Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
US$733
US$443
Travelocity
6,142 results
All reviewsimperial loungela pergolacity viewdiamond memberhilton pointsexecutive floorart collectionbeautiful hotelshuttle buscomplimentary shuttlepillow menuoutdoor poolpool sideturkish bathsteam roompiazza barberiniper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

my stay was perfect
I was there for business and stayed at the imperial level
Staff was always eager to answer my need
would recommend without hesitation
also the shuttel bus to historic dowtoun was a pleasure and saves time

Room Tip: stay at the imperial level ; really worth it
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sergio100AscotCorner
Khaled K, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our Imperial floors and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

If you don't mind taking a free 30-minute shuttle to and from the Piazza Barberini or splurging on cab fare every single time you leave the hotel, then by all means, stay here. Marble bathrooms, luxurious ambience. But if you plan to do more sightseeing than lounging around the hotel then this is not the right hotel. It's terribly far and very inaccessible. There are so many other nicer less expensive places to stay in Rome. And even if you are a guest, you pay extra to swim in the hotel pool. If you move anything in the minibar, you get charged. If you weren't allowed late check out and you kill time before your flight by sitting by the pool, you get charged. And please don't get me started about the NO FREE WIFI EVEN IN COMMON AREAS - even after paying a premium of over $300/night! Oh and check your bill when you check out. We were charged 40 euros (20 euros times two) for a minibar purchase when we didn't even take anything! And the minibar menu had no item worth 20 euros for that matter so I guess instead of having to explain what those 2 20euro items were, they just quickly removed the charges from our bill. Again, this might be a good last choice unless you're a famous celeb hiding from the paparazzi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dissolvedgirl
Khaled K, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city and for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay.

Indeed our minibars have sensors, so when the items get moved, they are automatically charged, thus we always ask our guests to check their bill before confirming the payment to adjust any unused charges. We are also glad to inform you that our minibars have courtesy compartments without sensors for our guests' personal use.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Visited this hotel for four nights during a conference in September 2013.

Booked a well sized room on the Imperial Lounge level - the Imperial Club Rooms come with some upgraded benefits and the delight and convenience of several food presentations held in the lounge throughout the day.

As an Imperial Club guest one can choose to eat in the large restaurant for breakfast downstairs or in the smaller Club Lounge on the 6th floor. The Club Lounge is designed to be somewhat exclusive and not over crowded and is the place to start when it opens in the morning for one of the best cappuccinos around town!

The breakfast in the Club Lounge, of course, is on a smaller scale but covers items such as imported smoked salmon and a large selection of fruits, cereals and pastries. I found the presentations during the day to be of top quality and the lounge was a very nice facility to enjoy. The view from the lounge is second to none overseeing the city of Rome from its several balconies.

The room was well sized offering a king size bed, couch, separate chair and a small desk with an office chair. Each room has its own balcony some looking over the city and others looking over the back street and the gardens. The bathroom was well sized and nicely finished in marble. Everything worked effectively in the room and bathroom and considering the age of the hotel this grand old Waldorf Astoria property has been maintained at an exceptionally high level.

I note many reviews commenting on the high price of the property, however considering that is Rome, I was there in September one of the most beautiful seasons of the year, and any good quality hotel of which, surprisingly, there are not that many top five star deluxe properties, all of these properties are able to demand exceptionally high nightly rates due to their popularity.

Take this hotel during my stay; it was absolutely sold out, 100% capacity, with the exception of one of the Presidential Suites, on our first night. There were no options for purchasing bigger rooms or using one's Diamond status to push for upgrades; this did not exist since the hotel is so popular because Rome is so popular!! You want to be in the city like this that is best explored on foot in the best climates, September is that time!

The hotel boasts a superb gym so if staying fit on your journey is important this is a great place to do that. The inside and outside pool area is gorgeous even though slightly complicated with their sun bed reservation system and making certain room categories pay the 15 Euros for that. This didn't apply to us but it is what it is!!

The Rome Cavalieri has one of the best spas in the city, regrettably on my visit the Roman Baths, which I so enjoyed on my first visit, was out of commission. I consider that disappointing on Hilton's part not to present anything to those of us with confirmed reservations for 6 months in advance! Not an email, no notice in the room, you just arrive at the Spa and the largest facility that the Spa offers is not functioning!!! Poor show on the management's part and they should be justifiably chastised for this lack of communication!! It is important to realize that the Roman Baths are the main attraction at the Spa, in addition to that there is a very small sauna and an exceptionally large and impressive steam room, but all of it works together in an unique synergy where you're able to move in an out of all three, so with one being down and no alternatives offered, it was a poor show from the management's side!

That aside the grounds at the Cavalieri are beautiful, makes for a great walk and they boast these facilities simply because they are not in the city!

Getting to the city is just simply too easy, the hotel has a shuttle, having used it in the past I found waiting for the shuttle to depart and making its stops and slow onward journey to the city simply not worth saving the 8 Euros to jump in a cab and whistle down the hill and be there in 5 or 6 minutes.

It is very easy to explore all of the Eternal City by staying in the Hilton and not to mention the fact that I earned a ton of Hilton points because of the nightly costs!!

This is my second visit and I would most certainly stay there again. It remains one of the Waldorf Astoria's truly magnificent properties in all of Europe!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Harv and Les C

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city and for submitting a review regarding your stay that we are glad to read was an enjoyable one.

We are also glad to read that you have enjoyed our Imperial floors and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations. We sincerely apologize that the Roman baths were out of order during your stay due to unforeseen maintenance, but we hope that you will enjoy them during your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ real soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

For a 5 star hotel, I found it quite lacking. The young woman who check me in was polite but looked like she just didn’t care, I found her so bad I felt I couldn’t ask her any questions. I was also disappoint that I noted in my booking that it was my boyfriend’s birthday and the reception didn’t do anything to note this .But lucky for us, I found a delightful man in the bar called JP, he was brilliant, full of details and actually interested in our trip and surprised us with a cake and candle in it for the birthday after we told him. His wonderful personality was lovely to come back to from a long day of sightseeing. I also dealt with their concierge who were brilliant and looked after tour bookings for us which weight off our shoulders. Also the door man Bruno was wonderful, keeping us laughing during our stay. If it wasn’t for the wonderful staffs that are a credit to their hotel, I would have packed my bags and left after the first few hours, the room was ridiculous, mildly clean & sorely lack, it was badly in need of a refub

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts to celebrate this special birthday in the Eternal city.

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations, but at the same time regret reading of your impression regarding our rooms.

We hope we may have the pleasure to welcome you back on a future occasion to gain confidence in our property.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

A truly exceptional hotel offering very comfortable accommodation and excellent customer service.
The hotel is excellent for business travellers and families alike, but be prepared for a big budget trip. Food is very good and rooms are extremely comfortable. What really makes the hotel exceptional is the focussed and polite behaviour of all staff, even down to the maintenance teams that you might just bump into in a corridor.
A delightful terrace presents a relaxing place for a late drink or a late afternoon aperitif, and the outdoor pool, at 25m, is a great place to start or finish the day.
Location is great, if a little distant from the city itself, but the shuttle bus service is almost faultless.
The only criticism is the charge for internet services. When the remote Aosta valley hotels are all offering free internet I see no reason why a top hotel in Rome should charge 15e per day. This however, is the only complaint.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the Vatican. Lower floors overlook the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.