“patience is a virtue but still....”

Rome Open Tour Day Tour
Ranked #650 of 824 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magical sights of Rome on an extensive hop-on hop-off itinerary through the heart of the city. Open top buses allow you to enjoy full 360 degree panoramic views. You have the choice of a 24 - 48 - 72 hours ticket with which to make use of all the stops in the most beautiful, cultural and evocative areas of the Eternal city.
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Okay, The idea is great.... someone needs to tell them that they need to run the buses more frequently and to have the stops more visible, trying to find them was a right performance and abit frustrating with two kids...... Still not as bad as the same company In Malta whose bus broke down and the all the agents disappeared , when security phoned them they refused to show up and give us a refund or anything, anyhow back to Rome , get a map and walk its easier and not far between each major attraction and free....

3  Thank Kiwibrit_9

Reviewed 26 April 2013

First time in Rome, decided for first day to undertake a Hop on Hop off tour to get our bearings. What a mistake! Read a review first by "The Rome toolkit" who recommended of all the operators GLT The Open Tour, as most frequent buses, etc., so we went with them. Wished we hadn't. Bought our tickets on one side of the terminus, then sent right over the other side and stood in line for well over an hour to get on board. It looks like the drivers run the show, as when each bus came in (we waited until bus number 3 or 4), the driver disappeared for a break. The first one, the break was over 20 minutes, with a huge line waiting, and no one allowed to board a waiting bus until the first one left! Go figure..... Then we missed the last bus home, which we are certain must have been early, as we arrived when it was due. All over, not a good experience. Our observation- there were lot of the yellow buses running, and a good number of the red ones.

4  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Just a short review to warn you not to book with this company! Basically, the bus only comes once an hour to each stop unlike all the other hop on buses which stop every 15-20 minutes. It makes catching the bus very difficult,. Many of the headphones on bus didn't work even when you managed to catch it. We booked this with the Tiber Cruise (paying extra) and guess what....it wasn't running! Got on yer nerves when waiting for the Rome Open Tour Bus and another two/three companies kept passing by...and stopping! I would recommend the "Red Hop on Hop off" bus as we were sick of seeing them!!

4  Thank Riley044
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Beware of this fraudulent company! I booked through Viator on this tour company. Thanks to Viator I was stranded for half a day waiting for their bus to turn up. I had to pay for a second set of tickets so as not to waste the rest of my day!

Viator refunded the money, however, I fail to understand why Viator chooses to keep this tour company on its website! Not expected from Viator!

I guess Greenline Tours, Christiana Roma, Trambus Open Tours and City Sightseeing Roma all operated buses on a regular schedule. My advice would be to book with them on spot and avoid booking through Viator no matter what the discount is!

2  Thank Shubhsd
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I only read the reviews after I purchased the tickets from Viator, got to Rome, and waited...waited...waited...for a bus that never came. Another tour bus company told us that Rome Open Tour is not sanctioned by the city, which is why is only has one bus. Heartbreaking as you watch all the other hop on/hop off buses driving past you! DO NOT BY THESE TICKETS! There are other reputable vendors to use.

3  Thank szalgirl