“The location of Babuino 127 is perfect”
Review of Babuino 127 Rooms

Babuino 127 Rooms
Ranked #239 of 3,668 Rome B&B and Inns
San Severo, Italy
“The location of Babuino 127 is perfect”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The location of Babuino 127 is perfect very close to the Spagna. The accommodation was clean, well furnished and the facilities in the bath was very good. Breakfast was part of the deal and the equipments and breakfast were adequate. I liked the place and will look forward to staying here again when i visit Rome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Paquila2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Absecon, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Location near the Spanish Steps and Villa Borghese was ideal, with convenient access to public transportation, both subway and bus. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by and walking distance to some sights, including Pantheon. With only three rooms, desk clerk is not there all the time. With some back and forth e-mail, we determined the approximate time my wife and I would arrive, so that he would be there at that time. He was very helpful in giving us information on things to do. Items available for breakfast were somewhat limited for us, so we bought fruit, meat, and cheese at a local market to supplement. Room was comfortable, bathroom was adequate, and air conditioner worked well. Only drawback was steps to enter the room and to go into the bathroom as my wife has depth perception problems. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank bariove
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The location of Babuino 127 is perfect very close to the spagna. The accommodation was clean, well furnished and the facilities in the bath was very good. Breakfast was part of the deal and the equipments and breakfast were adequate. We liked the place and will look forward to staying here again when we visit Rome.

Room Tip: Rooms are ideally located
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Laytonsville, Maryland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The location was awesome and it was very easy communicating with the owner in advance of and during our stay. The location is quite noisy therefore if its warm outside...its also warm inside since there is no Air Conditioning (even though its advertised as having air conditioning). As a result you have to keep the windows open. I emailed the owner on our final night about the air conditioning and he has yet to reply back to me. With several family members with asthma we selected a place that had A/C, however, we were unpleasantly surprised (even more surprised that I haven't even received a courtesy response from my email). Play it safe and select another place.

Room Tip: Be sure to get confirmation from the owner that the rooms have AC...I felt betrayed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank jfanelli
Babuino127, Proprietario at Babuino 127 Rooms, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,
as you mentioned in your review, I was very cooperative with you before your arrival, answering to dozens of phone calls and emails (much more than average from guests). So, it should have struck you the fact that I did not reply to your last night emil regarding A/C. In fact, I did but obviously my reply did not reach you. Maybe you should have double checked with me before writing this review stating something that's not true. A/C in the room is indeed present but not all year long. The last night you mentioned was the only hot one during your stay (you never inquired before about A/C) in a generally cool period. We provided the rooms of A/C systems the following week. i am writing this note especially for future guests that might be scared from your review. A/C is present in the rooms, only you did not get to know it due to undelivered email message.
Copacabana, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the type of place where you stay if you only sleep there. Yes, the beds are comfortable and clean, the rom is a good size for Rome and the location is fantastic! The bathroom is small, as is the shower and my shower head was broken, with no one to fix it, so don't expect the Hilton at this place. Do not expect breakfast here either. They do have a kitchen which you are welcome to use for tea or coffee but it is all self serve and the options for food in the morning are very limited. BUT as I mentioned, the location is great and just a couple of shops to the right you have a fabulous cafe which serves the best coffee. But get in early as it is extremely popular for the morning regulars. Plus, you are a very short distance from the Spanish Steps, a good walk to the Trevi Fountain and many other attractions and many many fabulous restaurants!! This pretty much makes up for the small bathroom and broken shower. Also, don't expect 24hr reception or room service here either. You are pretty much left to your won devices, which I personally liked. It is simple and central and at the end of the day, I would stay there again - if they make sure my shower works ok.

Room Tip: Again, yes the rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. They do have good insulation for peace from t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SoyAnna
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Loved this place! The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Easy booking and check in process. Clean, three room guest house with shared kitchen. The kitchen is open 24 hours and stocked with water, juice, cereal, espresso and other basics. Full refrigerator if guests need to store left overs or bring in own food. Loved the location. We were able to walk everywhere and see all the sights of Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jana1114
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a terrible experience with this hotel. I was planing my trip to Rome in the end of February and booked and already payed for this place in October. Problems starts with the owner when he first write me on what's up, he starts to tell me That check in is possible just from 12 to 1 P.m. Me and my friends physically could be at this time at hotel. At least we discussed about check in time at 8 p.m, I asked my friend, because my plan was arriving just at 11 p.m. Owner was very rude and aggressive by even talking on the phone:((( my girlfriend turns on to the hotel at 7.45 and was waiting there until 8.30:((( door was close, she was ringing a bell, no ones opened:((( when I was landed at 11 I received a text from her, explains that I still don't have a keys from apartment. I called to this owner, he tells me that I can found other place, he resold my room. I asked why? he hung up a phone and since that even didn't answered. i was so disappointed and didn't know what's to do. How he can sell this room again if I paid for this one 3 months ago:( Thanks agoda, thought them I booked this place and in an hour we found other hotel, they paid for other accommodation. I travel a lot, at least 2 times per month, but this happened first time in my life. The owner of this hotel cheating on tourists and robs them. Never try to book this place or will be in my shoes.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Babuino127, Proprietario at Babuino 127 Rooms, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
The very aggressive lady booked a non-refundable rate single room. So, of course she prepaid the room. No money was illegally taken from her. When she was informed about possible check in time at our reception, after being very aggressive and insulting us on the phone for these rule that she should have read upon reservation, she said she would send some friend to get the keys before her arrival, since she would arrive after reception closing time (21.00). We were present at reception long before and long after the supposed arrival time of her friend and no phone number was provided to contact her. Nobody showed up and we left the reception at 22.00. The lady could not be reached on the phone until that time, and at that point, following our policy, it was considered a no show.