Stayed 3 nights in August - and wish it could have been longer. I was concerned when we first arrived as we were treated rudely (our rental car was not a Ferrari). Before we could get the back open for our luggage we were told to "hurry up an move". Luckily that stopped when we walked in the hotel - front desk, concierge and housekeeping were very accommodating. We were never made to feel fully welcome when entering the hotel.
The room was what you'd expect of a hotel of this caliber but I really enjoyed the large balcony with live music by the pool every evening and the pillows. If for some reason you didn't like any of the wide variety of pillows on the bed they have a pillow menu available. With the metal enclosure for the patio doors and large mirror barrier beyond the front door we had a completely dark and quite room. If you use these be sure to put in a wake-up call - we overslept and missed a morning tour.
Breakfast was wonderful. If you think there's one thing that they don't have, keep going...we didn't discover the 2nd room of food until the 2nd day. It does take a while to get a drink - or just about anything from a server though.
As a Diamond member I was given full access to the hotel, if you know what the word budget means and you're not hhonors Gold or Diamond, watch for all of the little (and not so little) charges added on. Lounges also have nice views and are fully stocked.
The Views, Food, Pools, Spa and Lounges were spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Destinology, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton