“Best way to see Rome”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$56.67*
and up
Sistine Chapel Introduction with Vatican Museums...
Ranked #1 of 849 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit Rome in the company of its most passionate admirers, us! Your Roman adventure is sure to be unforgettable with Eyes of Rome, a creative club of independent tour guides! You set the pace of the tour with your private guide, personally selected for you from our small team of enthusiastic professionals. You'll be captivated as your passionate guide helps bring Rome to life with a tour that is customized to your interests and energy level. We offer city walking tours, but we also provide bike and segway tours, and car services. We will accompany you off the beaten paths, to discover the historical and cultural heritage, sharing also the most local aspects of the Eternal City, like the arts & crafts, the food & wine and the best music, theatre and sport events.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our family visited Rome in May. Half of us had been their before. We have older teenagers, so we needed to balance having a deep dive on the culture and art with a high level fly by of things to do. The girls wanted shopping and movie sights; whereas the wife and I wanted deep historical cultural knowledge.

We picked three tours, Walking Tour, Colosseum/Vatican and Morning Foodie Tour. All were great. The key is to be candid with your guide as to what your group wants and doesn't want. Each one of the guides and we had three different ones will do their best to exceed your expectations and ensure each of your party has a great experience.

You can really tell they love their work and their city.

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Tellers at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you from all the team! Tour comment is really wonderful for us all! Whist we really try to do is custumize our tours!!!
We hope to have again the opportunity to do it in the future!
All the best!
Silvia P., Silvia M. and Francesco

Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"roman forum"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a wonderful tour with Angela Caiati from Eyes of Rome tours. We saw the Vatican Museum, St Peters Basilica, the Coliseum, Forum and the Parthenon.

Angela has such a intimate knowledge of all of the sites she really makes for an enjoyable experience. We would highly recommend her to all our friends who travel to Rome.

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

My dear, first of all, many many thanks for this review on my behalf!!
and now...you have no idea how wonderful were for me that two days spent with you 4, I enjoyed the time with you in a special way because I felt as if I were with a group of friends!!
For me it was faboulous! You are wonderful people, thank you all for everything, hope to see you soon!
yours Angela

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our visit to Rome was made complete by Karin. We would highly recommend her to all our friends who travel to Rome.

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you!!!! All the people in the group were wonderful and so sweet. I felt so well with you like in a family. I will not forget our time together. Thank you for all you've done for me!
I send you a sincere hug,
Karin

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I used Eyes of Rome private tours for the Vatican museum & it was the best decision we could have made during our stay in Rome. First of all we received great service from the Eyes of Rome staff given the fact that we booked our tour in a very short notice, a day before to be specific. Lucky for us, there was a tour guide available! Silvia Monti, our private tour was amazing! she was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and professional. She provided a lot of interesting information on history of the Vatican as we explored it (Sistine chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, etc.) Silvia met us at our hotel, we took a taxi to Vatican city and she even made our drive to the Vatican fun and interesting as she gave us information of different areas of Rome as we drove by them. She was so nice that It felt like you were talking to a friend and not a person you just met. Regarding the tour, it is worth every euro! Every minute was interesting and fascinating and it definitely made our experience around the Vatican an amazing one. It would have been so different going on our own when you just walk around without knowing much about history about the place, or the art in it, having a tour highly will impact your experience in a positive way. Additionally, her English was perfect. We highly recommend Eyes of Rome tours!

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

it is always a big satisfaction to read my guests have enjoyed our visit. I hope you will keep beautiful memories for a long time. Until you'll decide to come and visit again Rome, to share some more experiences together.
Grazie mille!
Arrivederci,
Silvia

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We loved our 3 hour tour of the Vatican with Karin Libri. Karen met us at the hotel and we traveled to the Vatican. Prior to the tour we discussed what we were interested in and level of detail. Before entering the Sistine Chapel Karin gave a wonderful briefing on the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica which allowed us to focus on the key aspects of all the history. Karin really made the history come alive for us. At the end of the tour she was able to arrange a special blessing for my wife, daughter and I in Saint Peter's. A perfect way to end our day.Karin was very knowledgeble and personable. Definitely a must way to see the Vatican.

Thank you!
I had great time with you. Discussing different metters was interesting. I was just sorry that the priests were so late...
I wish all the best to your lovely daughter and charming wife and to you as well!!!
Greetings from Rome
Karin

Been to Eyes of Rome? Share your experiences!