“Average food, great service”
Review of Veg and Wine

Veg and Wine
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Veg and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,441 of 12,590 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is just a short walk from the Vatican. When we arrived at 2:50 p.m., the greeter said, "let me check if the kitchen is still open?" They did let us eat, but from the posted hours the kitchen was set to close at 3:30 p.m. We ordered a lot of food...soup, spinach pie, curry dish and a pasta dish. The soup was mediocre at best. The spinach pie was literally a pile of spinach with slivered almonds baked and cut in a square. The curry dish was average with cous cous and vegetables. The pasta dish was pasta and broccoli. While the food was only average, the service was great! The server was nice enough to explain the menu and guide us through the meal. While most dishes lack creativity, this place is vegetarian with 50% vegan options.

1  Thank Totallietiffanie
There are newer reviews for Veg and Wine

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Great vegetarian restaurant. Try the vegetarian mezzanine! The service there was phenomenal. They treated us like Italian family. Try it, even if you aren't vegetarian.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I'm surprised by the negative reviews of this restaurant - I enjoyed my visit, as did my meat-eating companion. We wanted to have lunch before visiting the Vatican, and decided to avoid the crowded restaurants and cafes nearby. A short walk took us to a quiet back street and this pleasant little restaurant. The food was tasty and good value, and there were plenty of choices. The staff were very friendly, though you should be aware that the menu is written in Italian, and the staff only speak a very little English. However, most dishes were clearly vegetarian or vegan (and marked that way with a colour code), and our server understood my 'no meat, no fish' request. I would certainly go there again.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Lovely staff - I have to say that.
Interesting menu - but what is produced does not live up to expectation.
Their lasagne - well it isn't. It is a bland semonina (I guess) pie. No attempt at layers of content. No sign of pasta. A lady at a nearby table returned hers to the kitchen.
Rissotto was bland.
Sorry guys - what comes out of the kitchen does not match the lovely service or how the food is billed in the menu.

1  Thank Nick13658
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The service was excellent. We had a nice waitress that translated the menu into english for us. They have a few very tasty vegan dishes, which is great if your vegan. There are some vegetarian dishes and meat dishes as well. We sat outside in the garden area (small pot plants outside on the street).