This is just a wonderful place combining the comfort of a modern 5 star hotel with the "grandezza" and plush of a traditional Italian hotel. Yes, the architecture of the non-Rome facing side is a bit dull and the view facing the huge antenna is not the most romantic you've ever seen - but, frankly - what hotel can offer spectacular views from each side of the property? And there's always the option to book a city facing room for extra cash. We stayed in a room of the non-Rome facing side on the 6th floor and were absolutely happy with it given the fact that all public areas, the Pergola restaurant and adjacent bar at the 9th floor, the pool and the lush gardens all face Rome and the ancient centre.
We stayed for three nights in early September and the pool proved to be a major advantage. We felt really gifted having the opportunity to relax and re-energize at the pool side in the baking heat of the afternoons after mornings of sightseeing and city discovery. During the hot months we would always prefer the Cavalieri to a centrally located hotel w/o a pool. Plus, it deserves to be mentioned the pool, again, combines the luxurious feel of slightly 60ies inspired "Dolce Vita" with a proper size allowing a decent swim. What remains to be said? Staff is lovely, helpful and quick. The shuttle offers good access to the "Centro Storico" albeit we never used it for getting back to the hotel since it has only one pick up point. The bar at the 9th floor comes with the rare fact of hotel bartenders knowing their trade (the emphasis of this may be due to the fact of having been utterly disappointed of many bartenders in top notch hotels including Claridges in London, the Peninsula and the Felix bar in Hongkong and the Address in Dubai). On the downside? During weekends the pool seems to be very popular with non-hotel guests leading to the fact that it can get a bit crowded and apparently leaving some late-comer hotel guests w/o a sun bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton