior room which might be noisy on weekends, and there was a continuous buzzing during two nights, which luckily stopped on the last night..
The neighbourhood is very nice, especially if you're young.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

The hotel is small but very chic, located in Trastevere, Rome. If you are young and like nightlife, this is the hotel for you. I am pretty picky about my hotels, and I have no complaints with Hip Suites. The person who manages the boutique hotel, Tomasso, is very open, honest, friendly and very accommodating. He was able to give us great recommendations on where to eat and drink, places to avoid, and places where locals frequent. The wife and I were able to walk to all the sites from the hotel, the colosseum, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and the Spanish Steps. The hotel itself is nestled in the heart of Trastevere, Rome surrounded by pubs, bars, and great places to eat with an active nightlife. I have recommended this hotel to many friends without disappointment. I can't imagine visiting Rome and staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: all the rooms have everything you need and the A/C is FANTASTIC!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Best location - checked. Extremely helpful staff - checked. Pretty much all the other good things you want from your stay - checked. Oh, and did I mention extremely helpful staff already...what a great guy Tomaso is - checked! The thing is, while Hip Suites is the best place to stay in Rome (especially if you are young and hip) beyond any shadow of doubt, I do NOT want you ALL to go there...because they have only six (unique) rooms and I want one of them to be available for me when I go next time lol (preferably the one with round bed). -Taika

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
St. Gallen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Salve Tomasso!!! Mille Grazie per tutti!!! It was a lot of fun to stay in the HipSuites. The hotel is located in a beautiful area with a lot of small restaurants. The rooms were really cousy and clean. It´s a really good place to visit the wonderful, historical places in rome.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here for a total of 5 nights, in 2 different rooms. Location in Rome was great, we had been a few years before and thought Trastevere would be a good place to stay. This place was pretty much right on the square which was a great place to hang out in the evenings. Lots of great restaurants around and most of the important sights were within walking distance. The rooms were very nice and clean, and staff very accommodating. We were traveling with an infant and they were also very helpful by providing a cot for him to sleep in . The rooms also had a fridge which was great for travel with a baby. They were also very helpful with arranging reasonably priced transfers for us. Would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room that I stayed in was great. The only draw back was the triangular shaped shower which proved to be awkward when managing to take a shower. Other than that every thing else was exceptional. The owners, Vanessa and Luca are very nice, professional and provide great information. You receive breakfast meal tickets to two cafes located minutes from the hotel. So far I have been to Cafe Baylon which is located on V.S. Francesco a Ripa. The customer service there is poor and the barrista was extremely rude to me when I ordered for myself and my mother. I initially asked what was included with the breakfast ticket in Italian. She answered in English and appeared to be put off by my question. She proceeded to ask me several questions in Italian which I did not understand since I am not fluent in the language. I responded that I did not understand in Italian. Then she rudely spoke extremely slowly and loudly which was quite embarrassing for me since she spoke to me this way in front of other patrons.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank krf1118
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

First, make sure you have the address of the Hip Suites to give to your taxi driver, for there are no signs on the building, and it's tucked away in a quiet residential neighborhood. Once that's out of the way and you arrive, you will feel like a local resident. The rooms are comfortable, well maintained, and clean. The staff is extremely helpful and efficient. The location is 1.2 miles from the Vatican, 1.4 miles from the Coloseum, and around the corner from the Hip Suites are several great restaurants with unrivaled wine lists. A great place to stay in Roma.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple