Hotel Atlante Star
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$321
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$163
US$136
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$2,183
US$733
US$466
1,239 results
All reviewsles etoilesvatican cityrooftop bartop floordeluxe roomthe hotel offersthe air conditioningpublic transportfantastic locationpastriespiazza navonaheart of romeairportcastelpetersshutterssights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Thank you for such a wonderful stay. The hotel was very nice and clean. Atlante Star is in a great location within walking distance to the Vatican and St. Peters. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I would definitely stay there again on my next visit to Roma.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I was traveling with my daughter and her fiance's family. They booked the Atlante Garden but when I arrived that hotel told me they overbooked and had to move me to the Atlante Star a couple of blocks away. I knew I was in trouble when my daughter saw the room and said it was 10 times better than the one she had at the Atlante Garden. I was shocked by how small the room was. I could barely maneuver around the bed. I had read earlier views on this hotel and expected the worst, but it seemed adequately clean. The wall to wall mirrors were a bit much and the room was VERY dark. It felt like a sensory deprivation chamber. and I did manage to fall asleep..UNTIL the guests in the next room started a conversation. I woke up thinking there were others in the room. The walls must be made of cardboard. My daughter and I spent one night in Florence and that hotel (the Davanzati) was so amazing, we regretted having to return to this place. The front desk staff were professional and courteous. Maybe they read all of the horrible reviews about them on this site? In any event, there are better places to stay in Rome. This should be a last resort.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mjfromva040
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Our dinner at the LesEtoiles restaurant was a memory to last a life time. The Chianti Sirloin was the best steak I've ever had in Europe. The view is marvelous, and the staff attentive. We had a 2004 Chianti Riserva from a label called Carpineta. It was the best bottle of wine I've ever had. I strongly recommend dinner here when in Rome. It is simply a must.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isabel M
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I had booked a room for one night through Continental Airlines. I did research and had a whole plan, with my base being the Atlante Garden Hotel. Then everything went wrong. The driver was no where to be found when picking me up at the airport, once he was located he actually yelled at me for missing him. Checked in, got to my TINY room (couldn't even walk all the way around the bed), felt pressured to tip the man who walked me to my room because he stood there looking at me until I did tip him, and then went outside to wait for my car service as I had planned a quick private tour. No car, I phoned the company, they said they are waiting outside. This is when I realized I was at the WRONG HOTEL. Obviously, I went in to speak with the manager, who would not be on duty until morning and the man at the desk refused to answer any of my questions (which is pretty important given I am at the wrong hotel).

Long story short: there was a large group that needed more rooms at the Garden Hotel, so they moved my reservation (never letting me know this). The manager stressed that I was at the better of the hotels and offered to pay for my dinner (although I was leaving that afternoon).

I hated my room. The service was unmentionably bad. The breakfast was very nice and the view from the dining room was spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Austin2SanDiego
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Great hotel near the Vatican, only a 5 minute walk to the Vatican and maybe 8 minutes to the subway - if you don't stop and shop. Staff was great, communication was excellent. Bath rooms small compared to American hotels. Breakfast was a continental breakfast that was served from 7 to 10 and had lots of bread, cheeses, etc. Lots of places to eat near by. A great place to visit is the Vatican Necropolis which is located under St. Peters Basilica but get tix several months in advance they only do 10 tours a day with 12 to 15 people in each.
Have fun