We asked to book the restaurant for a big birthday celebration. They said they would put us on the waiting list but never bothered to let us know. Reception was cold and arrogant you'd have thought she was paying us to stay there! When I saw the room I was super disappointed to see an enormous radio mast right outside our balcony. I asked to change but the reception said there was nothing to be done at that time of night. I called first thing in the morning, but again got no response - not even a reply phone call.
The website is very misleading. The 'garden' facing rooms actually face the road, blocks of flats and the enormous radio mast. We had an Imperial room and used the club where the staff were very helpful and pleasant. However the image shown on the website from the Imperial Lounge does not exist.
The shuttle bus drops off at Piazza Bernini and the journey takes 30 minutes or more depending on the traffic. The only way you could get to the Vatican in 10 minutes is by helicopter! The bus stops at 9.30pm so from there it's taxis and it costs about €13 without a tip from Piazza Norvona.
If this is your first visit to Rome then stay somewhere more central as it's expensive getting back to the hotel, or to Bernini to get the bus. I thought we'd have time to use the pool, which looked lovely, albeit busy, but there was so much to do in Rome that we didn't get round to it (after all you can use a pool anywhere). The gym looked good from what I saw through the window!
The beds have a very lumpy mattress cover.
Don't drink out of the mini bar - it costs €9 for a small bottle of beer! The room was very clean and bigger than your average hotel room - but we had an imperial room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton