“Good Location”

Ranked #3,327 of 3,755 Rome B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Everything in the city is within walking distance which was awesome since figuring out the public transportation can sometimes be tricky. The room was spotlessly clean, as was the private bathroom. AC is also included (an amenity that we take for granted in the US!). WIFI is also free if you bring your own laptop/iPad/smart phone.

The price was excellent for Rome during peak season. I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

A very nice room, with a nice bathroom, English speaking staff (2 out of 4, I guess), very accommodating, good wi-fi (why is it so seldom they have that, beats me) and it was cheaper then and another place which was way worse.

I wish I could give a top mark but the breakfast wasn't much, but it was a lot of, and the advertised air conditioning didn't work, but we got a fan instead.

Room Tip: The one receptionist checking me in was Romanian: +1
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

My sister and I requested a room for the Clarin hotel (in the same building) for 3 nights however there was only availability for the 3rd night so the manager, Rinaldo, personally e-mailed me and offered us the first 2 nights of our stay at the Jolie B&B for the same price. We really lucked out!
Pros: Great location, excellent staff who are there 24 hours, very clean, cute common room, a nice flat screen TV (we could only find Italian channels though), only 4 bedrooms so nice and quiet, refrigerator in the room, free Wifi with a strong signal, free breakfast. There is a shuttle available to and from the airport for an additional 40 Euro and because we arrived after 8 pm, it was 50 Euro but Rinaldo personally picked us up. He gave us tips about visiting certain sites and even allowed us to purchase and print our tickets in advance from his computer which helped us avoid a long wait.
Cons: a little stuffy in the room but we easily solved this by opening the window
Great B&B where the staff work really hard. It's right off a main road (Via Nazionale) and close to many sites. We walked to the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and more. I will definitely stay here for my next visit in Rome.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank atso1212
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

very nice and kind suff, beautiful and clean room with every day cleaning service, perfect location in Monti area - 10 minutes from Termini station, 10 minutes to Coloseo, lot of nice tratorias and ristorantes all around. Big Thank You to Jolie! *

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubikairo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

The location was wonderful, we were on the same floor as the other group in our party, and the breakfast was wonderful. The staff were all lovely and very accommodating, however, we did have some issues and the lack of communication by the staff was a little strange.

When we arrived, my bed only had a sheet on it, and my cousin's bed had a duvet/doona cover, but nothing inside. Considering we stayed in the middle of November, this was quite frankly unacceptable. We didn't notice that there were no extra blankets in the room until we got back late and went to sleep, and as my sister's room did have a duvet on it, we assumed that ours would be the same. In the end we both slept with our coats on, we were that cold. We asked for extra blankets the next day, and they did put a duvet on my bed and something in my cousin's duvet cover, but I couldn't understand why they just didn't do that in the first place. As such, even though every night after I had a good night's sleep, I put 2 stars for sleep quality, as the first night I had a horrible sleep.

The sealing around our shower head was also broken, so the water sprayed out the sealing, hitting the walls and the ceiling, and getting everything very wet, aside from me. When we came back in the afternoon, the shower head was changed, without me saying anything, but again I didn't understand why they didn't say anything to us about it beforehand - such as 'we're getting it fixed tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience.' In addition, my sister had booked a triple room, as that was all that was left. They arrived the day before us, and when the staff saw that they weren't using the single bed, they took it out and put it in our room, which was a twin room. They didn't say anything about it to my sister at all - they never asked her if she would mind.

All in all, they did some odd things that could, and did, cause inconvenience, and they never apologised or warned us in advance.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed at Jolie for 3 nights with 2 other friends. The rooms were extremely tidy and clean maybe on the small side but still very nice. The breakfast was a very good standard for contenential and sets you up for the day, The hotel staff were very nice and friendly would definately stay again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank vicky w
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

The Jolie is part of the new B & B phenomena of Rome. First things first it was very difficult to find being attached to a larger hotel and only findable by a bell push (see photo).After finally locating the manager on the second floor he gave us keys but no real explanation of how to find the room. The room, while clean, looked like Hitler's bunker deep in the basement. The locks to the doors would have tested the resilience of a master safe blower. The rooms were cleaned in a perfunctory way and, on three occasions, there was no water at all in the morning. The breakfast rooms were always over full and on a Sunday they were packed. A rebel movement to take breakfast in an adjoining room was scuppered by the staff who looked totally harrassed. The whole place was run purely for money without any real thought for the guests. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors in adjoining Clarin Hotel would be better. Basement room bore no relation to the room...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank waspie1

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels