“Don't miss the Chanti Reserva”
Review of Birreria Moretti

Birreria Moretti
Ranked #10,116 of 13,057 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had a very good experience two nights in a row. The mushroom soup was very good and the pasta dishes were delicious. We were there relatively early, and one night the staff were still eating there dinner.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the busy nature of this restaurant. It certainly has nothing to do with popularity and returning customers.

Staff leave their smiles at home and the chefs seem to have difficulty making the most simple of Italian dishes.
For starter we had the mixed meats and cheeses. No effort was made at the presentation and the cheese selection was pretty poor. The meats were not fresh but were edible.

For main course both of us had carbonara and the only compliment I can give them is that they are at least consistent in the poor quality of their servings because both of our mains were not great. I don't know what cheese they used in it but it definitely wasn't Parmesan or Pecorino. The cheese/egg ratio in the ingredients was unpleasantly cheesy.

If anything is "Wanted" in this restaurant it is a 'CLOSED' sign on the door.

Wish I had read the reviews before goin here.

1  Thank badgiec
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were hungry, looking for somewhere central and came across wanted. With a small child in tow we entered, the waiter appeared to sneer and didn't greet us, we took our seats.
Looking at the menu we couldn't see apple juice for our son, so I asked if he had apple juice, the waiter snarled 'look at the menu'- we should have got up and left then, however we ordered the food was below average.
We tried to catch the waiter's attention again to pay, but couldn't so I went to the bar to pay. Wanted has a sign in the window saying that they accept credit cards (visa, mastercard etc), I offered to pay by card and he refused. I pointed to the sign in the window and he still refused to accept card payment insisting on cash only.
This is the worst service I've ever had in a restaurant. The waiter made Basily Fawlty look friendly and competent. The visit soured our day and I wish we had walked about before eating.
Avoid.

3  Thank timeaway101
Reviewed 26 October 2013

went here with my family, food was lousy try, tasteless greasy mush. Our advice is that avoid this place, there is many better just minute walk by...

2  Thank sami_salonen
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

One of the disgusting example of very trash traditional Food raped. Very very bad experience.
The opposite of the real italian food experience. All the proposal are fake. Very bad also the classic. Forget it!

1  Thank paolobarichella

Been to Birreria Moretti? Share your experiences!