“Rude Staff, Bad Service, Below Average Food”
Review of Birreria Moretti

Birreria Moretti
Ranked #10,033 of 12,875 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were hungry, looking for somewhere central and came across wanted. With a small child in tow we entered, the waiter appeared to sneer and didn't greet us, we took our seats.
Looking at the menu we couldn't see apple juice for our son, so I asked if he had apple juice, the waiter snarled 'look at the menu'- we should have got up and left then, however we ordered the food was below average.
We tried to catch the waiter's attention again to pay, but couldn't so I went to the bar to pay. Wanted has a sign in the window saying that they accept credit cards (visa, mastercard etc), I offered to pay by card and he refused. I pointed to the sign in the window and he still refused to accept card payment insisting on cash only.
This is the worst service I've ever had in a restaurant. The waiter made Basily Fawlty look friendly and competent. The visit soured our day and I wish we had walked about before eating.
Avoid.

3  Thank timeaway101

Reviewed 26 October 2013

went here with my family, food was lousy try, tasteless greasy mush. Our advice is that avoid this place, there is many better just minute walk by...

2  Thank sami_salonen
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

One of the disgusting example of very trash traditional Food raped. Very very bad experience.
The opposite of the real italian food experience. All the proposal are fake. Very bad also the classic. Forget it!

1  Thank paolobarichella
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Just finished dinner, 3 drinks, bruschetta, 2 meals & 2 desserts all for ?48 ... We were happy, staff very pleasant and helpfull. We would return :)

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I came upon this place after having visited the Colosseum. It was between 1pm and 2pm and for the most part, it wasn't particularly busy. As we were checking out the menu which was posted outside (as most eating establishments seem to do) we were greeted by one of the friendly staff members who succeeded in convincing us to give there restaurant a try.

Inside the place appeared clean with lots of light, tables and decor. The server then took our drink orders while we decided what to order for lunch. The drinks arrived fairly quickly at which time my wife ordered the Tortelloni and I ordered the Salami Pizza.

I don't recall waiting too long for the food to arrive and once it did we found it pretty good. My wife enjoyed her meal as did I the pizza. It wasn't over the top amazing by any means, however, it wasn't horrible either. We were particularly happy with the service, which goes along way in our books and more often then not, will compliment the food experience, completing the entire dining experience. If ever in Rome, I wouldn't hesitate to eat here again.