My stay at the Cavalieri got off to a bad start. I had not brought my passport with me and despite having paid in full online for the room, was told I could not check in without it. I offered my driving licence as proof of ID (which I had used to check in a few days earlier at another Italian hotel) but was told only my passport would suffice. I had to contact someone where I had left my passport on the other side of Rome and call in a BIG favour to ask them to drive across Rome in rush hour traffic to bring me the document. I politely explained to the receptionist that my passport was on its way but I was still not allowed into the room I had paid for and was left waiting in the lobby for over two hours until my passport arrived. Rules may be rules but I expect a bit more class in service from a 5 star hotel. There are many things they could have offered me: complementary drink at the bar, access to the spa while I waited, etc, but nothing - I was just left waiting there.
Once checked in the service was generally very good. The Rome view was spectacular and the room of a very high standard. Spa is amazing. TV reception was poor which again is something very basic for a 5 star hotel to get wrong. Ordered room service. Fish was tasty but over cooked. Fries cost something like 14 euro which is I guess what you expect from a 5 star hotel but they weren't 5 star quality. More like McDonald's. Breakfast was excellent. Overall, enjoyed the experience but not really a 5 star service unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton