Great, great place to stay. True 5 star (with that touch of professional "aloof" that Americans find so "unfriendly"). It was really wonderful to be away from Rome's bustle and noise.
The Cavalieri is pricey, though, and no "points" here; so, every euro counted. But. The rooms are HUGE by European standards and they don't charge for a roll away. It was me and my two 17 year old boys. We were all truly comfortable (and, really, any good 3-4 star triple in the heart of the city is not that far off in price from a Cavalieri room with a free roll away - check it out).
Pay for the Rome view. Spectacular. Don't pay for the "Imperial" stuff and don't get the bed and breakfast room rate. There's a slew of Americans eating away in that category and you can't eat enough to make it worth it (even by 17 year old boy standards). Instead, simply, take a right at the hotel entrance and take the very short, easy (flat) walk to the Piazzale Medaglie d'Oro where there are two cafes, a wonderful fruit seller, everything you need (including wine merchant to take a bottle or two back to enjoy at the hotel). The cafes have lovely sandwiches, too, that you can pick up for a song and eat for picnic lunch in Rome (at the pool) or where ever. The neighborhood is fantastic; very expensive on the top of that hill the Cavalieri sits on. The valet will even give you a huge umbrella if you need it for the walk. That little piazza is a wonderful, friendly treasure at the Cavalieri's doorstep.
Also - no taxi should be more than 10-12 euro anywhere you need/want to go in Rome (keep an eye on the opening price on the meter - should be 2.80 euro on weekdays and Sat - a bit more on Sunday).
The pool is fantastic. And the hotel does NOT charge for swimming OR for the lounge chairs; It's the white cushions that go on the lounge chairs that are 18 euros a pop. Instead, you can use the big white towels they hand out , and which are free (btw get to the pool early on Fri and Sat if you want a good spot, and make it your own for the day by draping your stuff around - then you can leave and come back to "your spot").
Splurges for family:
A 30 minute massage in the Cavalieri Spa - over the top special and reasonable.
The Florentine steak at Il Pomodorino off the Via Veneto (can easily feed two) - the Cavalieri's concierge can set that reservation up for you.
The Rome Segway Tour; so much fun, and a great overview of the city.
Enjoy the Cavalieri without hesitation, and buon viaggio!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton