“Amazing View, Amazing Location”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #9 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing View, Amazing Location”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

There is nothing more memorable then waking up every morning in Rome and seeing the Pantheon out the window. The room was a really nice size for Europe...same size as some hotels here in the States. The location was perfect. We only used a car twice...from the airport and to the airport. We walked everywhere else! I cannot wait to return to Rome and when I do I will be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Pantheon
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaBF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed here twice during my trip to Italy-for 3 nights at the beginning and 1 night before going to the airport. For the first stay, I had reserved a single, but was upgraded to a double overlooking the Pantheon and Piazza Rotunda (room 303). The bed was great, but took up most of the room. The bathroom was huge! The second one-night stay I received the single room that I had reserved (301-next to the elevator) and it was tiny with no view. The breakfast was unremarkable. The rooftop bar had stunning views.

As has been noted in other reviews, the location is fantastic. Several really good restaurants are very nearby - Hosteria Pantheon, Armando di Pantheon, and Nice Ice for gelato.

Staff was very professional and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Albergo del Senato
Plaza della Rotonda
73-00186
Roma

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is a very long, overdue letter in appreciation of the great service we received at your hotel October, 2008, by Luca.

When we (my husband, myself and my niece Lisa Amoroso) arrived at your hotel, Luca smiled and welcomed to us to the hotel, he asked “how are you” we explained to him that we were not very happy. The car we hired from the airport could not find the hotel and we had been driving in circles, passing the same streets for 45 minutes. The driver became frustrated and left us off several blocks from the hotel, told us to walk straight, make a right turn and our hotel would be there. Luca listened to our story and said he was sorry we had a problem but everything would be alright now. Our room had been upgraded and we would have a good time in Rome.

We then told him that my husband, who is a diabetic, left the United States without his insulin. Luca once again listened to our story and then said “no problem”, he immediately picked up the telephone, called the pharmacy around the corner from the hotel, explained the situation and arranged for someone from the hotel to walk us to the pharmacy.

Luca once again smiled and said he would have our luggage delivered to the room while we were at the pharmacy. We then told him we did not have any luggage because our luggage did not make it to Rome and was most probably still in the Heathrow Airport. Luca smiled and replied “senora, now you have a problem.” We laughed, and said we knew but we would continue our trip in hope that everything would work itself out. We were only going to be in Rome for the night, we were continuing on to Egypt the next morning, if our luggage did not get there soon we did not know if it would ever catch up with us. That night we met a friend of ours who is a priest and studying in Rome, and went out for a terrific Roman dinner.

Fortunately, our luggage arrived at the hotel very early the next day. Everything went well at the pharmacy and we were able to pick up the insulin around 9:00 a.m. We checked out of the hotel at 11:00 went back to the airport and flew to Egypt.

Whenever I relay the story to friends and family I always say I have to write a letter of appreciation for all that Luca did to help us enjoy our stay in Rome. All this time I had very good intentions of writing. It does not seem possible that three years have gone by without me doing so. I apologize that it has taken me this long. But at least I know I have finally given thanks to someone who really deserves it for going well beyond what was expected and solving our problems. So many times people write or complain about things that go wrong, I feel it is more important to thank and congratulate the people who help to make things go right.

So once again I apologize for not writing this letter sooner. I hope Luca still works for you hotel and continues to greet and help your patrons with the same grace and good humor he welcomed us to your fine establishment.

Sincerely yours,

Joann Campo

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Joann C
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Located right next door to the Pantheon, location is central to all Rome tourist sites, allowing you to walk everywhere! Throw in gracious hotel staff, clean rooms big enough for an extra bed for our teenage son and breakfast each morning...it was a gem.

Of course being close to some of the best gelato (Geolitti and Del Parma) made it that much better. Highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Even facing the Pantheon, no noise issues as the Pantheon closes around 8pm.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank StevenMK
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My husband & I stayed at Albergo del Senato for 3 nights at early Sept. This hotel was our last stop on a 7 week trip and it was a haven for two weary travellers. Our room was of an excellent standard - we faced onto the Piazza and watching the happenings in this vibrant square was a favorite past time. All staff were English speaking and super helpful. Very central - walking distance to all everything Rome has to offer. We would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Piazza are wonderful and fully soundproof when the windows are closed.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Brought my partner here for her birthday. Great reception from the staff fantastic service all round It seems really genuine. The view from our room was a fist floor front view of the square and fountain with stunning views of what is now my fa Pureite building the Pantheon. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are coming to Rome and you can easily walk everywhere from here.

• Stayed November 2011
Chennai
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My wife and myself had planned on a week long vacation to Rome. We found this hotel through Trip Advisor and the various photos posted here. We figured that the location was good as it was outside the Pantheon. We called the hotel to book a room reservation. We were calling from India. The hotel staff made it so easy. We however were extremely insistent that our room had a view. They told us there were no guarantees on a view but would do their best. With that little hope we made the booking.

There are no words to describe the immense sense of joy we felt driving right to the heart of ancient rome. The taxi pulled up right outside the Pantheon and the taxi driver pointed us to the hotel. Our jaws dropped. Still not sure of the view we rode up the tiny elevator to our 4th floor room. Once inside, even the gods could not have planned our view better. We literally were looking at the Pantheon and the square below. The fountain, music, restaurants, people, life and Rome were all at our window's view.

Need we say more... our holiday was perfect! But wait! it got better. On the third day, we had to move to another room due to some availability issues and were given the penthouse suit! What we thought was a perfect holiday got even better! We had a whole sit down balcony and a bottle of campaign in the room!!! Well we did pay substantially more for this room but as they say, can you put a price on beauty?

The hotel staff were very courteous. One day I decided to stay in and enjoy the balcony view. When I got in the room was clean!!! the house keeping wizard lady did the most amazing and quick cleaning job i have ever seen.

Morning breakfasts are quite filling. The waiter took good care of us every morning.

All i would like to say is: if you can manage to stay here on your visit to Rome, surely you will thank me for this advice :)

Room Tip: Book in advance and Insist on a room with a view of the Pantheon.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple