“Nice place to stay in Rome”
Review of Hotel Alexis

Hotel Alexis
Ranked #407 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stay in Rome”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during our trip to Rome and were very impressed! Before we even got there I had emailed the hotel with a few questions and to enquire on a taxi from Fiumicino as we were on a late flight.

I had replies back very quickly and all my questions were answered and a taxi was booked, with the driver waiting for us at arrivals.

We ended up arriving at the hotel at around midnight where there was someone waiting for us at reception. We were given the keys to the room , including a key to the valuables safe and a very handy map of Rome. The guy at the desk then asked if we had planned where we were going and advised of Bus and metro routes, he then saw us to our room and even carried one of our bags up for us.

On our first day we actually walked all the way to Castel Saint'Angelo via the Parthenon and Piazza Navona and then back again, so you can see Rome by foot but it is tiring.

The only reason that we didn't give this hotel 5 stars was down to breakfast. The options were limited, cornflakes or coco pops (the dispenser for coco pops was broken) with warm milk, and there was a chilled bottle of water with plastic cups.

We were offered our choice of coffee or tea, of which my wife had tea, however the water was not boiling so it took a long time to brew, and on a couple of days the tea bags looked as though they had been dried out and reused.

In summary, this is a nice place to stay and a good base for Rome, just don't expect much out of the breakfast.

Room Tip: If possible ask for one away from the street as it can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Montreal
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a lovely surprise when I was upgraded to the biggest room on the fifth floor. it is quite tiring walk up but the room was super great! It was actually very spacious and the bathroom was super clean. We did have a bit of an issue regulating the shower temperature but it was good. We got to have our own balcony shower and bathroom which i love. The onlllyyyyy issue we had was the amount of aunts there was in the room. We had only noticed the next day that there was a lot of them on and around the couch and kitchen area. I did try to kill a lot of them. We couldn't understand why they were everywhere because the room was just cleaned(except the bed which was the most important). I did completely forget to mention it to the front desk but if you get this room make sure they aren't everywhere and if so ask them to do something about it and im sure they would do something about it right away.

As a plus, you are literally less than 5 minutes walk from the main train station and if you are a big walker you can technically visit the entire rome by foot in 2 days!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Rome
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Good location near train station and the sights, clean basic rooms at affordable price. Breakfast was not great but everything else was either fine or better. If your planning on spending a lot of time in your hotel then this may not be for you, but in Rome why would you with so much to see!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The perfect place to stay in Rome. Close to the main terminal, Termini. Central to all the sights. Quiet, clean, comfortable and spacious! Pretty little garden and best of all, english speaking staff that are helpful and friendly! The greatest restaurant is just outside, for delicious lunches and dinners. A perfectly friendly mini cafe for your breakfasts and tea is nearby. I would go back there again on my next visit to Roma!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed 23 June 2013

So the hotel is literally just a few minutes walk from Roma Termini railway station which is the main station in Rome and the one which the train from Fiumicino (FCO) comes into.

We had a shared room on the third floor (no lift so be warned if you are adverse to stairs) and it was spacious and comfortable. There was a shared bathroom across the corridor with a good shower, basin, toilet and bidet. The bathroom was shared between 3 rooms but we never queued.

While there we had a few incidents: on the Friday the metro was on strike and the staff at breakfast told us so and worked out alternate travel arrangements for us so we could get to the Vatican and later that day my wallet was stolen and again they came to our help and found us dinner when we had no money at all and allowed us to pay the bill when we got back to London and had new credit cards.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank businessfamilyLondon
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Friendly english speaking staff who go the extra mile to get our room ready for early check in.
Hotel is cosy and nicely decorated, and we loved the patio.
Our room is next to the main street and an eatery but the sound proof was great.
Located within 5 min walk from train station.
We will recommend this to our friends.

United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Perfect location in Rome near the center of the city. I walked everywhere in Rome and the location of the hotel was perfect for walking everywhere. Even on the days when my legs needed a rest, a metro station was a 5 minute walk away. The rooms were clean and perfect for what I needed. This hotel and the staff certainly enhanced my experience in Rome. I was there for 2 weeks and did not want to do the tourist thing but wanted to see all the gems of the city tourists would likely not see. The staff especially Lyn were very helpful in pointing me to amazing parts of the city that I would have known nothing about otherwise. This was my first trip to Rome and I will certainly stay here again on my next visit! It had everything I needed and that little more that made it perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo