“A Lovely Hotel in a convenient location”

Hotel Metropolis - Chateaux & Hotels Collection
Ranked #227 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Rome, Italy
“A Lovely Hotel in a convenient location”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Finding a room in rome was proving a problem as very busy no availiablity or very expensive, so found Metropolis on website a little way from centre around 30-40 mins walk or around the corner a metro station to take you in to town the walking was a good chance to see everything same side of the river as the Vatican so approx 15 walk to the museum, the hotel is set on the corner of two two avenues so quite easy to find we took the metro from the main rail terminus and four stops later came out to a 5 min walk to hotel a quick checkin and we went to our room I booked a suite which had a jacuzzi bath in the room lovely and spacious bed was very comfortable all very clean and the maids were always friendly in the morning, breakfast was more than enough for both of us and the staff were vere helpful with any additional requests, my only complaint would be the early morning noise form the traffic outside they start early so being on the corner it could be heard but other than that a lovely little find more than happy to stay there again

Room Tip: we stayed on the third floor building corner not sure on the other side but may be quieter from road...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband booked this hotel for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and it lived up to all expectations. On arrival were greeted by a friendly receptionist who explained where we could find the bar and restaurant and breakfast for the following morning, our room was also upgraded to a suite. The receptionist at the hotel booked a tour of the Vatican for us for the following morning, well worth the money as we were able to skip the really long queues on a Saturday morning. Our suite was lovely and spacious and the Jacuzzi soothed my really sore feet.

Our bus in from Rome Fumicino airport, even stopped in Piazza Cavour near the Vatican.

The location is great, away from the hustle and bustle but close enough for most places to be short walk; the Vatican and St Peter's and the Piazza del Popolo a 10 - 15 minute walk away. The Lepanto subway station was only a short walk way, very useful when you feet are really sore after a full day sightseeing around Rome.

The only downside was the free WIFI didn't work in our suite despite the receptionist telling me it would; I could only access the WIFI in the lounge/bar/restaurant area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My stay at the Hotel Metropolis was very enjoyable. I was in Rome on business. The HM was in a great location, I could commute to where I was working with the Lepanto subway station outside the hotel, which was very convenient. As a frequent traveler, I found the ammenities of the HM top-notch. My room at the HM had good looking, modern decorations, was spacious and very comfortable. After a long day of work, I enjoyed coming back to a more comfortable sofa than the one I have at home! Most nights I would go out for dinner with coworkers, but I also did try the HM’s restaurant, which was delicious and very convenient. The location of the HM was great for sightseeing. I walked by the Vatican with friends one night. Other travelers I talked to said the old town and the Courthouse were nearby as well. After a fun night out, I always went back to my room to relax in the jacuzzi/bathtub. The breakfast buffet was also much better than what most restaurants serve. Overall my experience at the HM was outstanding, hope I get sent back for work soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank John L
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Great location in the Prati neighborhood--loved having so many restaurants and stores nearby. Also a plus to be so close to the Vatican & St. Peter's. I liked staying out of all of the tourist craziness. Our suite was very modern, clean, and relaxing. The room wasn't huge, but it was a good size--especially compared to other hotels I've stayed in in Italy. The in-room Jacuzzi was really cool--perfect for soaking my tired body after lots of walking around the city. The staff was very accommodating and gave us some recommendations of what time to go to things, what restaurants to check out, etc. I really liked Hotel Metropolis and would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The suites all have Jacuzzis right in the room--you're going to need it if you plan on doing a l...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gailstephens62
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Hotel was overbooked! We were moved three time in three days! Thus lost a whole day of sight seeing in Rome including a private viewing of the Vatican gardens. The staff did not make any concessions. We booked and paid for the hotel in March but when we arrived they had overbooked and had no rooms. They blamed our booking agent! This was not true! We had to accept their arrangements as it was a holiday weekend and we were a mom and daughter traveling together. We also were meeting a friend who booked the hotel after us and had a room. In the end we were separated at two different hotels. When on the last day we asked for a room to freshen up in before our flight which was late on Monday night we were told it was possible but at an extra charge if 60 euro. How is that for service? The Metropolis Hotel is in serious need of staff training and new management? This hotel has no idea how to deal with paying customers! I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Do not expect any service!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elaine C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

arrived at the hotel they said they had no more rooms (send me an email before evidently looked ugly!) said they had a room in the maintenance, we asked to see it but they would not
The staff did not seem particularly friendly. we have not even paid the taxy. horrible.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple