All reviews free wifi close to the vatican highly recommend this b b sky tv restaurant recommendations air conditioning croissants gave us a map metro station public transport walked everywhere main sites rooms were very clean the location is perfect daniele neighborhood airport
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The place was simply great! We stayed in 6 different hotels/b&b for the during of our vacation. And out of the 6, we can say that B&B Peace of Rome was the best amongst the 6! What made it special was the fact that Daniele welcomed us the moment we came down the van that picked us up from the airport. He actually arranged the pick-up on our behalf.

The rooms were spacious, very clean, and well thought of. The bed was comfortable enough to have a good night's sleep. Also, the double-paned windows made the rooms quiet. We also loved that he had an lcd tv in the room with english channels! And that the location was close enough walk to the nearest metro and the vatican. The breakfast that his partner cafe provided was just delish! Too bad due to time constraints, we only availed of it on one day. For european standard, we found the breakfast lovely. We also loved his recommendation on where and what to eat for dinner. In fact, we loved it so much that we ate there for 2 consecutive nights. Well, if you have a medical condition that does not allow you to eat highly flavourful food, then maybe you should skip this restaurant. Prices were reasonable too, for european standards.

But I have to say that Daniele's personalized service was what made it memorable. On the second day, he made us feel we were his friends and not transients in his b&b. He exchanged stories and jokes freely with all of us. But on closer inspection, you could tell that a lot of thought went into the details he put in the rooms. And this standard of excellence extended to how he ran his 2 bed and breakfasts. No wonder that both his b&b's made in the top 3 slots here in tripadvisory, out of all hotels and b&b's in rome.

He was available to answer our questions. He was also there to help us load our luggages into our van rental.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hill_Car2005
Reviewed 26 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at A peace of Rome for 3 nights during our holiday in Italy. The room was modern, large and well appointed. The location of the B&B was extremely convenient and we walked almost everywhere. It was great to be able to take a stroll to the vatican from our accomodation. Simona was very helpful in arranging dinner reservations and transport when needed. The only slight downside was the breakfast which was served across the road at a little cafe called La Dolce Vita. Whilst the coffee was great, the breakfast was limited and boring. When we return to Rome we will definetly return to this great B&B

Room tip: Room 1 was great and spacious!
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Much better than we had anticipated, this B&B had very helpful staff, and a lovely good sized modern room., with a good bathroom. Tea and coffee available in room, and fridge. Although breakfast is taken at a nearby restaurant, it is very close by. The food included a small orange juice, toast, hard boiled egg, croissant, and yogurt. The only downside was that one had to pay for a second cup of coffee!

The room was very clean, and excellent value. The street outside is noisy and busy, but the windows when closed shut out sound very well. Restaurants in area. The hosts do not live on site.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My wife and I only stayed here for 1 night but were very impressed. We booked our holiday in Rome but unfortunately couldn't get 3 nights at A View Of Rome as we didn't book early enough so liveo suggested we stay here for the third night.

In true livio service, he of course transported all our luggage for us from the other b+b whilst we were out sightseeing.

The rooms are modern and very clean, and the hotel is within close distance of the Vatican.

Breakfast is at a cafe 2 minutes walk away- they do the most amazing freshly squeezed orange juice which I recommend! I'd stay here again without a doubt.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

All the good comments you read about A Peace of Rome are true. I'm not sure about the not-so-good comments because I had none of it. It's almost unbelievable that you have to experience it for real. Not many people would bother writing hundreds of five-star ratings if it's not too great a deal. It's the best place we stayed in during our 10-day Europe trip. It has all the perks a 5-star hotel would provide you. To note, in particular the fast wi-fi, tv with international channels, a most wonderful breakfast were a real plus, CLEAN bathrooms and spacious rooms (Room 1) and to top it all, not something you would get from hotels -- a personal welcome greeting and travel tips and advices from Daniele, the owner. Superb customer service! I am awed by his honest desire to make our stay a magnificent one. Truly a perfect host! You would not feel he's working because it seems he's enjoying meeting and serving people you'd think he's just an accommodating friend. I can only imagine the hordes of people he tries his best to attend to promptly. If ever I would come back to Rome, I would only want to stay at any of his properties. I'm excited for his plan to open a third B&B. I'm sure it would be as awesome if not better than A Peace or A View of Rome. I would have loved to meet Livio or Simone. But even if it's just Daniele, it still far exceeds the hospitality I received from all the places we stayed in. What a pleasant surprise! More power to you, Daniele!

Dyan from Philippines