“Home away from Home! ”

Ranked #340 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$1 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: Famous signature dishes from all over India, carefully selected for you...The freshness and the quality of the ingredients make each and every flavor work together to create wonderful and authentic Indian dishes. These are an expression of the care & passion that our chefs and our team have for the craft of pure Indian cooking and hospitality, typical of India which is just an extension of our home. 'Krishna 13' adds one special ingredient just for you....LOVE. Synonymous with the romantic city of Rome. Your dining experience here will linger in your mind and tantalize your senses!!! We look forward to the pleasure of serving you in our very own Indian style to stimulate every sense during your dining experience with us !!!!
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

In Rome do as Romans do - but thank heavens that the Guys running this wonderful restaurant in Rome do not take this saying literally! For this is one of the most authentic north Indian style food I have come across East of New Delhi in India.

The spices are well balanced, dishes are not too oily and portions just right, unless you have been fighting a gladiatori combat at the Colosseum for half the day previously.

Prices are moderate and if you got caught in a typical Roman tourist trap earlier, like we did, this place restores your faith in humanity.

I saw some comments below about poor and rowdy service. Cannot understand how this could be true. We went on three separate occasions and it was perfect everytime. Especially the Team of Dharam and Shine went an extra mile to fulfil our special requests.

2  Thank Sunil66
There are newer reviews for Krishna 13

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've been to lots of indian restaurants in many different countries, but never was I so disappointed in the indian cooking as tonight. Everything was just plain flavourless. Not worth a euro for this kind of food...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I were sick of endlessly eating pizza and pasta so we searched for the closest highly rated Indian restaurant to our hotel. We strolled into the restaurant at 2pm and asked if we could get a table. The guy on the front counter goes to the back, screams (in Hindi), "two desis are here, should I say we are open or closed?" The guy at the back responds, "closed" WOW!! My husband and I were both born in Canada, have lived in Virginia, a southern US state for most of our lives and never felt as humiliated, especially in this day and age, coming from and fellow southasian of Indian origin!

Regardless, my husband being the nice guy, decided to give them another chance by going for a dinner again. BAD IDEA! The waiters are extremely nice to people that look of Caucasian origin and really treat people of color like invisible. The biggest joke is, each and everyone of these waiters is brown themselves!

1  Thank to115
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We arrived without booking to find the restaurant packed and were asked to return in 30 minutes. When we returned the family booking that occupies 95% of the seats departed en-masse but many seats were quickly taken.

The menu was similar to an Indian restaurant in the UK with a decent selection of veggie offerings. The food took a wee while to arrive but the chefs were probably catching their breath after the family booking (which had arrived 50 minutes late), but the service was friendly if not over attentive.

The food when it arrived was tasty, the portions medium sized but the biggest problem was thgat without the table burners to keep the food warm it very quickly became lukewarm. The retaurant interior design was tastefully done.

1  Thank Art M
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I had a Donner at Krishna 13. The food was way above average, both the tandoori mix and the chicken. Also the starters we had (samosas and pakoras) were tasty. Service was smooth.nice ambience. The only small hickup was with the invoice; side order rice got mixed up. All in alle, highly recommended!