“Clean, inexpensive, decent location”
Review of Roma Scout Center

Roma Scout Center
Ranked #196 of 3,781 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The only big problem was that they were closed between 03.00 and 05.00 which might be a problem if you wanna go clubbing in Rome. Otherwise everything worked out well. Friendly staff, east to find from the subway.

Room Tip: The reception is closed without possibility to get in between 03.00 and 05.00 which I had to learn t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We (2 adults, 2 seniors) stayed in a Junior Suite and paid 210 Euros for 2 nights in April incl Breakfast. Breakfast is simple but more than enough to keep you full. Basically you get to choose a hot drink, and take only 1 item of every type of food displayed. No city tax was charged unlike other hotels and B&B. Our room was bright, clean and spacious. Towels as mentioned by other reviewers, were rather thin and worn out. The room has originally 2 single beds which are quite comfy to my liking. However the extra beds were a little disappointment but bearable. Public transport and restaurants where locals hang out are nearby. Food seems to be cheaper at this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome! The location is a little sketchy, though. Well, pretty sketchy actually. But it is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at! (I've only stayed at like 5, though) The staff are incredibly nice and a nice change of pace from all of the other rude Italians that you are bound to come across in Rome. There is a man at the front desk with dark brown long hair who was the nicest person I met in my 11 days in Italy. He was extremely helpful and you could tell that he loved his job and loved people. The breakfast is great there, too! I got a cappuccino and a couple croissants! The rooms have lockers that only you have the key to which is very rare for a hostel! Usually you just leave your stuff on or next to your bed and hope that someone doesn't take it! I liked the security that came with having your own locker in the room. It is a 5-10 minute walk from a train station that goes right to Rome FCO Airport every 15 minutes, which was really convenient. The only thing I did not like about it was that when you get there you have to make your own bed but other than that the place is awesome!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice hostel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Toilettes were also very clean. The lobby was a nice place to have a rest and meet new persons. Breakfast was good but very simple. They should serve some eggs or cheese. Everything was fine during my stay there. I have just a suggestion. In my opinion administration has to oblige customers to put their shoes out of rooms for better hygiene.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am a 24 year old American Girl that was solo traveling to Rome last May. I had originally booked a spot at a campground outside of the city and arrived to find that they would not let me stay (What a nightmare!!) I had originally decided to stay at the campground because a big tennis match was that weekend and everything was booked up. I found Roma Scout Center by the grace of God, and was able to stay at the last minute. I was pleasantly surprised to find this hidden gem of a hostel. It was incredibly cleanly, and was located in an extremely safe part of the city. I shared a room with two very kind Brazilian girls. In the morning, I smiled as I looked around the room to see scouts in their uniforms, laughing over breakfast. The ambiance was very welcoming and safe. The breakfast was also very plentiful, with cheese, pastries, croissants, juice, coffee, eggs, and more.

The only issue is at night time I journeyed away from the hostel to find something to do. There really isn't much in the surrounding neighborhoods, or even in the neighborhoods a couple of subway stops away. I found myself exploring and finding nothing but residential areas and restaurants that closed relatively early. even on a Saturday. I did however, end up at a nice little restaurant not too far away filled with local Roman families enjoying Pizza.

The next morning I had no problem journeying by Train to the Vatican and arriving for Sunday Morning Mass.. even after my lovely breakfast!!

If I were returning to Rome, I would choose this hostel IN A HEART BEAT! If you want to feel safe, clean, and well rested for a very inexpensive price please stay at Roma Scout Center. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alyssa T
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a great hostel, spacious rooms, clean and walking distance from Tiburtina train station and Bologna metro station.
The "lunch box" could be more generous with the sandwich.
We had a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. However, the only thing I'd complain is the breakfast. Not much to eat for breakfast! Location was ok. It was like a 10-15 minutes walk to Bologna, the closest metro station.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo