“Ok overnight stay”

Ranked #199 of 3,758 Rome B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Ok overnight stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had a very brief one night stay at this hostel in mid-August. It was a tad bit tricky to find, but also located within walking distance from the Roma Tiburtina train station and the Bologna metro stop. The staff I interacted with was a bit of a mixed bag. The lady who checked me in was one of the nicest people I’ve met in Rome, but the one who replaced her later seemed very disinterested in interacting with me. The rooms were pleasant, and the AC is a very nice benefit. However, my power adapters would not work with any of the outlets in the room, but some of the outlets in the corner lounges did work with my electronics. The 4 person room I stayed in was fairly large and well lit, with large lockers that locked with a key given to you at check-in. From what I experienced, there wasn’t much of a community feel here, but I could be wrong about that. I believe there’s a restaurant on the bottom floor, but it was closed when I arrived. I think there’s also a breakfast included in the price, but I can’t speak on that either as I left before they began serving, which was at 7:30 I believe. The area in which this hostel is located seemed ok, but not great. There were some shops and restaurants around, but I never felt 100% comfortable walking around the area on my own. Perhaps that's just my suspicion of big cities kicking in, though.

Really, I can’t say much more about this place, good or bad. It served my needs well, which were just to have a place to sleep before leaving Rome the next day. But if you're looking for a place with a great community feel in the heart of Rome, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This hostel is really nice,
Staff are lovely and completely wheelchair friendly, appart from the location! Unfortunately I cut my stay here to move to a hostel closer to the centre and so I was able to see the sight more easily! There were buses and subways but extremely cramped and being in a wheelchair there was a chance I would not be able to get on!

The hostel itself however, as said above was more or less perfect (apart from location)!
They're prices are average for a hostel in Rome but the things at an added cost, like food, were reasonable.

The staff wanted to help however they could and the rooms very clean and spacious!

I guess it depends on the bunch staying there but I didn't find this hostel great for meeting fellow travellers (apart from those of whom are in the same room as you). This could be to do with the common room being quite small, the place being quite quiet or just my luck of dates and people staying there at this time!

Even though it wasn't right for me I would still recommend this hostel to others as it was nice, just the location was not good for wheelchair users!

• Stayed July 2013
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed in 3 different rooms (4 beds girls dorm and shared bathroom, private with 3 beds and included bathroom) during my stay so I can say that the rooms and shared bathrooms are quite clean.
Most staff members that I encountered were very nice and helpful, suggesting us places to eat and helping us solve any issue, etc.
The breakfast could be a bit better but you get great italian coffee with it!

All in all, a very good hostel !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Hostel is very well organized , very close to the Metro B, (3 minutes on foot) .
The restaurant is small but cheap and the food is very good , expecially Pasta cacio e Pepe and Amatriciana. People is nice and smart I suggest you for your holiday in Rome.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

The hostel is very simple and minimal, but not to the extent you feel anything has been left out. It has all you need for a good stay, and is always clean but if you're looking for a more homely hostel then this isn't for you - perhaps a little sterile.

We stayed in a 4 bed room, but for the majority of the trip it was only occupied by me and a friend which made a nice change from some of the bigger dorms.

It is close to the metro station, around 5 mins by foot (easy to reach both Termini and major attractions) and easy to find (those who say it's hard to find haven't looked on the map at all before going there).

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
St Andrews, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

Really nice center with nice amenities, the location isn't central but close to a metro stop so it was easy to get to all the sights. The breakfast that is included is really great, but the staff weren't always as friendly or helpful as most hostels.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Everything was clean. Staff was always busy or on the phone with whomever. Not a hostel to chat or meet other travelers... many were from around Rome, families, or friends traveling who want to be left alone. I guess their website did say quiet but I didn't realize it was living at home again ie leave your keys at the desk when leaving and other guests get stopped when going to meet group in anOther part of the building. Breakfast was juice, bread, croissants and coffee. Metro close. Shop in Vatican city or barberrina as prices are lower. Buy a day, 2day, or three day pass better deal which are available a machines in the station. Trains readily available at termini station. From fco airport, take a train, payment separate from day pass and any other train ticket to termini the main station then take the blue Cornella line to bologna then follow directions from hostel page from there.

• Stayed January 2012