“When in Rome - be a Roman”
Review of Rome Armony Suites

Rome Armony Suites
Ranked #9 of 3,617 Rome B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“When in Rome - be a Roman”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Our stay at Rome Armony Suites was excellent. Luca, the owner, is on hand to help with anything you can think of, from arranging a collection from the airport to suggesting the most delicious, inexpensive Roman restaurants to try and some great places to visit off the main tourist track. (Of course tips to avoid busy times at main sites too.)
The location is great as you can walk everywhere you would want to visit in the centre of Rome and spend time strolling through the back streets of the old town to grab that one last gelato!
If you need to use the metro it is not far away and the magnificent Castel St Angelo is a good marker to help with finding your way about. It is also only a 15 min stroll down to the Vatican and St Peter 's.
The room was very clean with lots of hot water and plenty of space with a small fridge for keeping things cool in if need be. I really would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is willing to explore and in Luca's words "live like a Roman". We loved it and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We just returned from our 3 day trip to Rome for Valentine ’s Day, and let me just say, it was amazing.
City, Hotel, Food, Weather it was the total package. This was my second time, and my fiancé’s first so I knew that we would have a wonderful time but our time far exceeded my expectations.

We had a late arrival in Rome but Luca arranged for a driver to pick us up. Well worth the 55E because we did not want to deal with renting a car or taxis or bus that late of night. Luca was waiting for us at the hotel. He gave us an overall review and plan for our stay. We were hungry so he recommended a place where he walked us there himself. Food and price were fantastic; especially that late at night (2200) Italians are just eating dinner at that time.

Our room was amazing; he has the hotel decorated with an old Hollywood feel to it. Luca kept saying your room is small, even though we got an upgrade but let me just say, the bed was at least a California king, the room was spacious and the bathroom and shower easy fit the two of us.

Breakfast (pastry and cappuccino) is not served at the premises but its just about a 5minute walk. My fiancé' does NOT like coffee, but swore it was the best ever!

We had booked a private tour in advance, which i will review at their site (it was great) for Valentine’s Day. But at the end of the day, Luca had made reservations for us in a nice, romantic restaurant. Again great choice, the atmosphere was romantic, the food delicious and we had probably our best tiramisu ever!

Since we travel a lot in Europe, we had made arrangements to rent a car and drive to Florence the next day, only about 2.5hrs away. Again our time there was amazing, we got back late so decided to walk around the city a little bit.

For Sunday, Luca had recommended we go to the Pope's blessing. I am not catholic and my fiancé' is not religious at all but let me just say that it was an amazing experience, very emotional. Again Luca recommended another great restaurant where my fiancé' declared he had the best pasta of his life!

This whole experience was one of the best, I already love Rome but this time I was totally blown away. If we go back we would definitely stay here again, and have Luca recommend all the food places!!

Thank you Luca for such a great experience!!

Angie and Elijah!

Room Tip: no pool or fitness center but we ran 4 miles around this wonderful city!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Angelica Hollid... H
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Clean room, located near the Vatican City. Luca does his recommendation on how to enjoy your day for the typical tourist spots. But the great thing is the restaurant he recommends, they are good to visit and enjoy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Curacao
Reviewed 6 February 2014

In May 2013, my husband and I were booked to stay at Luca's B&B. Unfortunately one day before we arrived in Rome, my husband fell and broke his hip in Florence and we were unable to stay with him. A more understanding host you will never meet. Not only did he empathize with us but he graciously refused the cancellation deposit owed to him. Nobody does this in this day and age.
The same was true of his friend Jim, who was recommended by Luca to be our tour guide.
I am hoping to stay with Luca this year. Looking forward to it.
I am almost 71 years and not very savvy with computers and it only just occurred to me that I could also add this comment. Crazy!
Sorry Luca for the delay. And thank you.
Bravo Luca and Jim!
Julie, Curaçao
Difficult to rate as I have not yet been here

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Normally a Centro kinda girl...this was a big step for me. But I tell you, it was a really good choice! The location is super central to Rome, and actually a bit more like a modern day Roman neighbourhood...not ancient, modern, but not too modern.
Plenty of cool eateries, and wine bars, and normal Romans, not many tourists

As for the suites, they really are all that you need...a big, comfy bed...functional, attractive bathrooms with hot, hot water, and serviced daily...and price...right on the money! And breakfast

As for your host, well....this is why I don't do hotels (not so often anyway)...
Luca is an exceptional host...'what do you need', 'how can I help", 'wait...I will be there for you in a minute'...Come on...that's what I'm talking about!!!!
Doesn't matter how many times I go to Rome, I will always, always need the advice of a Roman...
Luca you are a champion!!!
Keep doing what you are doing...us travellers are lucky to have you...thanks so much and see you again soon

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MissSydney
burlinton, ontario, canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Last October we accompanied ten friends to Italy with our last stop being four days in Rome. Following the advice of Trip Advisor reviews we chose to stay at Rome Armony Suites. It was the best decision we could have made. Luca was an absolutely wonderful host. He arranged for two taxi vans to meet us at the train station and met us on the street when we arrived. We took over all of the rooms which were sparkling clean and spacious. Luca made reservations for us at several local family owned restaurants which served delicious Roman food; he arranged for a guided tour of his lovely neighbourhood with Jim who was delightful; he made many helpful suggestions of what to do made sure we knew how to get where we were going and how to get back again; and he helped us make bookings at the Gallery Borghese and the Vatican (with .. as our guide who was so knowledgeable and personable). So, with many apologies to Luca for the delay in writing this review, I must say he made our stay in Rome the best it could possibly have been. We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tcraybould
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This review is way overdue, I can't believe it's been almost 4 months since we were there....sorry Luca! Glad to see you're back to number 1 where you belong!

Rome was our first stop on a month trip around Europe and we couldn't have asked for a better place to start. The room was very neat and comfy and in a perfect location. It was great value considering the location if nothing else. The included traditional breakfast at Brown's around the corner was always a great start to the day - just love the Cornettos. But the real highlight of our stay was Luca! It was like being welcomed into his home and being treated like house guests. We learned from him how to see Rome as locals rather than tourists - as much as possible :) and he helped us plan our time there. He had great recommendations for restaurants to try some of the local delicacies and went out of his way to help if we needed anything.

We'd love to be able to visit again soon. Thanks again for making the start of our trip so enjoyable Luca!

Mark & Trish - Adelaide, Australia