“Dolce Vita”

Small Group Roman Dolce Vita with Local Tips
Ranked #34 of 238 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rome Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours in Rome. Walking tours that will make you uncover back streets, local markets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. See much more than just the top touristic attractions ! Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Rome. A local guide, knowledgeable, friendly and officially licensed, will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I would highly recommend this tour booked through Urban Adventures. As I was the only person who had booked I was fortunate enough to have a personal tour with Margherita. She was very informative and passionate about Rome, bringing to life all of the history of the sights we visited. Highlights included the Spanish steps, Navona Plaza and the Pantheon. It was fantastic to sit near Trevi fountain and enjoy the atmosphere while learning about the story behind it. It was also great to get some local recommendations for eating, gelato and of course espresso. Margherita was fantastic and great company while learning more about Rome,

All reviews
"street art"
"wine tasting tour"
"local life"
in 2 reviews
"totally recommend this tour"
"food tasting"
"amazing sights"
"deep knowledge"
"these areas"
"gelato"
in 6 reviews
"few hours"
in 4 reviews
"colosseum and roman forum"
"knowledgeable guide"
"private tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic time with Vanessa touring the Colosseum and Roman Forum. There were just three of us in the group, and we felt so fortunate to be able to skip the long queues. We booked through Intrepid Urban Adventures in Australia and had no problem meeting Vanessa at the arranged time and place, despite the crowds. Vanessa's knowledge and experience as an archaeologist, together with her obvious passion and enthusiasm for history made the the tour very interesting. We learnt so much and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly! Would definitely recommend this tour and Vanessa as a guide. One tip - try to stay in the shade as much as possible in the heat, and drink lots of water. Also consider trying to book for later in the day. We started at 2pm and the heat was exhausting! The gelato in a shady square at the end was very welcome.

1  Thank cathchindoy
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This tour was booked through Urban Adventures Australia and it was amazing. We saw the Colosseum, Roman Forum and an ancient Market Place. We thought we might be in a large group but it was just my partner, mum, and me. We skipped all the lines and the tour guide Valentina was knowledgeable and friendly. By far the best tour I had the whole time I was in Europe.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I took this tour with Margherita on June 15th. It was outstanding! There were supposed to be others, but they didn't make it, so I had a private tour with Margherita. She is not only third-generation Roman, but also a PhD in History. So, she was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what you're seeing. I learned a lot and enjoyed it. We had a great afternoon together. I highly recommend the tour, particularly if you want to know more than the standard.

2  Thank Scott B