Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$1,067
US$604
  • Restaurant
6,180 results
All reviewsimperial loungela pergolacity viewdiamond memberhilton pointsexecutive floorart collectionbeautiful hotelshuttle buscomplimentary shuttlepillow menuoutdoor poolpool sideturkish bathsteam roompiazza barberiniper day
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Cavalieri several times over the years. As HH Diamond members, we were upgraded to the Imperial, at no charge, 3 times. Two years ago, we were told upon arrival we had to pay 80Euro EACH for the access!!!! Believe it or not, we did...because it is so amazing!!! I am curious (Mr. Kahled if you are reading this), why a HH Gold member recently reviewed they were given a complimentary upgrade. None the less, I still dream of all the time we spent in the Turkish Baths imagining we were Romans...rich ones at that;) The service is impecable...Markus and Italo have always stood out for us! We happen to love the fact it is out of the city, but if you have never been to Rome, this might present a problem. Looking forward to my next visit...and a complimentary upgrade to the Imperial Lounge would be fantastic;))

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
GUEST_RELATI0NS_TEAM, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city, it was a pleasure to read that your stay was a memorable one.

The Imperial rooms & Suites (including access to the Imperial club) are not included as a complimentary upgrade, but everynow & then we give an extra reward to our loyal HHonors Gold & Diamond members depending on the hotel's availability.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ real soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband had a conference in Rome and stayed at this hotel. He would be staying from the 5th and departing the 11th. He discovered a day ahead they expected him to be staying the night of the 11th also, so he informed them that no, he was DEPARTING the 11th. They had written down that he would be there that night also, so when he went to check out he was charged for a whole extra day. When he brought it to their attention, the cashier was rude and unconcerned, and told him he would be charged for the room anyway. Needless to say, he was very unimpressed with the treatment of clients here. You would think, with the price of this hotel, one would manage to receive better treatment for their concerns and with a little more respect. The reception desk has a big influence on whether people would recommend a hotel to their friends or stay there again themselves. There's a big negative for this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WatermelonMan

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We regret reading of your impression, but the cancellation policy was well mentioned in the confirmation letter that you have provided upon check-in. We do apologize for any misunderstanding incurred with our team members, but please rest assured that we appreciate all our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was my first trip across the Atlantic and I earned the trip as a business incentive package. i stayed at the hotel April 16 - April 23. If it wasn't for the staff and the comforts of the beautiful hotel I may have been extremely dissappointed in the Ancient City of Rome. Unfortunately. I suffered from a serious case of jet lag and was completely overwhelmed by the crowds at most of the tourist attractions. However, an afternoon salt scrub, massage and cavair facial at the beautiful spa are just what the doctor ordered and I highly recommended them for anyone who stays at this hotel! I also recommend lunch at their beautiful pool served by Francesco. This young man does extremely well, as does, all the staff! He truly aims to please and introduced my best friend and I to our favorite new Italian white wine which we enoyed throughout or stay! We enjoyed all the restaurants at the CavalieriI as well as room service. And, if you can't decide from the menu the staff will glady make you anything you desire from the kitchen! The food at the Cavaleri is excellent and the staff is more than willing to accomodate any palate at any time! The hotel is beautiful with incredible art throughout. Even the bathrooms are exquisite! Our favorite place at the Cavalari, in addition to the the pool, was the Tiepolo Lounge. At the lounge you will meet some of the most lovely bartenders and servers who were most anxious to get to know you and "make a special drink... just for you." The lounge features a piano player nightly and you can relax or even eat a meal there, if you so desire. Our favorite bartender was Angelo and the manager, Sandro! They seemed to cater to our every whim! Antonio, Enzo, Guido. Gennaro, Melinde and Madalina all seemed to be part of our family just as were were leaving the lovely hotel! If you stay at the Cavaleiri try to gt a room overlooking the pool and the city of Rome. It is breathtaking! Each room has a balcony which is lovely. Unfortunately, the hotel is older and noise can be an issue late at night with corporate partiers and thin walls. On my last night at the hotel, I had to call about noisey neighbors at 2 a.m. The issue was resolved immediately by security. As a gesture of good will $50 was removed from my bill. As I spent a small fortune in the hotel, I did not think it was quite enough but I was in a hurry to check out and did not complain. Also, European double beds leave bit to be desired. Although the hotel had a pillow menu, the bed was uncomfortable for a 5 star hotel and left me with some aches. All in all, from the consierge to the maid service the majority of the staff was overwhelmingly considerate and extremely helpful. I am a Hiltons Honors member but my card did not get me qualified for a room upgrade to the Imperial floor. Regardless, I was very happy with my stay. The people and the service that made this hotel deserving of praise.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Cavalieri was first-class is every respect. A view of St. Peter's, full-service Imperial lounge, Mercedes fleet. I stayed 14 days and I already miss it.

Room Tip: Imperial Rooms only
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our Imperial floors and that our staff met your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ real soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I stayed in Cavalieri twice this year. The hotel is situated in the outskirts of Rome on the hill, that allows magnificent view of the center of Rome and Vatican in some rooms (Rome side and higher than the sixth floor). The exterior of the hotel is deceptive, looking like a concrete building of the 80s from the outside it is a museum inside. The interior is really luxurious and it hosts a huge collection of fine arts -- paintings of the 17th century on all walls on all floors, there are also carpets, sculptures, antic clocks, furniture and other items such as Nuriev's dancing suits all over the place. There is also a nice and large 25m swimming pool that closes for some strange reason at 17:00. All of it creates very nice atmosphere. There is also a very nice Imperial lounge for those who stays in suits or in imperial floor with perfect view of Rome and nice food that is changed nonstop during the day.

Now about the drawbacks. The hotel is about 15 to 25 min taxi drive from the center the cost is 10 to 15 euro, there is a shuttle bus but it brings you rather far from the historical center and takes much more time than the taxi. For those who does not get the Rome side (50% of the rooms) the view is a cheap residential area of Rome with a busy road. Now about the Rome view, you get the nice unobscured Rome view only if you are higher than the 6th floor, even Deluxe Rome view rooms are on the 4th floor that is lower than the trees around the pool and there is a great chance that you will see little of Rome but the trees. The air condition buy the way was not freezing, and I think it is chronic because it was like that on both of our stays.

The service on the breakfast is not so good, they offered us a table served for one person and I had to ask three times for a fork also they forgot to bring me porridge and drinks. The check in was also a mess, they said that they have upgraded me as a Diamond member but after seeing the room I decided to recheck and the other receptionist told me that I was not upgraded because they were busy that time. Also they told me that I can have breakfast in the lounge that opens at 6 o'clock in the evening.

Now for loyal Hilton customers, Diamond members are not treated as they should there, they refuse to check me out in a separate counter and I had to queue to the cashier as the other guests, they do not give access to the Imperial Lounge that is the only one that is worth of it. Instead they offered access to so called Colosseo lounge that is a glass cage built in the hall of the hotel about 60 sq m of space and opens from 18:00 to 23:00, reminded me very much of a smoking lounge in some airports where the smokers are self-punished by entering it. I wonder why they sent me there for breakfast if is is closed in the morning.

To summarize, this hotel only makes sens if you stay on the Rome side in suits or Imperial floor, otherwise there is nothing to compensate for being so far away from the city.

Room Tip: only rooms rooms higher than the 6th floor, never the back yard rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank R0manero

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and we are glad to inform you that Imperial rooms could now be reserved using HHonors Premium reward certificates.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.