“Thank God For Roma Scout Center!”
Review of Roma Scout Center

Roma Scout Center
Ranked #207 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Thank God For Roma Scout Center!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am a 24 year old American Girl that was solo traveling to Rome last May. I had originally booked a spot at a campground outside of the city and arrived to find that they would not let me stay (What a nightmare!!) I had originally decided to stay at the campground because a big tennis match was that weekend and everything was booked up. I found Roma Scout Center by the grace of God, and was able to stay at the last minute. I was pleasantly surprised to find this hidden gem of a hostel. It was incredibly cleanly, and was located in an extremely safe part of the city. I shared a room with two very kind Brazilian girls. In the morning, I smiled as I looked around the room to see scouts in their uniforms, laughing over breakfast. The ambiance was very welcoming and safe. The breakfast was also very plentiful, with cheese, pastries, croissants, juice, coffee, eggs, and more.

The only issue is at night time I journeyed away from the hostel to find something to do. There really isn't much in the surrounding neighborhoods, or even in the neighborhoods a couple of subway stops away. I found myself exploring and finding nothing but residential areas and restaurants that closed relatively early. even on a Saturday. I did however, end up at a nice little restaurant not too far away filled with local Roman families enjoying Pizza.

The next morning I had no problem journeying by Train to the Vatican and arriving for Sunday Morning Mass.. even after my lovely breakfast!!

If I were returning to Rome, I would choose this hostel IN A HEART BEAT! If you want to feel safe, clean, and well rested for a very inexpensive price please stay at Roma Scout Center. You won't regret it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alyssa T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rosario. Argentina
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a great hostel, spacious rooms, clean and walking distance from Tiburtina train station and Bologna metro station.
The "lunch box" could be more generous with the sandwich.
We had a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. However, the only thing I'd complain is the breakfast. Not much to eat for breakfast! Location was ok. It was like a 10-15 minutes walk to Bologna, the closest metro station.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tozenter
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I enjoyed the stay. Very clean hostel. Staff is extremely very friendly.
Matteo from reception helped me a lot slk night long in a strictly personal matter.

Barbara from reception is an extremely friendly "human" being. Helped me a lot with my wife and children.

• Stayed August 2013
Augsburg, Germany
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very nice! As a budget traveler, I was looking for cheap accomodation, but clean if possible.

Roma scoot center offered me 4 beds room, but we were only 2 so I slept very well, room was very quiet, location is not bad (close to the metro), and the showers and toilets were so clean that I could ge there naked feets without any fears !!!

Breakfast included, juice, pastries, jams... was a good stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had a very brief one night stay at this hostel in mid-August. It was a tad bit tricky to find, but also located within walking distance from the Roma Tiburtina train station and the Bologna metro stop. The staff I interacted with was a bit of a mixed bag. The lady who checked me in was one of the nicest people I’ve met in Rome, but the one who replaced her later seemed very disinterested in interacting with me. The rooms were pleasant, and the AC is a very nice benefit. However, my power adapters would not work with any of the outlets in the room, but some of the outlets in the corner lounges did work with my electronics. The 4 person room I stayed in was fairly large and well lit, with large lockers that locked with a key given to you at check-in. From what I experienced, there wasn’t much of a community feel here, but I could be wrong about that. I believe there’s a restaurant on the bottom floor, but it was closed when I arrived. I think there’s also a breakfast included in the price, but I can’t speak on that either as I left before they began serving, which was at 7:30 I believe. The area in which this hostel is located seemed ok, but not great. There were some shops and restaurants around, but I never felt 100% comfortable walking around the area on my own. Perhaps that's just my suspicion of big cities kicking in, though.

Really, I can’t say much more about this place, good or bad. It served my needs well, which were just to have a place to sleep before leaving Rome the next day. But if you're looking for a place with a great community feel in the heart of Rome, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This hostel is really nice,
Staff are lovely and completely wheelchair friendly, appart from the location! Unfortunately I cut my stay here to move to a hostel closer to the centre and so I was able to see the sight more easily! There were buses and subways but extremely cramped and being in a wheelchair there was a chance I would not be able to get on!

The hostel itself however, as said above was more or less perfect (apart from location)!
They're prices are average for a hostel in Rome but the things at an added cost, like food, were reasonable.

The staff wanted to help however they could and the rooms very clean and spacious!

I guess it depends on the bunch staying there but I didn't find this hostel great for meeting fellow travellers (apart from those of whom are in the same room as you). This could be to do with the common room being quite small, the place being quite quiet or just my luck of dates and people staying there at this time!

Even though it wasn't right for me I would still recommend this hostel to others as it was nice, just the location was not good for wheelchair users!

• Stayed July 2013