“Beautiful experience”
Review of Casa Coppelle

Casa Coppelle
Reserve with
Casa Coppelle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #868 of 13,062 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$50 - US$87
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Situated in a small street next to piazza coppelle,this restaurant serves a delicant mixture of italian and french cuisine. Small but delicious dishes, great choice of wines, excellent quality of food. perfect for a romantic dinner. Avoid it if you starve and you want a big meal. Loved the millefueille of vegetables and the paris-style-something dessert. A special an not very expensive place to enjoy food

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our best evening in Rome. The restaurant is very close to the Pantheon. The ambience was just magical - the brick walls, the book shelves, the lamps, the candles, the music – it was really romantic. Service was super friendly and food was excellent. We had ravioli, stuffed aubergine, the veal ossobuco (the meat was so tender), risotto and some deserts – everything was outstanding. Pricing was also very decent as well.

1  Thank Konstantin I
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have lived in Rome for 7 years. I was in this restaurant last night with a friend whom I had lived with and studied with for the past seven years as a final meal in Rome before we headed home. We had never been here before and it was recommended to us. The first thing to note is that service is slow. We waited a good 15-20 minutes for our order to be taken, at which point we dared to order wine as well. We were told that another waiter had given his life to the study of wine', and so he would take our wine order. He eventually came and then brought us the same bottle we had intended to order, without any specialist advise as to whether that would be suitable. The pretension reeked. The 'sommelier' returned at several points during our pasta course to top us up. I chose as a primo the spaghetti with shrimp, lime and baby tomatoes. Whilst there certainly was a lot of shrimp, it just tasted weird. My friend's fettuccine seemed better, however. We soon ran out of wine due to the 'sommelier''s enthusiasm to top us up, and so before the secondi arrived we ordered another. It did not arrive until after my friend had finished his steak. As a secondo I had ordered the fillet of beef with olive sauce, rare. Whilst the olive sauce was quite tasty, the fillet was far from rare - it was, in fact approaching well done. Having waited around two hours for the secondo to arrive, I didn't complain, not knowing how long it would take for the new fillet to arrive. My friend had the tagliata di manzo which he seemed to enjoy. Having so much wine still left, we felt compelled to stay for a desert. We both had the tart tatin, which, I must admit, was delicious. In compensation for the late arrival of the wine our waiter offered us free digestivi. We duly took him up on the offer, but when little, family-owned trattorie do this routinely, it's hardly to be considered a great gesture of compensation. The bill arrived and came to €174. Had I gone to the local trattoria across the road from where I live, I could have gotten the same dishes, prepared better, for around a third of the price. All in all, a disappointing end to my time in Rome. I would advise that his place be avoided at all costs - go round the corner to La Tavernetta instead.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Classy quality place recommended by Marco at Deko. Complimentary Prosecco on arrival which was a nice touch. We shared a sea bass and salmon carpaccio starter then I had Saltimbocca alla Romana (first good one in ages) and my partner had fillet steak. Good ingredients and well prepared. Not cheap but would definitely go again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

2 minutes from our apartment, we found our favourite restaurant in Rome. Good service, excellent food and a very nice interior. We dined there twice and the last night we got a table in a smaller room in the back, which was a bit less atmospheric compared to the other rooms.