“Destination hotel”

Ranked #72 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Delta, BC
“Destination hotel”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here in July and loved it. Upgrade to the Imperial floor which will give you access to their lounge and a better view. This will also give you drinks , internet and food. They have a shuttle into the center of Rome which leaves every 30 minutes.Its not a cheap place. The upgrade was 125 euros per night. I always book the most reasonable room on EXPEDIA and then pay for the upgrade when I arrive. This way I can negotiate the best deal. I would NOT stay here with my 2 kids , its too expensive. But I would recommend this for a romantic getaway. Rome is a world class city.

Room Tip: Stay on the Imperial Floor - floor 7 and ask to face the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel4free
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal City and for submitting a review regarding your stay.

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our Imperial floors and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations.

We would like to inform you that we do offer many room packages that our guests could reserve in advance that include many facilities to their liking.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Loved this hotel the bed the bar area the entrance the paintings and then I pulled back the curtains and my heart sank. After walking the grounds and seeing the flowers and the pool and the view from the lounge I was shocked to be looking at a run down building across the street. Asked for a room move. No dice. Was like being in paradise and getting poison ivy. Service was great food was great. Bus driver was awesome couldn't ask for more. Oh yeah the view. Make sure you can see the pool from your room when you book.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be able to see the pool or gardens.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I regret booking for this hotel. Summer sale means, you don't get anything but the room, free wifi is just in the common areas. breakfast is 25€ per person. If you want to use the pool, don't use their towel & mat for sunbathing, that would cost you 18€, jacuzzi/gym/steamroom for a day is 25€. The indoor pool is under construction. a bottle of water is 9€. There is no other place to eat, but at the hotel. if there is, i didn't see it. A sandwich is €19 & pasta is €22. No coffee machine in the room, tea or coffee is €9. They have a shuttle to the city every hour, but when they are busy, the bus might not be big enough for everyone. The taxi is around 14-15€. We ended up taking the taxi at least 5 times. The rooms are a bit dated, built in 1969, i think. From Ciampino Airport to hotel is €65, no airport shuttle. I have one good thing to say, Rome is amazing!

Room Tip: pick a room w/ a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to inform you that our prices are in line with 5 Star Luxury Properties and we do offer many room packages that our guests could reserve in advance that include many facilities to their liking.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

For a 4 star hotel it was very nice but a bit of a walk from the hustle n bustle of the night life
Staff very friendly although the room was a bit small it was clean and fresh
A bit of a walk to most attractions although the tube station is very close and cheap to use
Would go back to Rome but will look for a hotel with more going on around it IE Bars n Restaurants

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city and for submitting a review regarding your stay that we are glad to read was an enjoyable one.

We would like to inform you that the complimentary shuttle service we provide to the city centre provides our guests with lots of dining options.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from our trip to Rome staying here. Rome is very beautiful and it was great to be away, a few problems however after booking this hotel through an agent one being the promised view which should have been the Rome view and turned out to be the garden view, I had already emailed the hotel in advance to be met with a no it's not a city view but I can upgrade for a further 82 euros per night which is normally 90 euros and this was put across as I great discount based on the circumstances.

Upon arrival of the hotel I was told there was no booking for me only to find that the name they had me booked under was the correct surname but first name James which is meaningless to me and I have no clue where this came from when ever other document including my several emails with the booking agent and concierge/guest services had my correct name.

The hotel staff some were good some not so much at all and unfortunately I cannot remember everyone's name the shuttle bus driver was fantastic as was the main maid from our seventh floor, the downsides being the front desk I requested a plaster as my girlfriend had cut her foot whilst staying in the hotel this was never sent up to the room as promised and on my enquiry with the concierge going down to the desk I was met with the response " ah well I thought you would just turn up if it wasn't sent" despite being promised it was sent and in it's way.

The doorman was rude on our departure and totally blanked me several times when trying to arrange a taxi to the airport, the front desk never asked how our stay again despite knowing I was there to propose didn't enquires how did it go, there was a 60 euro bar bill added to our account which had a totally different surname as I questioned the receipt but was just asked to sign here when it was first produced. The hotel sent up a bottle of wine to our room and titled the letter mr and mrs and then our surname which was incorrect which may sound picky but considering the purpose of our trip which was to get engaged made things suspicious when it was meant to be a surprise.

I appreciate my Italian isn't the best and I intend to remedy this but the staff all spoke several languages so I wouldnt imagine these issues are a result of a communication error.

During our stay it rained all of a sudden after a beautiful day in rom which is unfortunate and in particular on the night I was to propose outside near avenging hill and after enquiring on an alternative to the location I was simply offered a list of restaurants printed off by one of the girls at guest services and from the personal concierge in the imperial lounge I was advised on a restaurant which sounded great only for the girl to then tell me but it is closed , so questioned why offer. The bathroom door in our hotel room didn't fit the frame properly so as a result wouldn't lock which really surprised me given the level of rooms on the seventh floor.

After emailing in advance stating my intentions to propose I had asked politely if it was possible to have a room with the nicest view for the agreed rate which I wouldn't think is unreasonable only to be placed in a room view the worst view of a massive radio communications tower and an apartment building, it wasn't possible to have our key until ten past three, which whilst I understand check in isn't until three you may want to be aware dependant on flight times.

All told the hotel and the grounds are very well maintained but for such a class of hotel and clear luxury these items mentioned took the shine off it and it felt like they weren't really interested and we were just a number, happy to take our money.

There are many great hotels in Rome so I would be a little cautious before booking this one most especially for an extra special occasion of which this was.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Killerloopflyfishing
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were greeted by Emilia, she was very friendly and helpful. All of the staff was very attentive and polite. The hotel was lovely. You can dine alfresco by the pool which has more of a garden feel to it. You can stroll the lovely gardens and enjoy the view overlooking Rome. The hotel is a little remote from the city, but they have a shuttle that takes you there and picks you up so you can enjoy the sites in central Rome. We only stayed one night before we left to go on to Sorrento.
The only drawback was the Spa. We arrived at the hotel in the morning and thought going to the spa would be restful and peaceful.They put us in locker rooms outside the spa so you had to walk by the gym and everyone else to get to the spa. From what I could tell they do have locker rooms inside the spa by the sauna/steam room. Not sure why we werent given a locker there. Would have been more private. We made appointments for deep tissue massages. My
husband was pretty satisfied with his, I was not. Seemed like my therapist was some where else. Music was awful and static. Also could hear people walking/shuffling and talking in outside hall. Overall not very relaxing.

Would highly recommend hotel though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RobertaR0SSI, Responsabile reception at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to hear such nice comments about the Rome Cavalieri and our team members.

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your impressions about our hotel, which will be definitely shared with our staff and of course with Emilia.

At the Rome Cavalieri we are very proud of our service and it is always a pleasure to know we achieved our goal: providing a unique experience to our customers and meet every client's expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

As a mature woman who lives in hotels almost every day of the year.....I cannot say enough good things about the Rome Cavalieri. Service and hospitality is etched into everything and manifested through the tremendous efforts and kindness of the staff. I would have thought that the Imperial club might be stuffy, but was so pleasantly surprised to find the kindness and genteel spirit among everyone there..... Thank you everyone !!!!!! They were like family from the start and so helpful. As a connoisseur of healthy and good tasting food, this was a dream come true........every meal both delicious and nutritious and exceeding my health oriented expectations. The breakfast buffet is spectacular, and the ambiance of sitting outside by the pool made everything even more delicious, if that is possible. The pool is wonderful as is their very special spa. On my next trip I hope to take advantage of the classes like yoga that are held on a daily basis. I had a wonderful massage and ate at La Pergola, with the chef extraordinaire Heinz! The grounds are spectacular for wandering and catching some cool and fresh air. At night, there is music to enhance the magnificent views of Roma. The housekeeping staff, the restaurant staff, the imperial lounge staff, the concierge staff --- all with the friendliest of smiles and patience and warmth that is immeasurable.........and what makes this place so special now to me....... I can't wait to go back........to la Bella Roma Cavalieri meraviglioso !!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah33333
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a praising note. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with all the Team Members who contributed day after day to make your stay so special.

We are delighted reading that you have enjoyed your dinner at La Pergola.

At Rome Cavalieri all Team Members are passionate about delivering first class service and ensure that guests leave the hotel more than fully satisfied, taking away pleasant memories.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eternal City.