“amazing fish food and nice hospitality!”
Review of Ristorante il Golfo - CLOSED

Ristorante il Golfo
Price range: US$35 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Description: Gianluca Godente is a roman chef with a passion for mediterranean cuisine. The offerings of his restaurant "the Gulf" (english) consist almost entirely of fresh seafood, and are accompanied by a fine selection of wines and a professional, attentive service.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was with some friends who regularly attend this charming restaurant.
family atmosphere and excellent food fish.
good price

recommended

1  Thank Richard015

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We went on a slow night, only us and three or four other tables. I can't believe they are not packed at all hours. The offerings are fresh and imaginative, with little surprises at every turn. From appetizer to dessert, we felt like regulars, thanks to the warm and attentive service. We will make this a regular stop in Rome, and it's worth getting off the tourist path.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed nearby for three nights eating at different local restaurant each night. This restaurant was the least rated of the three but in my opinion, better by far than the others.

The food was very good & we had an excellent waitress with very good English.

And the real bonus was that it was almost half the cost of the others without diminishing the quality.

If you are staying nearby, I strongly suggest a visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

we liked it so much we went back for a second time. great value for money. friendly staff and much attention paid to detail. try the red house wine. for 11 euros you get an excellent local wine which goes wonderfully well with meat and cheeses. we decided not to order the same food as the evening before, although we really liked that and didn't mind to eat the same for a second time, but the second meal was just as good as the first one.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Rather dissapointed !! The place is very nice and clean and staff friendly and helpfull. however I can only speak for the food served to my wife and I. My wife had a pasta dish which was very stodgy and salty!!. My starter of anchovies was fine but the next course of prawn and baby squid was awfull. It was all rather dry and had been coated in seasoning which made it saltier than the sea it had been fished from. I could not finish the dish despite my best efforts. It really was just too much. However the desert was very nice. The management did not really have an explanation for the seasoning but I would like to believe it was just my bad luck on the night.

1  Thank TimCowen