“Loved this place!”

Sensus Restaurant
Ranked #2,671 of 12,268 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: SENSUS Restaurant...ECCOCI nel cuore del centro storico di Roma, ad un passo da Campo de Fiori e Piazza Farnese, uno degli scorci piu eleganti e suggestivi della capitale. Voglia di semplicita e colori..Voglia dei sapori mediterranei di casa tua...Voglia di tradizione mista a novita...Voglia di SENSUS Restaurant!!!
Chicago, Illinois
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our final dinner in Rome and I'm so glad we ended on a high note. An amazing seafood restaurant tucked away off the busy Campo de Fiori. The ambiance is lovely - small, chic, warm, inviting. We were warmly greeted by the owner and given great service by his staff. The seafood dishes were fun, a little exotic and all very fresh. I was helped with a wine pairing and not disappointed. We had octopus and salmon for starters, the black risotto with tuna as a second (unbelievably creamy!) and then a tuna steak and sea bass for the main course. I was there with my daughter who is typically not an adventurous seafood eater and she loved everything we ordered (even the octopus!)

This is not a place you walk into off the street. People were dressed up. We did not have reservations but we were accommodated with a nice table in the corner. The staff did not rush us and we spent an enjoyable 2+ hours enjoying the food and the ambiance.

It was our most expensive meal of the trip but well worth it. Would definitely go back again when I am in Rome.

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Miami, Florida
“The senior twin”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

on the third evening of a four night stay in Rome, we quite by accident found A Casa Mia in a non tourist area (if such exists in Trastevere area of Rome) and had a delightful meal. The maitre'd mentioned that the owner, Carlos, has another restaurant near Campo d'Fiore that is special. So we agreed and he called and made a reservation for our 4th night. Sensus is on a little narrow street, Vicolo del Giglio 22, in the Piaza Farnese area. It is small, seating an estimated 25 people. Carlos and his assistant made us feel special and gave us what we thought was truly special. But I noticed that they were also attentive to the other couples and to a large group (according to Carlos, a group of retired Italian lawyers that get together for dinner occasionally) so we concluded that while we received special attention, that might be the standard of the restaurant. Carlos explained the dishes, how the fish and produce are purchased daily, and his focus on seafood. I ate far more than I should, antipasto, primer and sec undo and dessert. and all was tasty and beautifully presented. As in a gourmet restaurant. Carlos treated us to his family's own lemonciello after dinner liquor. The cost for a full dinner for two was 95 euro. This was the best meal of our 10 days in Italy (we had some average meals - all good - and one not so good meal).
When we get back to Roma, we will re-visit Carlos' restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
Washington, DC
“Fantastic fish”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Chose Sensus based on TripAdvisor reviews. Carlo responded immediately to my email requesting a reservation. We asked for an early table - and as we arrived, the evening's fish was just being brought in from a small delivery van. The fish is as fresh as possible, and the kitchen is smart enough to embellish it only a little, and let the flavors speak for themselves. Beautiful small space, very friendly welcome and service. Carlo was very helpful in pairing my selection with a wine by the glass - and had me taste a couple until we found the one that best suited my meal. Save room for desserts, especially the pineapple tarte Tatin, served with amazing preserved cherries -- or go for the molten chocolate cake. We liked the place so much we went back twice, and took visiting friends there. Will certainly return at least once before the end of our stay in Rome.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank DCTranslator
Auckland, New Zealand
“Elegant dining in a sophisticated atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I recommend this restaurant. The maître d' speaks perfect English and explained the menu well. He recommended a good wine. The food varied from very good to excellent. I recommend the octopus. It was superb.

London, United Kingdom
“Good contemporary seafood but limited menu”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

we had a very nice meal on a saturday eevening, Rome was beset by travel problems so it was emptier than I would expect. The service and ambiance were very good. menu is all seafood with a small selection of beef, not a problem for us but could be for others.carlos very helpful and great service

• Visited March 2014

Been to Sensus Restaurant? Share your experiences!