This hotel upset me so much that it motivated me to join Tripadvisor and write my first review.
I have never felt more unwanted as a guest than at this hotel. It started from check in. I was informed that the room rate did not include certain amentitiies. Five star hotel and you still have to pay 20 Euro for the gym and 18 Euro for a towel and chair at the pool. What a joke!
Then I moved to the lobby bar because obviously you could not possibly expect your room to be ready before 3pm because as their "policy" says that is when you are allowed to check in. I sat at a table opened my laptop and started to do some email. My mistake to think I would get someone to take a drink order. After an hour of getting nowhere with the waiter, I had to go to the bar and interrupt a deep conversation between the bartender and a waitress to get the drink.
When I finally got the room, it was nice, clean and what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. What I was shocked to find is that there was no complimentary bottle of water in the room. If you want a bottle of water, it's 8 Euro. What? I am sorry that is just plain ridiculous.
The point that really upset me was the attitude I got when I asked for an extra hour for check out. I was told that it would be impossible because the were fully booked and no one was getting a late check out. Little did they now my friend had already made a late check out for an extra 2 hours. When I mentioned this they looked up his name in the system and said it was not true. Calling me a liar. When I brought my friend to the front desk they confirmed with him that he did have a late check out and were not at all remorseful for being caught in a straight out lie. Unbelievably, they still would not give me a late checkout.
Overall, if you want to feel pampered and an endeared guest, DO NOT STAY HERE! If you want to feel like a ATM for the hotel then please stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Destinology so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton