“Excellent service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We visited Rome in May 2012 and this review is long overdue. We had a great experience in Rome Armony Suites. Luca was very helpful and friendly. He helped us to sort our Italy mobile phone connection, provided recommendation for restaurants and directions to attractions. I felt like we have a friend in Rome who looked after us well. The room was clean and the bathroom facility was great. The B&B location is fantastic. I highly recommend this place and in fact I have just recommended it to a friend today. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 23 August 2014

After reading many review's on TA we contacted Rome Armony Suites for our August stay. We promptly received a reply from Luca. He is the owner Armony suites. This was the first of many emails back and forth. What we had read in review after review was how amazing he was. Well after being there for a 9 day stay I can tell you.... LUCA, LUCA, LUCA! Believe the hype! This was the MOST amazing stay! With that said the B&B is NOT a 5 star resort. If you are looking for the Four Seasons or Butler service this isn't the place for you. However, IF you are looking for a real Roman experience with a exceptionally clean room, comfortable bed, Ice cold air conditioning and a being a short distance to Vatican, Metro and having the ability to ask a local for tips and advice then you have found your Roman home! We used the car service Luca set up for us and it was seamless. (driver was waiting with a sign right outside of baggage claim). We were whisked away and met at the B&B by Luca. Greeting us like family coming home! He got us all set up in our room and let us have some time to relax and unwind. Then gave us the first of many wonderful restaurant advice (I will try to review all of the places we went just look at my profile for names and photos). Luca takes the time to get to know you as his guests. He truly wants to share his country and he wants to ensure you have an amazing vacation. In short you do see it is a passion for him not just a business. Its those extras that really make all the difference between Armony suites and other hotels and B&B's. An example I can give you is I am a huge coffee drinker and I was struggling finding a coffee I liked so Luca took the time to go with me to Brown and Co (the morning breakfast stop included in your stay) to help me order the type of coffee I wanted. Don't expect the normal Starbucks fair but I found a favorite! As for the room we were in room #1 and had a street view. It wasn't loud to us as some had said we slept very sound. You will find a nice TV and you can even get one or two channels in English which we enjoyed in the evening while winding down. Free high speed internet was always working. The room is very clean and was straitened up daily. We had a hair dryer and the usual complimentary soaps. I will attach photos as well. Honestly we were overjoyed at our decision and are planning a return to Rome in 2016. I won't hesitate on where to stay the only place for us is with our new Roman Family! Thank you Luca and Andrea's

Room Tip: Room #1 had a large comfortable king size bed and a street view which we enjoyed!
2 Thank hoselady
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I am very picky about what I want in a hotel room, and I am willing to 1) pay for it and 2) give up other potential amenities to get it. Being a hopeless American, I want air conditioning, a good-sized room, a comfortable and good-sized bed, a clean room, a good shower, and a safe location. I do not care at all if my room is decorated with gilt or cherubs or nice artwork. Armony Suites is PERFECT. I got everything I wanted, including a great location (walking distance to everything) for a most excellent price for a hotel in a large European city. It is definitely not the Ritz, but who wants to pay for that? The shower was truly lovely (considering we each took at least two showers a day). I would highly recommend this place. My only comment would be to have some kind of sign on the door...since the rooms are located within a large building with many floors, it was difficult to tell which one was right.

Room Tip: Go for the Superior Room...
1 Thank banditspikealfie
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The proprietor of this B & B could not have been more accommodating or helpful before and during our stay. Highest compliments possible for Luca. He was always one step ahead in anticipating our needs. The B&B was very clean and comfortable. When I was looking for a place to stay in Rome I wanted a quiet, comfortable, basic room in a good location that wasn't too expensive. After reading the reviews on Rome Armony suites it seemed to meet all my requirements and it did. I would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: For quietness book a room facing the inner court yard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lacrosse2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Rome Armony Suites is in a great location, within walking distance of all the main attractions (the Colosseum is about a 30 minute walk away but that's the furthest). Luca was fantastic, his advice was great so you could experience hidden gems of Rome and some lovely Italian restaurants on his recommendation. We would definitely stay there again!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I spent 4 nights here after travelling from Gaeta.
It's very difficult to give any different information about either the property itself.....or about Luca and his son Andrea.
This is a very well presented....immaculately clean and extremely comfortable bed and breakfast. We stayed in room 1......and we had the largest most comfortable bed.......ever!!!!!! The room itself was extremely spacious with more than enough room to store your clothes.....and any purchases you may make whilst in Rome. The shower was enormous and very well functioning with ample hot water......and beautiful soft monogrammed towels to dry yourself with.
The position of the property is very central.....in the Prati district, with a lot of attractions easily accessed by foot......as you feel very safe walking around.
The breakfasts.....as stated are taken around the corner at a beautiful little cafe....that has a lovely 'buzz' about it. Tasty little pastries.....and perfect coffee's.
However......the beauty of staying here has to be Luca !! Never before has anyone 'sold' his city to anyone the way that Luca does!!!
You are greeted by him and made to feel that you are the only ones staying at his property....with suggestions and bookings of where to eat or where to visit. His knowledge is absolutely amazing!
Luca is obviously very proud of Rome and this is displayed in his passion of how he spends so much time with his visitors.......he is an extremely astute and informatative man.....and someone who somehow helps you to feel safe and comfortable in a foreign land. If you became unwell...or lost some important documents......we felt he would have the ability to make everything o.k!!!
His son Andrea is also a very polite and helpful young man
If you are considering going to Rome......believe everything you read about this property and about Luca......and don't hesitate to stay here.....you really couldn't find anywhere better!!!
N.B........Luca.....if you read these reviews.....a very big Thankyou to our lovely driver who took us to the airport.....he was the loveliest gentleman we ever met. Thankyou.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nurse4cherry
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a pleasant surprise to arrive at 2am and be welcomed by Luca with open arms. Rome was our first stop in Italy and definitely our favourite. Our room was spacious, clean and well-equipped. The bathroom was modern and had an excellent shower. Luca helped us plan each day of our trip, providing excellent restaurant recommendations along the way. The location is walking distance from everywhere (we didn't use any public transport) and yet quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was also wonderful. A big pastry and traditional hot chocolate was the ultimate wake up call each morning. Thank you Luca for your warm hospitality!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple