“Roman Forum and Colosseum.”
Review of Epic Rome Tours - CLOSED

Epic Rome Tours
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: At Epic Rome Tours we like to do things a little differently. What put our clients at the centre of the tour and then we transport them to the head of days of the Roman Empire and the great Renaissance depending on which tour you do with us. As long as you have an open mind we will do the rest. Rome is a magical place but it can be made more magical by the way it is interpreted to you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I heard about Jimmy through a friend who took his tour last year. I did the tour at the beginning of September. His enthusiasm, humor and knowledge about all aspects of his tour, made it really interesting and fun. I had read books on the Colosseum before but was amazed by all the interesting facts that i had not read and that he was able to answer every question asked. EVERY QUESTION! He combined ancient history with more recent history, and always made each part of the tour fascinating and entertaining. Jimmy's experience with giving tours also allowed us to skip the queues of people into the Colosseum, which was HOURS long! I am very grateful to him for this alone. I thoroughly encourage anyone who would like to really see Rome, in all its glory, to look Jimmy in Epic Roman tours up! Thanks Jimmy for a great, great Holiday.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Did this tour with Jimmy in early September and it was one of the highlights of my Holiday. The queues were massive that day but Jimmy got us past all of these. Once inside the Vatican I was blown away with Jimmy's knowledge. The tour was informative and really funny at times. He really engaged the group and was approachable and patient if someone in the group had questions. The tour was really well paced and we weren't rushed around. Jimmy's own passion for the Art really came across and was infectious. The real highlight was the Sistine chapel. Jimmy took us aside before going in and told us all about it and what to look out for then allowed us to explore it ourselves which I thought was a really nice touch. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I first read of Epic Tours (and more specifically, Jimmy) on another travel website. I came here and read enough of the reviews to feel confident booking both of our Rome walking tours with Epic Tours, and I am so glad we did! Juliette conducted our tour of Ancient Rome in the morning (the Forum and Colosseum). She is a student at Oxford University in England and works in Rome for the summer. She was refreshing, geniune and extremely knowledgeable, answering all of our questions, and knew how to circumvent the long line ups to get into the Colosseum. My sister, daughter and I really enjoyed our time with her. I then joined Jimmy in the afternoon for his tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. He intertwined entertaining and sometimes salacious stories--in an appropriate way as there were young teenagers in our group--along with his historical facts. He was funny, knowledgeable and considerate of our whole group. He pointed things out to us that other guides and tour groups were bypassing, some of which were amazing. You must walk with him through the tapestry gallery in the Vatican museum. We thoroughly enjoyed both tours and would highly recommend them.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I toured the Vatican with Jimmy on a very hot day during the 3rd week of August, 2012. Jimmy was a knowledgeable and considerate guide. He took into consideration the heat, and tried to find shade whenever possible. He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Rome and the Vatican. He definitely provided information that we would not have otherwise gathered by touring the Vatican on our own. Plus, he showed us the one of the coolest illusions I have ever seen. We would have surely missed it without his guidance. A tour of the Vatican is not complete without Jimmy and the folks at Epic Tours.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My sister and I went on the Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour in June 2012. Jimmy was our tour guide and his knowledge and enthusiasm for the history and art was refreshing and inspiring. I have solo toured the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel before, but it was nothing compared to having a private tour guide on the trip. I highly recommend this tour to all of my incoming friends and visitors to Rome.

Jimmy was also very funny and friendly which made the whole tour so much more enjoyable. Several times people from other tour groups were coming over to listen to our tour, it was obvious that it was one of the better guided tours around. Jimmy even brought his own maps and photos to use as better props to explain the history and stories behind the scenes. Jimmy is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and really knows his facts.

Definitely go on this tour. And buy your tickets before and take lots of water if you are going during these hot summer months.