“Fantastic 4 Tours of Rome/Florence”

Odyssey Tours (Rome)
Ranked #368 of 818 Tours in Rome
Reviewed 2 May 2013

So it's time I finally wrote a review! 20th anniversary trip with wife to Rome and Florence.
Booked 4 Tours with Odyssey tours. So here goes.
Upfront, the communication with Marianna was outstanding. Responded very quickly to my many questions and developed a very good understanding of what we wanted to accomplish during our trip.
Tour 1 - Day Trip to Capri. A long 14hr day, but so worth it. Bus trip with Carrani went wonderfully. I've read concerns by others about smoking and poor ratings for Carrani, but I can't understand them at all. There is a no smoking policy on the bus and the guides were organized, informative and enthusiastic. - Highly recommend
Tour 2 - Full Day Walking Tour of Rome. Cannot speak more highly of our 2 guides, Aurora for the Vatican morning portion was professional and highly knowledgable. Chiara for the afternoon Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon and Trevi. She was very energetic, highly knowledgeable and so entertaining. Both these women were outstanding educators & much more than just guides.
Tour 3 - Grocery Tour and Cooking Class. Thought this would be fun, but we got so much more than we ever thought. Fortunate to have Chef Fabio, owner of That's Amore (by the Spanish Steps) take us under his wing, shop the Market tour the Jewish Ghetto only to end up in his home to cook and enjoy and incredible meal. He too has a passion for teaching and left us inspired to try pasta making on our own.
Tour 4 - Florence Full Day - Accademia & Uffizi. Outstanding tours of both museums plus a 90+minute walking tour of Florence. It too was an exhausting day - but we just had to pack it all in.
Wouldn't hesitate a minute to book with Odyssey Tours!

2  Thank Ray J

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I booked this tour for my mother and her friend this month. Both my mother and her friend enjoyed this tour organized by Odyessy Tours because of the excellent tour guides, one was a humorous man and the other, a knowledgeable lady. Despite a few problems occurring before the tour date, Marianna of Odyessy Tours still kindly assisted me all the way to ensure that my mother and her friend could go on the tour without any issue. Everything was fuss free and well ensured in the end.

I am really glad to know that Odyessy Tours provided good service and assistance the whole time and this is really important for us as tourists. I will not hesitate to recommend Odyessy Tours to my friends or anyone who wants to go on their tours.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I called Odyssey tours from USA to book a large group for a bus tour and dinner. When I arrived Rome, my contact's name was Gerry. He called me the afternoon I arrived and met me at the hotel to show me where the group would be going and some of the places they would see. We then went to the restaurant where the group would have dinner. A lovely place called 4 Colonne in the Piazza Novanna. I had nothing but superior service from start to finish. Marianne responded to all of my messages very quickly and was very thorough. When in Rome, ask for Gerry he is a fabulous contact, knows everyone and the best places to go.- an excellent source of information and a truly nice person!!

Will let you know how the twighlight tour for a group of 100 goes!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I'm sure Odyssey is a good company, however just a word of warning to those who wanting bus tours. They can outsource it to Carrani bus tours - please check out how badly they review on trip advisor. Yes they are bad, disorganised, rude, tour guide smoking??!!. Very disappointed.

2  Thank gauy
OdysseyTours, Owner at Odyssey Tours (Rome), responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the tour as provided. Yes this tour is operated for us by Carrani, we do believe they are the best of the Italian bus companies, They also receive many good reports and some negative reports. Unfortunately it is allowed to smoke on the job in Italy however I will raise this with them as I understand your concerned. Also please be assured that I will arrange some compensation for you.
Kind regards
Marianna

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our guide, Vanessa, was great! We booked 2 days of private tours of Vatican/Sistine Chapel and Ancient Rome. Vanessa maximized our time (took us to Castel Sant'Angelo to 'kill time' until our Vatican museum ticket time; never would have gone in there on our own and it was very cool.) She gave us great recommendations for restaurants at night, insight into Italian and Roman culture and recommended a couple of churches to see after we left her. My son,who is a Sr. in college, walked into one of them and said "I studied this painting in my Art History class!" We also used Odyssey Tours for a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Sorrento. Our driver spoke very little English, but we thought 'ok, all he has to do is drive us around :)' Before we left Rome, he started waving at a woman on the sidewalk, pulled over and she got in. She introduced herself as our interpreter.We called her the mystery guide. She talked with us on the way to Pompeii, got us hooked up w/ our Pompeii guide, Hector, and then went with us to Sorrento. Pompeii was amazing. My son had been to Pompeii a month earlier on group tour. He commented on how much better it was with a private guide. I only wish we'd had more time in Sorrento!