“The guest never comes first here. It's only about the money. ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts

Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #72 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Singapore, Singapore
“The guest never comes first here. It's only about the money. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel upset me so much that it motivated me to join Tripadvisor and write my first review.

I have never felt more unwanted as a guest than at this hotel. It started from check in. I was informed that the room rate did not include certain amentitiies. Five star hotel and you still have to pay 20 Euro for the gym and 18 Euro for a towel and chair at the pool. What a joke!

Then I moved to the lobby bar because obviously you could not possibly expect your room to be ready before 3pm because as their "policy" says that is when you are allowed to check in. I sat at a table opened my laptop and started to do some email. My mistake to think I would get someone to take a drink order. After an hour of getting nowhere with the waiter, I had to go to the bar and interrupt a deep conversation between the bartender and a waitress to get the drink.

When I finally got the room, it was nice, clean and what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. What I was shocked to find is that there was no complimentary bottle of water in the room. If you want a bottle of water, it's 8 Euro. What? I am sorry that is just plain ridiculous.

The point that really upset me was the attitude I got when I asked for an extra hour for check out. I was told that it would be impossible because the were fully booked and no one was getting a late check out. Little did they now my friend had already made a late check out for an extra 2 hours. When I mentioned this they looked up his name in the system and said it was not true. Calling me a liar. When I brought my friend to the front desk they confirmed with him that he did have a late check out and were not at all remorseful for being caught in a straight out lie. Unbelievably, they still would not give me a late checkout.

Overall, if you want to feel pampered and an endeared guest, DO NOT STAY HERE! If you want to feel like a ATM for the hotel then please stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank clessinny
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We would like to inform you that our prices are in line with 5 Star Luxury Properties and we do offer many room packages that our guests could reserve in advance that include many facilities to their liking.

Concerning the possibility to give you a late check-out we usually do our outmost to help our guests based on Hotel availability and room type blocked, we thank you for the constructive criticisms which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

If you ever find yourself in Rome and willing to spend a little more, make sure you stay in this hotel at least one night. You will not regret this. The property is simply beautiful, and the views of Vatican is magical.
Tan Huat

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TanHuat H
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We found that the hotel didn't live up to our expectations.

The breakfast was outstanding but that didn't compensate for the towels having holes in them and there being a hole in the carpet.

The view of the cellular masts in the back was abysmal and having to pay to use the gym and for pool towels and for internet is just a cheek given the rates.

We were expecting something special but didn't get it here.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal City.

We regret reading of you impression and hope to welcome you on a future occasion in an attempt to truly show you the level of service we reserve for our guests.

Charlotte, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'm not rewriting what I already have within the review. The accommodations were very poor. I wouldn't ever stay there again. I am a Hilton Diamond member and they treated me like I didn't Deserve to be there. The shuttle service shuts down to early to where every night if you go to dinner you have to taxi home. They were doing construction on the room above me. They have no form of breakfast or coffee provided. You can go to the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast but you have to be dress appropriate in order to walk in. If I want to eat breakfast in shorts a tee shirt and a robe I feel that should be fine. Also the base breakfast there that includes fruit and orange juice is $50 per person. Total rip off. They don't give Diamond members complimentary anything. It is just not an enjoyable place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

2 Thank Justin S
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

At Rome Cavalieri, we appreciate our HHonors Diamond members as they are our privileged and loyal guests, so we reserve them the following benefits:

*Complimentary room upgrades based upon availability (excluding Imperial floors).
*Two complimentary beverages per stay at the Tiepolo bar.
*Access to The Cavalieri Grand Spa & Outdoor pools.
*Complimentary WiFi service.
*Complimentary newspaper (upon request).
*2 complimentary bottles of water daily.

As the Imperial rooms including access to the Imperial club are not subject to complimentary upgrades, our guests could choose the e-standby upgrade option online, that lets you choose an upgrade at a discounted rate and if available on the check-in day modifies your reservation automatically. Also another option to reserve an Imperial room or Suite is by using premium reward certificates whose points vary based on the category reserved.

Kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Must say I had the best sleep in years as they have The Best Scented Pillows to lie on. Then the lovely surprise left by my bedside table in the evening. Friendly helpful staff made our stay just great. You must try their lasagna! Tasted so good to this tired, weary, hungry-traveller after a long-haul flight. They provide a shuttle service and our friendly driver went out of his way to help us get to Vatican City. Many policemen in the city and I felt safe walking around the city. I did not feel safe when I was there in the 90s. The Cavalieri is elegant, takes luxury to a higher dimension.

Room Tip: Try dining in excellent room service.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 638JAV
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city and for submitting a review regarding your stay that we are glad to read was an enjoyable one.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is superb. Our room was large and had a lovely balcony. Bathroom was gorgeous and everything was spotlessly clean. The location is excellent as it is in the hills and away from the dense traffic. Hotel runs a courtesy bus service into Rome. The only down-side was the price of food and drinks. We paid $79 Australian for a good bottle of wine and wine by the glass was approx $20. Service and quality of food is top notch. Breakfast by the pool (included in our tariff) was a gourmet delight. The artworks in this hotel are outstanding. A most enjoyable ending to our trip. Will go there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BJV-Travel

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Cavalieri for 7 nights in May. It was a lovely stay. Close enough to the city to get there easily by cab or hotel shuttle. Our room was lovely with a beautiful view of all of Rome and Vatican City. We enjoyed the spa and lounges. Especially the bar at La Pergola. Would definitely stay they again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 2 June 2014

Front Desk MAnager