“Worst meal in Rome”

Ranked #6,966 of 12,443 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Description: Delicious gluten-free pasta, pizza, bruchetta and more.
Savoy, Illinois
“Worst meal in Rome”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Both the gluten free and normal food here were horrible. We got gluten free fried zucchini for an appetizer and my husband found a piece of fish and bones inside it. My husband had lasagna and said he could get better lasagna at Olive Garden. I had a pizza and it wasn't very good either. We asked for red and white wine and only got red. Very poor experience.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Shannon4343

• Polish first
Honeymooners
“Best Gluten Free in Rome!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This restaurant we visited three times and it was very lovely for my wife who doesn't eat Gluten anymore but loves Roman food. We'd been to other non gluten ones around the city but this definitely was a winner. We'd recommend it to any celiac wanting good pizza, pasta or whatever Roman dish they are after - including the suppli and other fried bits for starters!

• Visited September 2013
“Il Tulipano Nero, gluten free delight”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Best restaurant experience in Rome! Ate here four nights out of seven on our honeymoon. Wide variety of gluten free dishes. All we ate were delicious. Pizza perfect and pasta tasty as well as excellent breads. Good quality. Great value for money. Fab and attentive service. Will return!

• Visited August 2013
Chantilly, Virginia
“II Tulipano Nero”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

II Tulipano Nero, Rome. This sidewalk ristorante located in the Trastevere section of Rome was a non pretentious island in a sea of eating establishments. Sure there may have been better places but I think too you could do a lot worse. What I can say that this was always an enjoyable meal (went 3 times) that over 4 courses, water and wine, was still relatively inexpensive. Had fun with staff despite language barriers and did observe a local family dining there too (for what that matters).

• Visited June 2013
“I was vomiting within 3 hours.”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We ate an early dinner here- being Coeliac for 5 years and having researched gluten free food in Rome I was keen to try it. It was empty other than a table of 3 people. I had brushetta- which was definitely gluten free because my partner had the same but 'normal', we could see the difference. I ordered lasagne for my main, but noted that the waiter did not write anything other than lasagne, so I said for a second time that it was gluten free lasagne. The food all came out together within about 5 minutes- never a good thing. The lasagne was not nice at all- and my fears were realised as 3 hours after the lasagne I was projectile vomiting. I would stay away from this place, to flaunt yourself as gluten free and then get it so terribly wrong is shameful. I am writing this in my hotel room on a beautiful Roma night because I am too ill to go out and enjoy my holiday.

• Visited July 2013