“beautiful Rome, beautiful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B San Peter Area

B&B San Peter Area
Ranked #398 of 3,735 Rome B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“beautiful Rome, beautiful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I really enjoyed to stay in Alle Fornaci. The room is perfect, breakfast is good (than other hotels, not just Italian breakfast, has also cheese, juice, butter etc.) Room was so clean and comfortable. Marius is so helpful. Location is good choose for us. We walked everyplace by walking (Vatican, Colosseum, Navona, Spagna, Popolo...)

I recommend this bed&breakfast to everyone.

Thank you again for everything.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KankaMelo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Finnish first
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We were very pleased with the B&B. Marius welcomed us with breakfast before we even checked in. When we had to extend our stay because of a medical emergency, he worked it all out for us. The B & B is in an excellent location, especially if you are interested in visiting the Vatican. Our room and the apartment were very clean, spacious and comfortable. Thanks Marius for making our time in Rome perfect.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Della B
Samara, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I stayed in this B&B in February 2011 for 10 days. We booked it in advance via e-mail. The owner - Marius - is really nice and helpful in any situations host who speaks good English. We ordered limuzine service from and to the airport from him and never regreted about it. On the way back I left my back with ALL the documents (including passports) on the back seat of the car. I founded it out only near the registration desk at the airport. I immediately called Marius and he contacted the limo service owner and then the driver. In 20 minutes of nervous waiting I got my bag back!
As for the B&B itself - the rooms are really nice and got cleaned every day. The weather in February was perfect (I guess we just got pretty lucky) with sunny and warm days around 12-15 C and only couple of rainy days. But the nights were pretty cold. So the air-conditioner was not working for heat for some reason and there was only one heater provided to us from Marius. It was pretty small so at nights we were sleeping under several blankets, in socks and sometimes even clothes. We had a room with windows to Via delle Fornaci with a side view to San Pietro. The bathroom in clean with a small shower. During our stay there was some problem with hot water closer to midnight. B&B is just perfectly situated with just 2-3 minute walk to Vatican and a bus stop just outside the front door of the building. The breakfast were pretty nice.
Hopefully, I didn't make bad impression with my review. I mentioned some disadvantages but overall this was a really nice vacation in good B&B. I would certainly go there again and can recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

This B&B was perfect for my friends and I ( 5 of us) .The room was very clean,breakfast was excellent,I like the coffee and red orange juice. Saint Peter's Basilica is just around the corner and bus 64 stops in front of the hotel.Bus 64 stops on most of the beautiful sites in Rome.And the owner Marius was very helpful and friendly.He even arranged our transportation from the airport to the hotel and again when we left. Thanks Marius.

Room Tip: Just email Marius and ask his recommendation.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We travelled from Toronto to Rome June 18-20th. I found this B&B on Tripadvisor and found the reviews to be great. Well this place definitely lives up to its reviews!
Marius (the owner) arranged our transportation from the airport (approx 50 euro). He then brought us to the our room which was immaculate. Very modern bathroom. Nice large balcony with view of the Vatican. Marius then gave us a map of Rome and marked all the tourist points on it for us.
He arrived at the B&B early every morning to provide breakfast in the kitchen and answered any questions we had.
This place is in a nice area near the Vatican. Lots of cafes/restaurants along the street and the locals there are so friendly.
We would definitely stay here again.
Thank you very much for your hospitality Marius!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Upper Bavaria, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

The rooms at this B&B are very spacious, clean and relatively new. The kitchen is complete and ideal for those who may want to prepare food themselves. This was perfect for us as we did not know any good restaurants in town and were unable to be out so late because of the children. Location is perfect for those who want to see the St. Peters and is some meters away from the nearest Metro. Access to tourist bus stations is also a walking distance away, as well as a small market for fresh fruits and vegetables. Marius was a big help, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, generous and more than the standard continental stuff one gets at nearby tourist hotels. This is one place we are sure to return to and have readily recommended to friends. THank you for a pleasant stay in Rome Marius.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank acmunich
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

I had been traveling around a bit by the time I got to this B&B and I was already getting pretty tired of outdated rooms and uncomfortable beds. Then, my prayers were answered. I booked a room here based on the recommendation of a friend and I could not have been happier with that decision.

First off, everything was clean. I had no qualms about being barefoot or putting blankets or sheets to my face (which unfortunately is rare in most hotels). Then, the decor is tasteful and modern. I hate staying in an outdated room which just feels depressing. The complimentary breakfast is actually very filling and worth getting up early for. Also, the owner makes a fantastic cappuccino. I may or may not have had several with breakfast. Don't judge me.

The location is perfect! It's less than a 5 minute stroll to the Vatican and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants around. It's also within walking distance to Trastevere and the main sights of Rome.

Other awesome things: there is an elevator. YES! Those of you with uncooperative luggage, rejoice! Also, the owner, Marius, is very friendly and helpful.

Basically, next time I come back to Rome, I'm staying here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple