No.1 Wow - First sight of the hotel, warm welcome by concierge & reception.
2 Wow - Being congratulated on our 30th wedding anniversary (mentioned briefly in our original booking back in January),then being given a letter selecting us for upgrade to Imperial Room.
3 Wow - Imperial room, stylish design, breathtaking views, delicious food and drink, lovely welcoming staff, nothing too much trouble especially the numerous trays of tea we British like.
4. Wow - The Imperial bedroom on the 8th floor, forget the view of the telephone mast and apartment buildings, this is Italy and the balcony also gave a delightful view of the front of the hotel and the gorgeous fountain. Far worse views from many top class hotels in numerous other cities. Not a negative factor at all.
The bedroom wanted for nothing, even an umbrella if it should be needed - the amazing thunderstorm viewed from the balcony one evening was thoroughly enjoyable but maybe the hotel can't take too much credit for that! The hotel, however, did provide the balcony complete with canopy so thanks for that.
5. Wow - The bathroom deserves its own Wow, everything you needed, expertly cleaned, very ornate but functional and apologies but there are now a couple of Cavalieri soaps in my bathroom at home with instructions not to use them!
6 Wow - The shuttle bus, always on time, loved being driven through the crazy roads of Rome, a fascinating insight into Rome life, a very modern coach, air conditioned and a very professional service.
7 Wow - The amazingly friendly, professional, caring, attentive staff who speak excellent English. I do not think I ever had need to open a door for myself, every single staff member whom we passed, whether it be housekeeping, concierge, restaurant, shuttle driver, or just staff simply passing by - always, always took the time to smile and afford a greeting. They make you feel so welcomed.
8 Wow - Last but not least Wow - The Cavalieri Hotel itself - never apologise for your location, its just perfect, not only for the views it affords across the city of Rome but from the enjoyment we got from being at the top of the dome of St. Peters and being able to see the Hotel clearly and say "that's where we are staying, yes that lovely hotel on the hillside so clearly visible from here".
The Cavalieri Hotel did not live up to our expectations of the past 6 months, it surpassed them and for that we thank you and for a truly amazing 5 days in Rome. Priceless and unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton