Stayed for three nights with my partner. Overall, we loved it - but as HiltonHonorsGold we did get free access to the Spa and pools, free internet, free breakfast, and free access to a basic lounge which is good for some drinks in the evening on the terrace. If you are not HH Gold or Diamond, internet, breakfast and spa will cost you dearly.
We had booked a standard non-Romeview room, and were accordingly excited about receiving a Deluxe Rome View room, which had the most excellent views over Rome. The other side of the hotel would have meant looking at a TV tower.
Breakfast was opulent but of average quality I find. Great to be able to sit outside by the pool though if it's a nice day for breakfast. Prices throughout the hotel mean that you should avoid coming on a budget to this place - a tea sets you back by about 10 Euros. Accordingly shocked were we by the performance of the lobby bar staff - something that the hotel accepted as not having gone well retrospectively and it made up for it, which is commendable.
Toilet in our bath had a bit of an odour. Newspaper only got to our room on the third morning, after two mornings without. Energy saving light bulbs lay around in some of the remote parts of their grounds, by the looks of them for a while already. etc etc... So a list of minor things denting our experience a little bit, given this is a 5 star property.
Overall, given its fantastic views, the spa/pools and great rooms we will return, however, and hope for our feedback to the management to have helped to stop some of those minor inconsistencies by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton