“Wonderful staff, great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vatican View

Vatican View
Ranked #37 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
“Wonderful staff, great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here during out visit to Rome and we received wonderful service from all the staff we met. They were so helpful in giving directions, restaurant recs and anything else we needed. I would absolutely recommend them to other travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenn T
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Jenn,

It's very important for us to know that our clients enjoyed their holiday here at the Vatican View Hotel.. we love to give you all the info about Rome, it's a very pleasure for us! :D :D :D For this reason I advise to all our future clients to write us everytime that you need, we will help you to choose the perfect room for your needs.

Come back again!

A big big big hug.

Alessandra & Daniel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Dont even know where to start....location close to vatican, tour buses and restaurants was perfect. Staff was amazing and super helpful on everything from parking to booking restaurants and getting us back to the airport as effectively as possible. Metro was walking distance.. maybe 5-7minutes? Room was perfect, everything clean and it had a very charming small hotel feel. No big sign outside screaming this is a hotel...so keep your eyes peeled when you first look for it...almost mistook it for a gift shop. Daniel and Alyssa at the front desk were always available and super friendly!

Room Tip: If you need room for a crib...get the deluxe room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EastCoastCouple
Dear EastCoast,

Me too.. I don't even know where to start to say you thank you :D :D :D
We're so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, it's very important for us!
It's a big pleasure for us to help you with pick up service, info about restaurants and just to listen how to spent your day in Rome :) we love this job and we love you all!

I hope to see you again next year.

Hugs!!!

Alessandra & Daniel
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect for the vatican and it's surrounds. A cheap taxi from the city centre if you didn't want to walk too.
The staff were so helpful, they even ordered us in pizza one night!
The room and bathroom was nice. We had a kitchen in ours, it was totally pointless since you can only use the kettle for safety reasons.
The main downfall is that breakfast didn't come with the room, which is standard in all the hotels we've stayed in in Italy, also for the price we expected something more than a preserved bun in a packet.
This hotel has a lovely roof terrace which is usually empty, we got a pizza take away and wine from the room and chilled out up there one evening, it was ideal for a quiet night in after a day of walking tours.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsStacie
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear MrsStacie,

Thank you for the nice review.

We're glad to know that your stay was good :) but I will wait for your next time with us because I want that all my clients spend an excellent stay!
Relais Vatican View is a little Hotel and for this reason we haven't a breakfast room, but we have a free little kit inside the rooms with coffe, tea, cookies, cakes and milk.. If you prefer something more, we're always available for you :) :) Also, in some rooms you will find a kitchenette with a microwave, wine/water glasses, plates and cutlery... you need all this to go to our amazing and panoramic terrace to taste a good italian wine ;) ihih

We hope to see you again soon!

Hugs and kisses

Arkley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had to go to Rome for three days and I spent so long looking for the right hotel. I would find one and then check it on Tripadvisor and the reviews would ruin it for me. I finally found this place and it had fewer bad reviews so I just decided to go with it. I am so happy I did. An amazing hotel. just under four minutes walk to St Peters Square which is already a plus point. I checked in late and Daniel, who was behind the desk was very friendly and smiley and told me everything I needed to know about the hotel. He also upgraded me which he didn't need to do but when I got to the room, I was blown away that he had. A very large room well decorated and a very comfy bed. A lot of the hotels in Rome suffer from decor stuck in the 1970's but they have made an effort to modernise the decor and I think it had worked really well. Good air con (a must in Rome in the summer). Bathroom was very modern and the shower pressure was superb (I had seen it mentioned in other reviews). Wifi in the room as well and it was free which is a bonus. Daniel showed me around the room and then left. Over the next two days the staff I bumped into were lovely and very friendly. Alessandra on checking out was great and very helpful. This is not a Hilton or an intercontinental so if you want that type of experience go there but if you want a very well located boutique hotel run by very friendly staff I would strongly recommend this hotel. I want to do another trip to Rome again soon and I will be definitely looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: I had 201 and I would say it is a huge room and very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CrazyBaker
vaticanview, at Vatican View, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Kensalris,

Thank you so much for this amazing review about us!

I'm very happy to know that your stay was great! This is very important for us because we want just happy clients ;)
As you well wrote, Relais Vatican View is not an Hilton or an Intercontinental, it's a little but so nice boutique Hotel where you can always find clean and super modern rooms, a panoramic terrace and the staff who will be your family during your holiday :) :) :) we love our job and all our clients! For this reason you can ask to us what you prefer everytime that you need!

This time was a short holiday but we're waiting for your next time ;) Keep in touch on Facebook!

A big hug and a special thanks from me and Daniel.

Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed one night at the very end of a long trip and had an excellent stay. If you want to be near the Vatican, this is a great place (although you may not know you're there since it's lobby is tiny)! Still the rooms are fantastic and large and the staff is great. It was nice to end the trip with good WiFi and good A/C too. Over a dozen reviews for me and this will be my first 5 of 5. Thank you to all the staff - you make the difference and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to be on that side of the river near the Vatican - especially with families. And don't forget to spend some time on the rooftop terrace at night when it gets cooler.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank whammers10
Dear Whammers,

Thank you, thank you and again thank you!

Everytime that I read this phrase "you make the difference" about us of the staff, my eyes shine! I'm very happy to know that our love for this job and for our clients is visible :) This is just one part of your holiday at the Relais Vatican View! Here you will find also many kind of modern rooms and a panoramic terrace where you can see St.Peter church and Castel Sant' Angelo!
So, it's this your hotel in Rome! ;) Don't forget us and come back soon!!!

A big hug.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights after a cruise. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a renovated room, with a huge modern bathroom that has a bathtub and a separate shower. It also had a small kitchenette; Wifi works great, staff is very attentive. It is located very close to the Vatican, the rooftop area is beautiful with St Peter's basilica view. Metro station is walking distance. The tiny elevator was not functioning the day of our arrival but it was repair the same day. Having say all the good things, the air conditioner was not enough to cool the bedroom. We know it was hot in Rome, but we previously stayed 3 nights in another Rome hotel, the temperatures were equally hot and the air conditioner cooled so well in the other hotel that I needed blankets!!! We spoke to the Vatican view staff and they said the air conditioner was working well and no other people have complaint. We asked for an electric fan and they had none. So, despite being a beautiful place in an excellent location and with an excellent staff, I can not give an excellent rating because the bottom line is that if you can not sleep well in a hotel due to temperature is uncomfortable, then the stay was not good. I can come back if going other time of the year but not summer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Rybolorin,

Thank you for the review.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't the best. For this reason, I hope you will return soon, I want just happy customers :) :)
Upon your arrival, as you had a lot of luggage and I had the opportunity, I decided to give you an upgrade to a deluxe double room (my favorite) which is more spacious than the standard .. I'm glad to know that you liked it! The air conditioning was controlled by both our technical and from an external technician who we called on purpose to be sure. Both haven't found anything, but they justified the case with the terrible hot (over 30 degrees) that there was in Rome in those days.. I'm so sorry!
It was a big pleasure to meet you both and I hope you will return in another period and in summer too .. I want to see you again because you are too cute ;)

A big hug for you Friends.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Vatican View for 5 nights in June and found it to be a lovely place. The room was a typical size for Rome, had modern decor and was very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, so close to the Vatican and just a short taxi ride to other significant sites. The only things that could be improved are access to laundry facilities (or at least an iron) and breakfast (packets of pastries are provided but not what we would prefer).
Overall a great experience and good value for money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank midwife83
Dear Midwife83,

I'm very happy to know that your stay was good, it was a pleasure to meet you.
Relais Vatican View is a little Hotel where, unfortunately, there isn't a breakfast room, but, just for our clients, we resolve it with a free little breakfast kit (coffee, tea, milk, cookies, cakes and water) that you will find everyday inside the room. Also, we haven't an iron because in italy there is a special law about this.. anyway, we have the service for clean and dry your clothes.
Our location is one of our best points, we are so close to the St.Peter square.. 10 seconds walking distance! :)

Come back again soon at the Vatican View ! We will wait for you!

Kisses,